Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

just don shorts looks fire but can't justify the 5x tax
i learned my lesson from buying his hats the first go round

just dons or anything super hype don't age well

the whole idea of consummerism is predicated on the belief that items will boost their status/make their life better
also, no one cares about your "respect"

You have some good and asinine points.

Yes, extremely hyped brands or products don't age well because they burn out fast being fads.

If you want to make a point or disparage others, please spell it right at least. It's consumerism. And that's an asinine ideology you have about consumerism with that broad generalization because not all consumers get things to boost their status/make their life better.

A lot of us on here get throwback jerseys because we're fans of players from a bygone era. I have a bunch of Michael Jordan jerseys because I had an affinity for him as a NBA star and they go with Jordans I have, not because they were $300 apiece. People do get products because they like their style and aesthetics to wear.

I never cared about anyone's respect, I was only stating my opinion. Anyone can like what they want to like, and dislike what they choose to dislike.

I won't disparage anyone for getting them because that's their choice if they legitimately like it. But I'll never respect anyone who gets them just because they believe it will boost their status or give them style predicated on their $400 price tag.

The price tag is the only reason people buy them, tho.

Then I spent 400 bucks on this (literally)
Just to be like ***** you ain't up on this!

The price tag is the only reason people buy them, tho.

Then I spent 400 bucks on this (literally)
Just to be like ***** you ain't up on this!

Sad, but true.

And there are a lot of peeps who don't find $400 shorts with an enlarged team name script on the front appealing, so we're not even dwelling on being on their level.

I previously verified I was neutral on shorts, but I think the $125 authentic shorts that replicate an archaic style are better than $400 Just Don shorts with an excessively enlarged script on the front. They're like 1/4 of the price too.

Today

A8C82AB8-3F59-43DA-801D-4A908FC50278.jpeg
DADDDE34-548B-452A-9FC0-FF14F710AFB1.jpeg

🤣 @ the Don price being the only reason people buy them.

Never change, NT. Never change.

It's true, tho.

You have people ITT who look down on people who buy swingmans... :lol:

If Don shorts were $50 when they first dropped, this entire thread would be calling them a joke and would rank them below swingmans.

"They're $50! What, you can't afford proper authentics?!"

It's true, tho.

You have people ITT who look down on people who buy swingmans... :lol:

If Don shorts were $50 when they first dropped, this entire thread would be calling them a joke and would rank them below swingmans.

"They're $50! What, you can't afford proper authentics?!"

I have no idea how others would react if they were $50, but if I could get some authentics w/ pockets and all the Don C bells & whistles for $50 I’d be all the way in. :lol:

Couldn't care less about the price tbh. Hell, if the price was why folks copped why are there FSRs sitting damn near everywhere?? Oneness ain’t getting a penny from me until they put those jawns back on discount.:lol:

And yeah, the Swingman hate is stupid but comical. Especially when they were compared to the KKK.

Hell, if the price was why folks copped why are there FSRs sitting damn near everywhere??

Because it's $400 for a pair of shorts, :lol:

Also, I'm curious when the turn was on the Don shorts, because I recall someone saying that Alp was like the only one into them @ a certain point.

I'm not really in this thread much, tho, could've been BS.

If you think people trash swingmans cuz of the price, then you're insane :lol:

I don't care about trashing swingmans, but when you're calling people who buy swingmans "broke boys", you just look like a clown.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have some good and asinine points.

Yes, extremely hyped brands or products don't age well because they burn out fast being fads.

If you want to make a point or disparage others, please spell it right at least. It's consumerism. And that's an asinine ideology you have about consumerism with that broad generalization because not all consumers get things to boost their status/make their life better.

I never cared about anyone's respect, I was only stating my opinion. Anyone can like what they want to like, and dislike what they choose to dislike.
everything is not for you. BTS kpop doesn't move me but do i get mad at ppl who love it?
let the market dicktate. i salute don c for finding a way to sell 125 shorts for 400
and for ppl buying it, saulte for being able to afford 400 on shorts

thanks for explaining to me how fads works
you're acting like something that rhymes w fad

everything is not for you. BTS kpop doesn't move me but do i get mad at ppl who love it?
let the market dicktate. i salute don c for finding a way to sell 125 shorts for 400
and for ppl buying it, saulte for being able to afford 400 on shorts

thanks for explaining to me how fads works
you're acting like something that rhymes w fad

Right, it's legitimately impossible for anyone to like everything. I didn't get mad at people who like Just Don shorts, I only elaborated it wasn't my preference and the reasons I didn't like them.

That's cool if you support Don C because it's your choice. But I ain't giving him credit for biting off the design of Muay Thai shorts as his blueprint for his overpriced $400 shorts. He's basically emulating how WCW bit off The Ultimate Warrior and put out a bootleg version, The Renegade, in the '90s.

I ain't saluting anyone paying $400 for shorts because it doesn't validate that they have style or wealth. That's on them if they want to spend it. It's about individualism.

I was simply going with the "agree to disagree" concept with what I posted. I don't like them myself, but I won't discourage anyone from liking them.

Like you mentioned, extremely hyped brands don't age well because they're fads that clearly lack longevity. I just stick to things that are sustainable over time like particular classic Jordan models.

I know a few of us wait for a good sale on Dons and the authentics I did cop were on sale before fanatics stop the discount

Right, it's legitimately impossible for anyone to like everything. I didn't get mad at people who like Just Don shorts, I only elaborated it wasn't my preference and the reasons I didn't like them.

That's cool if you support Don C because it's your choice. But I ain't giving him credit for biting off the design of Muay Thai shorts as his blueprint for his overpriced $400 shorts. He's basically emulating how WCW bit off The Ultimate Warrior and put out a bootleg version, The Renegade, in the '90s.

I ain't saluting anyone paying $400 for shorts because it doesn't validate that they have style or wealth. That's on them if they want to spend it. It's about individualism.

I was simply going with the "agree to disagree" concept with what I posted. I don't like them myself, but I won't discourage anyone from liking them.

Like you mentioned, extremely hyped brands don't age well because they're fads that clearly lack longevity. I just stick to things that are sustainable over time like particular classic Jordan models.
You do realize that wrestling history is filled with wwf gimmicks that were ripped directly from WCW/NWA/awa etc right?

No idea is original. Everything comes full circle. Just like the kids today bringing back styles from the 80s and 90s... Don isn't doing anything that any other designer hasn't done before. When those high end designer brands rip-off everyday streetwear silhouettes and designs I never hear anyone complain.

In a couple months this thread will rise from the ashes once new authentics pop up and restocks on shorts finally happen.

Let's hope so. I hope they produce stuff that hasn't been released before. I also hope they rehash some that have been discontinued since the 2000s or last decade.

If you think people trash swingmans cuz of the price, then you're insane :lol:

I would like to assume it's their piss poor quality is the logical reason people rightfully trash those pieces of 💩.

You do realize that wrestling history is filled with wwf gimmicks that were ripped directly from WCW/NWA/awa etc right?

Perhaps WWF got ideas or gimmicks off other promotions, but I'm going to say they originated or enhanced a high percentile of their successful or transcendent ideas and gimmicks during the two times they were at the apex of pro wrestling, specifically the '80s and late '90s.

Like how WWF signed Hulk Hogan away from AWA and had a significant cultural impact in the '80s. They maximized ideas with him as their cornerstone star. I didn't see them ripping off stuff with Hogan.

And how WCW, specifically that stupid loser Eric Bischoff, stupidly fired Steve Austin because they were dumb for assuming a bald guy with black boots wasn't marketable. So WWF signed him in late 1995, and the rest is history because they wisely made Stone Cold Steve Austin their apex star. I always saw him as original.

WCW was asinine and terrible in the '90s with The Renegade as their ultimate ripoff as I've reiterated. And they blatantly copied Subzero from Mortal Kombat when they came up with a bootleg version with Glacier.

No idea is original. Everything comes full circle. Just like the kids today bringing back styles from the 80s and 90s... Don isn't doing anything that any other designer hasn't done before. When those high end designer brands rip-off everyday streetwear silhouettes and designs I never hear anyone complain.

I'm going to say it goes both ways with ideas regarding original and unoriginal depending on the brand and product.

I agree things are cyclical like that. That's nice to know that kids are rehashing styles from a bygone era lately. I'll be happy if they are resurrecting '90s styles when a little oversized became trendy and comfortable. Let's just pray that they don't rehash the 2000s styles when clothes got stupidly way too big and too long in the future! I don't want to see skinny kids wearing 3XL/4XL jerseys or t-skirts (tall tees) going down to their knees again. 😆

That's why it doesn't make sense to support those high end designer brands if they're ripping off/copying everyday wear and overcharging for them. Why overpay for them when you can get the originals at a lower price?

Back
Top Bottom