Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Is there a current 30 percent promo code that works?

Some dude on eBay sells on time use 30% off codes. Worth it if you’re making a big purchase. Hell I’m tempted to get the 01-02 Kobe now seeing that fanatics is offering $97 In fan cash on it right now.

But between the 30% codes and the Costco deal that’s been mentioned on here. It ends up marking the price down significantly on most purchases.

I don’t know if this is a mistake. As I don’t see similar priced stuff offering the same amount. But tempting.

9EA97795-E11D-4398-8E43-367871A92875.png
F7C7C3AC-F004-40E9-9DD8-2CDE1C8C070B.png

They’re running a special like 10x the fan cash on orders over $150 or something. Got the email today or yesterday. Think it runs until tomorrow.
I don’t know if this is a mistake. As I don’t see similar priced stuff offering the same amount. But tempting.

9EA97795-E11D-4398-8E43-367871A92875.png
F7C7C3AC-F004-40E9-9DD8-2CDE1C8C070B.png

They’re running a special like 10x the fan cash on orders over $150 or something. Got the email today or yesterday. Think it runs until tomorrow.

Is it only for certain stuff? I bought some hats earlier today and I noticed I got more fan cash than usual. I was looking up other m&n jerseys just now, but I’m only seeing the extra fan cash on that 01-02 Kobe. I’ve looked up a few other jerseys and I’m not seeing similar amounts.

Is it only for certain stuff? I bought some hats earlier today and I noticed I got more fan cash than usual. I was looking up other m&n jerseys just now, but I’m only seeing the extra fan cash on that 01-02 Kobe. I’ve looked up a few other jerseys and I’m not seeing similar amounts.
I believe so.

I believe so.

That’s what’s it’s looking like. Because I’m seeing $9 fancash on some $45 fitted hats and also seeing around $9 on $300 jerseys. But that $97 fan cash for that Kobe is tempting me.

If that deal is still up tomorrow, It may just be meant to be in my collection lol.

I noticed some peeps on here have acknowledged shopping at Distant Replays in Georgia when they were in business during the 2000s.

I knew about that store via their old website during the dial-up days. I used to frequent their site to check on all the current throwback jerseys since they carried whatever was popular during that period. It was basically the way I stayed informed on what was out.

I never had interest in ordering from them because they didn't offer deals, which was understandable since they were spoiled with the formality of customers paying $300 apiece for jerseys during the early 2000s.

I believe that store was even used as a setting in a Bow Wow video back in 2003.

The parallels of their business seemed so eerily accurate.

Business was consistent and productive in the early 2000s when stars and regular people frequented that store and paid regular price for the merchandise. The stars who shopped there were plastered in pictures on their website.

But it was crazy how all the authentic stuff was purged from their inventory when I checked their website in the late 2000s. Definitely no stars shown on their website at that juncture. The website was revamped like a MF! It was when people seemed to stop frequenting that store compounded with the fact that throwbacks weren't trendy anymore.

What was really crazy was that they only sold nondescript t-shirts of retro logos on their website by the late 2000s. It was similar to how Starter only made basic t-shirts with team logos that were affordable and were only sold in big-box stores after they filed for bankruptcy in 1999.

I believe that store closed after the late 2000s.

Can anyone who has shopped at Distant Replays share your history or experience with them?
I went there once, when I went to Atlanta in 2005 I told my mom that was the only place I wanted to go. I wasnt able to buy a jersey there since I was a broke college student at that time, but I was amazed of all the jerseys they had in that store. They had a Sand Knit Spud Webb jersey hanging on display. The staff was really nice. I really miss that place.

Yes only on certain items, fortunately for me the 10x fan cash worked on my wish list items. Now waiting for fanatics to stock that Shareef Grizzlies. If not, can't go wrong with 2007 Kobe.

Yes only on certain items, fortunately for me the 10x fan cash worked on my wish list items. Now waiting for fanatics to stock that Shareef Grizzlies. If not, can't go wrong with 2007 Kobe.

They put the Kobe I posted back to normal fan cash. Oh well, money saved for me. I already have a 99-00 gold Kobe so that 02 wasn’t a must have. But next time they do the 10x fan cash, ima get something. Because when you factor in all the other discounts and then getting 10x fancash on top of that. That’s a win all around.

No distant replays experience...

But I remember at the height of the jersey era, local stores were selling jerseys between 400-600 bucks... And yes, they were selling.

Weren't they overcharging with that? It's common knowledge that jerseys cost $300 on average either in the past or present. There were specific ones that were under or over $300.

Jerseys were easily sold at $300 apiece for sure with anyone who carried them in the early 2000s.

Weren't they overcharging with that? It's common knowledge that jerseys cost $300 on average either in the past or present. There were specific ones that were under or over $300.

Jerseys were easily sold at $300 apiece for sure with anyone who carried them in the early 2000s.
Most definitely

Retail was 300. But some mom and pops jacked up the price depending on the jersey.

Most definitely

Retail was 300. But some mom and pops jacked up the price depending on the jersey.

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I was thinking, it was the mom and pop shops who jacked up the prices. $300 was typical.

During the early 2000s, I recall Celtics Larry Bird was like $250, Bullets Wes Unseld was $400, Chargers Lance Alworth was $450, Lakers Magic Johnson was $260. I can't specifically recall which ones were $350.

The ironic thing is that it's been $300 for the Alworth jerseys whenever they're in stock on Fanatics for the last few years.

Long story short.....used 30% one time use code and 20% Costco GCs on an authentic Pedro, Wade and Iverson jerseys. Got $182 (almost 30%) in Fan Cash. Another $38 in Honey cash for the Pedro, and 5% cash back on the rest. 💪
So I did a quick calculation. The jersey came out to be $159/each after coupon, discount GC, $15 fan cash, tax and shipping/handling charge.

In exchange, $183 in fan cash, $69 in cash back off the Honey app, and $14 in Costco visa cash back: $266 in free money. #blackBeltSmartShopper 🥷🛍️

Last edited:
I’m trying to get a little more information about near-future authentic drops, but I did get confirmation today about a swingman jersey that I’ll personally be interested in…
6A3EC221-F0A3-40E6-8A3C-1E6D7D4C475A.jpeg

That would be dope as an authentic

Wouldn’t cop but for some reason I always thought those OKC hornets jerseys were dope

Back
Top Bottom