Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Got gifted an authentic Hakeem rockets and authentic Barkley Rockets back to back xmas’s in 4th and 5th (or 5th and 6th can’t remember) grade from my grandma.

17331B6B-3004-4C0A-A3EF-CCFFA1AA9BF0.jpeg
ECC0BC43-96AB-40DA-B137-3F8DAC83F08E.jpeg

Been waiting on the to put that new Griffey #3 Reds BP on the site that they have at the flagship but it’s been weeks and not on the site.

Pretty much. I doubt they only did a small size run strictly for the flagship store. It’ll likely be on the website within a few weeks.

As for the when did you start rocking authentics question. I had a few in high school which I was lucky to randomly find at places like ross and tj Maxx. But I got a job at a jersey store in late 2002. Once I got that employee discount my paychecks pretty much went right back to them. M&N, NFL Authentics and NBA Authentics. Then once I got hip to eBay I started getting all sorts of older Authentics which could be had for good prices at that time. But once I started getting Authentics regularly it was a wrap for swingmans lol.

While on the subject, what made everyone go authentic vs swingman? Was your first jersey a swingman and you didn’t like the quality or you bought authentic from the start?

I had a couple of swingman back in the day and bought my first authentic then never looked back
First jersey was a champion replica suns Charles Barkley $39.99 at modells. First authentic was Reggie Miller flo Jo that I got for $70. Growing up in 90s, there were only these 2 options.

I bought authentics out of the gate. I can remember going into the old old Mitchell and ness and store back when Peter capilino used to be around. This was back in 02-03. Then if anyone in here is from the Philly area, total sports opened on like 5 and south on south street. That placed bankrupted me. I was buying authentics almost every weekend. Celebs would be in that store frequently. I remember meeting Scarface and beans In there. Also ordered a ton from distant replays as well. The good ol days.

While on the subject, what made everyone go authentic vs swingman? Was your first jersey a swingman and you didn’t like the quality or you bought authentic from the start?

I had a couple of swingman back in the day and bought my first authentic then never looked back

My first jersey ever was a Champion red Bulls Jordan replica. I remember they were $40 back then, which was A LOT back then, especially for me and my family. It was a birthday gift. Grateful for my parents always sacrificing for me and my siblings. My parents still bring up me as a kid sitting at my desk in my room doing homework while listening to Bulls games on the radio. We didn't even have cable back then.

I still have it in great condition. And now, as an adult, I have about 6 M&N Jordan jerseys to satisfy that nostalgia, along with a bunch of other Bulls stuff.

I was perfectly content with M&N V1 swingman jerseys and older Nike adidas swingman jerseys because they were single stitched twill at least. Now Mitchell & Ness swingman jerseys are glossy heat pressed garbage.

Tried on a heat pressed M&N swingman last year and it was like a whole size smaller than the label and the numbers looked like they’d peel off in three washes.

I’ll never buy a M&N swingman again.

Great. Now i gotta holla @ the hardwoodfames dude and take what he gon give me for these 2 reef swingmans. Y’all can have em for whatever he offer.

I hope they got whatever they needed to get right right this time bc this is my final grail of Mitchell and ness throwbacks.

I bought authentics out of the gate. I can remember going into the old old Mitchell and ness and store back when Peter capilino used to be around. This was back in 02-03. Then if anyone in here is from the Philly area, total sports opened on like 5 and south on south street. That placed bankrupted me. I was buying authentics almost every weekend. Celebs would be in that store frequently. I remember meeting Scarface and beans In there. Also ordered a ton from distant replays as well. The good ol days.
Yo, you took me back with distant replays.

I didn't know there was a difference until I joined this thread in 2019-2020. And I always thought the Nike stuff was the legit stuff. I had heard of M&N, but just thought it was a specialty brand that made the same stuff Nike did. I never even bothered to look into M&N, because as far as I knew, Nike was the top of the line. If you had Nike, everybody knew what it was. If you had M&N, you just had some off specialty brand that people may not even know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom