Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Curious what jersey collectors think about this:

The Lakers recently sold a limited number of Lebron finals jerseys with the finals patch. The jerseys were purple (we never wore purple in the finals) and had James over his number (not under how the Lakers jerseys were in the playoffs).

They never sold the Black Mamba jerseys and if they did names would be above and incorrect as well. The jerseys also don’t come with the KB patch the Lakers wore all season and in the playoffs, or the Gigi patch on the Black mamba jersey if it ever did release.

For a Lakers fan, wouldn’t customizing a “replica” jersey to actually match what the Lakers wore in the finals be far more “authentic”?

I’m a huge Lakers fan, but I want the jerseys they actually wore in the finals and those don’t seem like they’ll ever be available.

Sorry for the text wall.

thejrob thejrob if I were a Lakers fan, I’d definitely go the custom route. You’re absolutely right to want the jersey they wore. Sucks that Nike won’t release the correct version.

They did sell the black mamba jerseys. Small release of authentics on 8/24. Had name under the number, but you’re right about it not having the gigi patch or the stern memorial band. I do think it’s trash they weren’t made more widely available. Shoulda been available for all who wanted imo.
Here’s a pic of the one I bought from the lakers store

45B4C525-7CD2-4DD2-A569-E2AA9C088E72.jpeg

5CD5ECCD-8D3F-4958-AEBC-C912F6389520.jpeg

They did sell the black mamba jerseys. Small release of authentics on 8/24. Had name under the number, but you’re right about it not having the gigi patch or the stern memorial band. I do think it’s trash they weren’t made more widely available. Shoulda been available for all who wanted imo.

Damn, I totally missed this release, this jersey is great. I was actually lucky enough to get a W on SNKRS for the Kobe 8/24 jersey which was a miracle. The way they are choosing to go the hype route with that Kobe jersey release, the jersey you got, and the new Kobe shoe releases has really disgusted me. I don’t expect much more, but damn they are already overcharging so much, they should’ve let his fans support him on at least one or two huge releases.

I think I’m going to get a custom made so I can have one with the Gigi patch and the finals patch added as well for AD and Bron.

How do you guys feel about the Advertisement patches? For authenticity relative to what they wear on the court obviously it’s nexessary, but damn I really hate the idea of adding an Ad to a custom jersey and paying extra to wear an ad on myself :lol:

SoleByThePound SoleByThePound thanks for your help fam :pimp:

Curious what jersey collectors think about this:

The Lakers recently sold a limited number of Lebron finals jerseys with the finals patch. The jerseys were purple (we never wore purple in the finals) and had James over his number (not under how the Lakers jerseys were in the playoffs).

They never sold the Black Mamba jerseys and if they did names would be above and incorrect as well. The jerseys also don’t come with the KB patch the Lakers wore all season and in the playoffs, or the Gigi patch on the Black mamba jersey if it ever did release.

For a Lakers fan, wouldn’t customizing a “replica” jersey to actually match what the Lakers wore in the finals be far more “authentic”?

I’m a huge Lakers fan, but I want the jerseys they actually wore in the finals and those don’t seem like they’ll ever be available.

Sorry for the text wall.

As a Lakers fan the lack of proper Finals jerseys is infuriating. Nike charged $70 extra for a finals patch on a swingman. I’ve definitely been considering grabbing a white authentic jersey and just throwing a finals patch on it myself.

As a Lakers fan the lack of proper Finals jerseys is infuriating. Nike charged $70 extra for a finals patch on a swingman. I’ve definitely been considering grabbing a white authentic jersey and just throwing a finals patch on it myself.

Exactly. I really got pushed over the edge when I got the email about this release. I actually like the Nike Swingman jerseys too, but the price to add a Heat Pressed patch being $70!!! And still the wrong name placement, not what the team actually wore :smh:

I downright despise ads on a jersey. It’s going to be interesting to see if Mitchell & Ness will ever be able to make jerseys for this era due to a huge corporate logo being on them.

I’ve been wondering this a lot too. Guess we won’t know until the first throwbacks from this era come out, but I really pray they skip the patches. You can get Lakers swingman jerseys with or without the Wish patch, but it depends on where you purchase from I think. Seems like the official team store sells with the Ad, but others don’t always. I HATE it. I get the teams have to make money, but I’ll never wear a jersey with an Advertisement on it if I have my choice :lol:

Question for you. Is the swoosh sewn in or is the plastic one from last year?

25% off on Jordan authentics jerseys on Hibbett.

been seeing the jordan rookie and ‘88 all star jerseys at a lot of retailers in bulk.

Question for you. Is the swoosh sewn in or is the plastic one from last year?

It's the plastic one from last year - Jersey was also Aeroswift material so If I had to guess it was backstock/leftover from last year and not new production. Thats why we likely only saw them from the lakers store and not Nike or elsewhere

It's the plastic one from last year - Jersey was also Aeroswift material so If I had to guess it was backstock/leftover from last year and not new production. Thats why we likely only saw them from the lakers store and not Nike or elsewhere

That's what I suspected. I got the Kuzma from last year but at least you got the name in the right position.

I'm putting finals patches on my authentic Bron and AD but it won't feel right since the names are in the wrong spot.

Copped from a corporate few weeks back. Sz M/40. NWT...PM if interested. Letting go for good price. Can’t fit.
090D6F5F-5F05-4EED-8BFA-9A76C0F7DC7F.jpeg

I check all these sites at midnight every night to see what the new daily specials are. Lids is having 30% off too. Decided to hold off and wait for Fanatics 30% instead. That shipping charge really makes a difference lol. And it doesnt look like the jerseys are going anywhere. I checked all the ones I wanted again like an hour ago and they all say last purchased yesterday and with no "limited quantity".

Back
Top Bottom