Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

The Pinstripe Jordan: Champion Retail authentic is different from Gamer, both in terms of material (RAs had that embroidered black layer) and size. While the Gamers were a bit bigger in size, the M&N is waaaaay oversized. I brought this up to them a couple years back. They fixed it on the second production runs, as well as improved the number fonts (too "wide" and square on the original runs). They had this issue on all the black Bulls jerseys. (Red jerseys a different matter, for another post).

Even on the improved runs, the back name/number are like 15-20% too big and the name font is still wrong.

What's frustrating is the have the correct name/number fonts for the Bulls. They are just really inconsistent.

M&N vs Gamer/Team-Issued in pic
22712719_10155073197047151_1291769229_o.jpg

Last edited:
7226_300_95spipp_2_1.jpg

thumb.jpg

Here is the Pippen 1st and 2nd run. You can see on the second run the name is much smaller and the changed the number font. If you have a hard time noticing, look at proportion between the corner of the numbers and the top/bottoms.

Inaccurate name font is less noticeable on the Pippen since it doesn't have the "R". I have this one. It's a great looking piece, but the numbers are still huge.

Note: Not hating on anyone! Just my notes on the jersey since we are discussing it.

I don't own a pro cut. authentic retail only but here are the pix of my black pinstripe authentic size 48. I say big #s on the Jordan because the name on the back is bigger compare to my Champion Reggie Miller and Olajuwon.

IMG_20160515_085947.jpg
IMG_20160515_090003.jpg

Yea but the NOB on both pinstripe and black alt are WAY bigger than that lol

I owned the pinstripe pippen and Black alt.

Black alt would have been a keeper but the name was so big it looked fake. Even my brothers both asked me if it was fake with how huge it looked in a size 44 Jersey

Bert. Bert. I'm thinking about buying another Pinstripe M&N on the cheap and completely stripping/re-lettering name/numbers. Didn't know until recently these M&N jerseys don't use adhesive on the twill. Should be clean strip job.

I wonder if that Bulls alternate is re-done just like the pinstripe and they're using old stock photos

Where’s a real pic of the new pippen and not the nba store pic because I don’t think I’ve seen one smaller and even if it’s smaller it doesn’t look to be that much

Back
Top Bottom