Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I am sure this is not the right place for this but had to plug my homies brand Effulegence. He made some M&N inspired shorts but in corduroy and zipper chrome pockets. Only $80 too but all sold out.

CB6A85D7-7469-4440-8AD2-B3C1B4BA9155.jpeg

Made Lakers colorway too:

It's been impossible to fathom Mitchell & Ness' inconsistent approach with manufacturing. It's been a%$ backwards between then and now.

In the early 2000s, jerseys were made in U.S.A. with good materials and nice workmanship. They resembled what players wore. But the color shades overall, font sizes, and placements of letters and numbers were off. And the actual physical sizes were much larger than the labeled size. Outsourcing began toward the end of that fad period too.

In the present, all outsourced with cheaper materials and poor workmanship. They don't resemble a game jersey. But the color shades overall, font sizes, and placements of letters and numbers are somewhat correct. Yes there are some with discrepancies as well. At least the physical sizes align with the labeled size.

It's basically unfavorable trade-offs between decades. Too bad they couldn't integrate the consistencies/positives between eras.

T
Basketball jersey world just had a full restock of all kobes

Thank you my man, I’m getting worried my m&n order still hasn’t been processed, bean almost a week. Any discount codes for that site :rofl:

It's been impossible to fathom Mitchell & Ness' inconsistent approach with manufacturing. It's been a%$ backwards between then and now.

In the early 2000s, jerseys were made in U.S.A. with good materials and nice workmanship. They resembled what players wore. But the color shades overall, font sizes, and placements of letters and numbers were off. And the actual physical sizes were much larger than the labeled size. Outsourcing began toward the end of that fad period too.

In the present, all outsourced with cheaper materials and poor workmanship. They don't resemble a game jersey. But the color shades overall, font sizes, and placements of letters and numbers are somewhat correct. Yes there are some with discrepancies as well. At least the physical sizes align with the labeled size.

It's basically unfavorable trade-offs between decades. Too bad they couldn't integrate the consistencies/positives between eras.
If you are comparing them to what players wore then nothing will ever match it. You should be buying game worm if these are your concerns.

If you are comparing them to what players wore then nothing will ever match it. You should be buying game worm if these are your concerns.

That wasn't the point.

I was stated resemblance as in looking close enough, not exact specs because whatever we get in retail is always a good reproduction as it's been conveyed many times on here.

My point was about quality and workmanship as it's a common issue for a lot of people who care about getting good products.

Since Mitchell & Ness has produced many Allen Iverson jerseys for a long time now, with that Georgetown jersey recently, I wonder why they haven't made these 76ers styles yet although he had a short final stint with them that wasn't memorable.

This has to be the plainest design he ever wore with that team. Would anyone get these if they were produced? I think I would if it was cheap since I'm a big fan of his and he's a 76ers iconic legend.
A.I.1.jpg
A.I.2.jpg
I love Iverson in the traditional 76ers colors. That black and gold crap he wore most of his time in Philadelphia was awful and a disgrace.

I love Iverson in the traditional 76ers colors. That black and gold crap he wore most of his time in Philadelphia was awful and a disgrace.

I agree that 76ers should always have a red, white, and blue motif to correlate properly with their team gimmick.

But the ironic thing is that Iverson's storied career will mostly be seen with him in that black, red, white, and gold motif because he wore that most of his career and accumulated accolades in those colors like it or not.

when it comes to the accuracy and wanting something close to what the players wear. If the stuff was more affordable, I guarantee you more people would go that route. But a lot of people have authentic taste on a Swingman budget. Big reason why M&N has been making swingmans their bread and butter the last year or two.

But aside from that, most people don’t care about minor discrepancies. M&N authentics are a reproduction similar to retro Jordans. It’s not going to be spot on like the original. Even champion, Nike, starter etc retail authentics were cut different, had different font sizes etc and the causal customer likely cant tell the difference or doesn’t care.

ultimate if you want something that’s exactly like what the players wear, you gotta pay to play and this can be an expensive hobby.

Hibbett with the fast refund .... god blessed them ..... I’m not that brave to buy the same jersey from them ..... mess around I’ll end up doing with the same jersey I gave back lol

Doesn't look like it to me, but here's a resource and take a look. This should help with a comparison

Can’t get the pics to load. But thank you

That wasn't the point.

I was stated resemblance as in looking close enough, not exact specs because whatever we get in retail is always a good reproduction as it's been conveyed many times on here.

My point was about quality and workmanship as it's a common issue for a lot of people who care about getting good products.

Name a clothing brand who's quality has gotten better over a time with greater popularity and sales.

Back
Top Bottom