Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

104FB8CD-1A5B-448E-8578-6AB165B2B440.jpeg

Finally got this in. There’s a slight bend/crease in the 7 on the front (probably from it shipping). I’ve got a lot of M&N jerseys but haven’t really had anything like that. Do these creases/bends come out?

All our jerseys are reps besides gamers.

Even M&N authentics - especially when you consider that seemingly half of them have inaccuracies.

The difference between authentics and swingman is really about quality.

Swingman jerseys look cheap. Authentics look nice.

But it doesn't matter if you can't dress and have no taste, which concerns about 90% of the jersey community.

So there you go.

I’ve been saying something similar. I don’t do swingmans, but if you’re going to be on some jersey purist, looking down on people who wear swingmans because they’re inaccurate etc, M&N authentics isn’t the wave to be on.

M&N authentics aren’t the gold standard if you’re going to be on your accuracy high horse. If people really want accuracy and perfectly detailed specs, they’ll go the team issued and gamer route. But that can be really expensive. And if we’re being honest, a lot of dudes have authentic taste and swingman budgets.

That said I’ll cop m&n authentics fully aware that there’s inaccuracies. But I generally have a swingman budget with resourceful tendencies. But I’m not going the team issued or gamer route.

I don’t think swingmans are frowned upon because of accuracy… they are legit just cheap-quality items. For the price, it makes more sense to just buy the authentic version. Or just get a T-shirt.

I understand some older, better-quality swingmans or jerseys that haven’t been released as authentics.

Most regular people aren’t going to shell out $300 to get a jersey though. Hell most of them won’t even shell out $130 to get a swingman.

Same with kicks and any nicer item that collectors/enthusiasts will pay more for

Swingman quality sucks. But I get why swingmans are popular. Outside of a thread like this and some of the jersey FB groups, people who are really into jerseys and collect the stuff are rare

Having been into this hobby for years. I’m usually pretty capable of getting stuff I want for a good price. But your average person who just wants a jersey of their favorite player or to match their outfit. They’re not trying to do all that searching. Adding to that, most retail stores only stock swingmans, so if someone is purchasing something in store it’s most likely going to be a swingman.

I like authentics more than swingmans… never understood the hate with swingmans… people like what they like…for me personally it doesn’t matter to me… majority of my jerseys are authentics I want to say 95%... then theres the 5% percent that are swingmans… I bought because I like the player and the authentic version is not something I like… for example I have an RJ barret jersey and lakers lebron… im not a fan of the nike authentics so I got the swingman instead… I got a Marbury Knicks jersey because M&N don’t make the authentic version so I had no choice really…For something that I will wear maybe once a year it doesn’t justify to get the authentic jersey imo...But regardless if the authentic version is available I cop that instead… so I can see why some people would rather go the swingman route…

If we are talking about inaccuracies I don’t mess with just don compared to the regular authentic shorts… It alters the look of the authentic pair with the big logo on the crotch… they are just overrated/overpriced looking shorts…

I don’t think swingmans are frowned upon because of accuracy… they are legit just cheap-quality items. For the price, it makes more sense to just buy the authentic version. Or just get a T-shirt.

I understand some older, better-quality swingmans or jerseys that haven’t been released as authentics.

Most regular people aren’t going to shell out $300 to get a jersey though. Hell most of them won’t even shell out $130 to get a swingman.

Same with kicks and any nicer item that collectors/enthusiasts will pay more for

With these new Nike jerseys, sometimes you have no choice but to cop a Swingman.
The allocation and roll out of the authentics have been atrocious. Especially this season.

jordanhead718212 jordanhead718212 nailed it. I'd buy the authentic 10 times out of 10 if it was offered, but it's damn near impossible to get current NBA authentics if you like any team that isn't the Lakers. Being a Pacers guy, we've only been offered authentics of 3 different jerseys since Nike took over (1 Statement, 2 City). I don't even think the team store carries authentics of the basic Statement jerseys any more. That means if I want ANY Pacers jerseys at all, my choices are Swingman A or Swingman B. Would I prefer to have the authentic? Hell yeah. Am I going to boycott all current jerseys because they only come in Swingman? Hell no. :lol:

I agree.

That's why I would advise (I don't actually do it, I mean in my head lol) people to buy authentics. It's a much better investment.

I'd rather have 1 authentic than 3 swingman jerseys.

It will last longer, it will look much better, and it's a cool statement piece to have that you can build outfits around.

M&N authentics are not really "authentics". But most of them are beautiful, high-quality licensed replicas, and great pieces to have.

The only swingman items I have are the older early 2000s Nike stuff and it was only worth it when on sale back then. If you repeatedly wash them the logos fade. That's why I like authentics since I sweat profusely. I can wash it after every 10 wears

Back
Top Bottom