Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I've repeated my stats before but in case anyone was wondering again, i'm 6'1 and 190 pounds, thats how the shorts fit me and thats my preferred fitting.

They need to restock and produce more blue jays jerseys. Havent seen the alomar, carter or molitor in a few yrs now

What shade of green do these appear to be in person?  Are they are a darker green or more of a kelly green?  I can't quite tell from the pics.

edit:  The sonics shorts, sorry.  

Last edited:
i think its kinda depends. i know his numbers were nice but Shareef Abdur-Rahim was never a winner and im not sure hes considered elite.

i would also argue that Phil Jackson, Grandma Ma, Jalen Rose and John Starks werent elite (Starks is that guy IMO tho) either.

Im just saying, they do drop elite jerseys but i think they also drop popular jerseys sometimes too.
Here we go.....
grandmama was an elite player at one time.
John starks was one to for a few short yrs.
so was jalen Rose
They all deserve jerseys.
Had to get that off my chest, maynge.

As far as the White chocolate jeresy dicussion I'll add this... they produced a j will jersey tee.
MNN teezs us:smh:

My G Eliaja wit da fanny pack :pimp:

Dat am97 cavs fit :pimp:

i think its kinda depends. i know his numbers were nice but Shareef Abdur-Rahim was never a winner and im not sure hes considered elite.

i would also argue that Phil Jackson, Grandma Ma, Jalen Rose and John Starks werent elite (Starks is that guy IMO tho) either.

Im just saying, they do drop elite jerseys but i think they also drop popular jerseys sometimes too.
Here we go.....
grandmama was an elite player at one time.
John starks was one to for a few short yrs.
so was jalen Rose
They all deserve jerseys.
Had to get that off my chest, maynge.

As far as the White chocolate jeresy dicussion I'll add this... they produced a j will jersey tee.
MNN teezs us:smh:

My G Eliaja wit da fanny pack :pimp:

Dat am97 cavs fit :pimp:

White chocolate was elite in my eyes too :lol:

J Will had respect on the courts and in the streets as a ball handler. The people at M&N now darn well his Kings and Grizzlies jerseys would move like hotcakes. They need to cut the crap and give the people what they want. 

Adidas released a Jason Williams? or are you referring to the fakes on eBay?

Mitchell and ness needs the rights from the player to produce a jersey since they aren't an official outfitter.

Technically MN is allowed to use any logo from all the NBA teams and produce what they want but they can't make jerseys for anyone or player without permission from said player and of course $$$

Yeah Adidas has been selling the black kings jason williams for a while now (and webber and divac)
https://www.lids.com/sacramento-kin...s-nba-retired-player-swingman-jersey/20648134
(what's up with this viglink bs)

So my thinking is if Adidas got the rights, M&N should be able to as well. Haven't heard of M&N failing to secure player rights if adidas is producing the swingman, aka I haven't heard of one or the other getting "exclusive" rights

Just because M&N is owned by adidas or well not anymore doesn't mean they share the same rights.

The league outfitters gets all the rights to teams and names hence why when the soul swingman came out under reebok they made every single throwback you can think Off and a lot of random old school players most wouldn't even want made or knew of if you weren't old enough

It's been talked about before that MN has to get rights from the player to get a jersey made. They couldn't make Jordan's for decades til they finally got a deal done

They get logo and team rights but not player rights which they have to do themselves otherwise we would have gotten a lot of jerseys already. We didn't even get an AI since the original releases because they didn't have rights. Same with Webber. Webber went through a phase where he wasn't doing anything. Hell he still won't even give 2k rights to be in the damn game

The league outfitters gets all the rights to teams and names hence why when the soul swingman came out under reebok they made every single throwback you can think Off and a lot of random old school players most wouldn't even want made or knew of if you weren't old enough

Pretty sure reebok still had to get approval from each player no longer in the league. Even if you are the official outfitter. Same with adidas now.

My point is that since a player no longer in the league has to give consent on using his likeness, it doesn't make sense that a player would say yes to adidas and no to M&N; he'd try to maximize his profit. The fact that adidas is making Kings Webbers and that ebayer who has the M&N GSW Webber validates my theory. Webber probably gave consent to both adidas and M&N recently. Same with Iverson...both adidas and M&N started making his jersey again.

Last edited:
That's good news about the Webber. I already have a road Champion but hopefully the home version M&N follows.

I also definitely think J Will meets M&N's criteria. They made a LOT of jerseys of players many wouldn't consider "elite". It's just about popularity, or in some cases, jersey style. During the "jersey era" a cool nickname may have even been enough.

1988 Ickey Woods
1980 Robert Brazile
2006 Steve Gleason
'77 & '81 Billy "White Shoes" Johnson
1994 Jeff George
1994 Karl Mecklenburg
1973 Terry Metcalf
1977 Tom Jackson
1994 Jim "I bet you won't call me Chris again" Everett
1984 Joe Klecko
1984 Freeman McNeil
Pepper Johnson
Bobby Hebert
1984 Carlos Bradley
1994 Ricky Ervins
86-87 Ron Harper
World B Free
Koko B Ware
88-89 Tom Chambers
92-93 Muggsy Bouges
94-95 Dan Majerle
Mike Lewis
Marvin Barnes
76-77 Darry Dawkins

Pretty sure reebok still had to get approval from each player no longer in the league. Even if you are the official outfitter. Same with adidas now.

My point is that since a player no longer in the league has to give consent on using his likeness, it doesn't make sense that a player would say yes to adidas and no to M&N; he'd try to maximize his profit. The fact that adidas is making Kings Webbers and that ebayer who has the M&N GSW Webber validates my theory. Webber probably gave consent to both adidas and M&N recently. Same with Iverson...both adidas and M&N started making his jersey again.

Yea but we knew the webber was coming out, I posted it in the winter :lol:

its been in the works for a minute now

I just remember thats how it works with M&N they can't make any player they want, they can make any jersey design they want but players they have to work deals.

im not sure with old players with the supplier of the league, its two different scenarios and companies.

That's good news about the Webber. I already have a road Champion but hopefully the home version M&N follows.

I also definitely think J Will meets M&N's criteria. They made a LOT of jerseys of players many wouldn't consider "elite". It's just about popularity, or in some cases, jersey style. During the "jersey era" a cool nickname may have even been enough.

1988 Ickey Woods
1980 Robert Brazile
2006 Steve Gleason
'77 & '81 Billy "White Shoes" Johnson
1994 Jeff George
1994 Karl Mecklenburg
1973 Terry Metcalf
1977 Tom Jackson
1994 Jim "I bet you won't call me Chris again" Everett
1984 Joe Klecko
1984 Freeman McNeil
Pepper Johnson
Bobby Hebert
1984 Carlos Bradley
1994 Ricky Ervins
86-87 Ron Harper
World B Free
Koko B Ware
88-89 Tom Chambers
92-93 Muggsy Bouges
94-95 Dan Majerle
Mike Lewis
Marvin Barnes
76-77 Darry Dawkins

most of those were back in the day like 20 years ago :lol:

when those were actual throwbacks

these days they're making players that still play for the most part and the only retired players are heavily known ones

Back
Top Bottom