Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Mitchell & Ness never made Len Bias jerseys. They even acknowledged that along with O.J. Simpson on their website during the 2000s.

Rampant bootlegs of Celtics jerseys of his that were rampant during the 2000s don't count either.

And it's too eerie to have a Celtics jersey of him since he never played a game for them. He just got a customized jersey handed to him on Draft Day before he tragically overdosed.

I believe the only legitimate authentic jerseys of Bias were NCAA Maryland Terps jerseys made by whatever company that had the license to produce NCAA stuff at that time.
Using a deceased man's name for shock value to look edgy just isn't right.

Kobe is a completely different situation obviously.

Last edited:
Using a deceased man's name for shock value to look edgy just isn't right.

Please don't start because we don't have issues on here from what I understand.

It wasn't shock value or I don't need an edge. I was being factual and informative based on histories. It may not be what people want to hear or like to hear, but it's the truth.

The person inquired, I clarified for him without disparaging a dead man's name.

Would any of y'all buy a Just Don and Mitchell & Ness collaboration of WWE merchandise if they ever acquired the licenses? Be honest.

I know some of y'all are fans of bygone era WWF circa '80s to late '90s.

Would any of y'all buy a Just Don and Mitchell & Ness collaboration of WWE merchandise if they ever acquired the licenses? Be honest.

I know some of y'all are fans of bygone era WWF circa '80s to late '90s.
WWE already biting the Don style lol
20200816_182341.jpg
20200816_182352.jpg

WWE already biting the Don style lol
20200816_182341.jpg
20200816_182352.jpg

Oh 💩! Thanks for sharing this because it's the funniest thing I've seen all day! It literally made me :emoji_laughing: my a%$ off!

Nothing is safe with rampant plagiarism nowadays.

On a serious note, they need to make a pair of Hulk Hogan shorts with some Confederate or KKK motif on them for accuracy reasons because he's been exposed as legitimately racist after being recorded using the N-word multiple times on a sex tape in addition to cheating on his then-wife.

Just a couple years ago I was getting killed for saying y'all should be wearing shoes that match the player or era cause half of y'all were wearing these shorts with ugly Yeezys or some running shoes. Now it's all I see.

Sorry to hear you got disparaged for your correct style approach.

Although our opinions about Master P on here were divergent months ago, I'm glad we think alike with style correlation at least.

You unknowingly conveyed how I also dress. I always try to wear a jersey that matches with the player or era at least on the basis or correlation.

Although I'm not into authentic shorts, but I agree Yeezy shoes which are ugly and overpriced or running shoes in general have no business with NBA shorts.

Kobe came in. Brought out an Adidas authenic from 09 to comapre.
20200812_151946.jpg
20200812_152000.jpg
20200812_152014.jpg

Very subtle differences. Slight color differences between the purple and gold.

On the sides the purple on the M&N has shine to it when the authentic doesn't. Same with the numbers. The Adidas authentic is heavier.

Nothing truly eye popping.

Thanks so much for sharing this comparison and contrast and pointing things out.

I have the authentic Adidas Kobe #24 jerseys in home yellow, road purple, and alternate white as well but never bothered to compare them with the yellow Mitchell & Ness one myself.

The numbers are different in case you didn't notice. Adidas version has layered stitching and slimmer numbers whereas Mitchell & Ness version has kiss-cut stitching and fatter numbers.

And I'm glad you didn't get unnecessary flak from a user who was a jerk to me for posting something similar to mines.

This. I responded last week to a post thinking they actually did, but I was thinking of Reggie Lewis, in which only the swingman was made.

Thanks for your honesty overall.

You're right about them only making Reggie Lewis in crappy swingman version. I doubt they would make Lewis in an authentic version because he was a cult figure amongst Celtics fans, and not a mainstream name like Larry Bird. Lewis seems like he'll only be relegated to crappy swingman grade unfortunately.

I recall some peeps on here mentioned Distant Replays that was based in Atlanta when their shop was in high demand during the 2000s.

I'm glad they eventually folded because they got big headed for their own good and had a condescending approach with regular folks like us who weren't rappers or athletes willing to spend big with them. They got too spoiled with famous peeps visiting their store and spending big and felt they didn't have the need for regular folks' money.

I emailed them that I was interested in like at least 10 New Era fitted throwback hats in 2005 I believe and asked if they could work a reasonable discount for buying bulk like that, they had the audacity and idiocy to suggest that I can buy a bogus membership to get a discount. Who the F should ever pay for a discount? Most sellers offer discounts for buying bulk especially if it's a higher number.

They really fell off in the late 2000s because they no longer sold $300 Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys on their website, but cheap t-shirts with licenses of old logos to pathetically survive. Then they rightfully got humbled and went out of business thankfully.

They really fell off in the late 2000s because they no longer sold $300 Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys on their website, but cheap t-shirts with licenses of old logos to pathetically survive. Then they rightfully got humbled and went out of business thankfully.

The only reason they fell off and eventually folded was because the masses were no longer checking for jerseys after Jay Z literally killed the trend. The small community of jerseys enthusiasts weren’t enough and a lot of spots either went belly up or transitioned. I made a lot of purchases through Distant Replays & Dugout Memories during those years. Luckily I never had an issue with them.

The Dugout Memories was probably the most basic webpage I’ve ever seen in my life.

Has M&N ever done red Blazers shorts from the Bill Walton years? I need those in my life.

I recall some peeps on here mentioned Distant Replays that was based in Atlanta when their shop was in high demand during the 2000s.

I'm glad they eventually folded because they got big headed for their own good and had a condescending approach with regular folks like us who weren't rappers or athletes willing to spend big with them. They got too spoiled with famous peeps visiting their store and spending big and felt they didn't have the need for regular folks' money.

I emailed them that I was interested in like at least 10 New Era fitted throwback hats in 2005 I believe and asked if they could work a reasonable discount for buying bulk like that, they had the audacity and idiocy to suggest that I can buy a bogus membership to get a discount. Who the F should ever pay for a discount? Most sellers offer discounts for buying bulk especially if it's a higher number.

10 units isnt really considered "bulk" tho

Back
Top Bottom