Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Quick question, on jocktag legit checks, I've always hard a hard time figuring out if something is legit back when M&N jocktags were multiple separate pieces sewn in next to each other

1637173548657.png

Is this legit? if there is a forum or link somewhere with more breakdowns/details i'd appreciate it.

1). Pocket/running belt talk
2). Grizzlies unforgiving waist band
3). Bashing of swingmans vs. KKK
4). Alp discussion
5).Fanatics monopoly
6). LC
7). MN dumb collaborations
9). MN re-re-re-releases
10). Just Don
11). MN inaccuracies
12).
13).
14).
15).

Fill in the blanks. Don't know about you guys but I rather have a discussion on full kit wankers :rofl:

12. States height and weight and asks what shorts size to go with.

Quick question, on jocktag legit checks, I've always hard a hard time figuring out if something is legit back when M&N jocktags were multiple separate pieces sewn in next to each other

1637173548657.png

Is this legit? if there is a forum or link somewhere with more breakdowns/details i'd appreciate it.

It's kind of hard to do a total breakdown because the tagging was never 100% consistent back then. In general, you can look for stuff like oddly shaped NBA Logoman, spelling errors, if the shape of the Hardwood Classics image is just oddly shaped. I'd say it's best to look at the jersey as a whole, tagging plus lettering and materials etc.

If there is a specific jersey, post it up. Or, feel free to PM me and I can help take a look. However, based on that photo, I already see some bad indicators.

^ Yeah, it's really difficult to tell, especially since there were variations of jocktags wit the three separate ones, then there were two. I really wish there was a reliable archive of authentic versions in the past where you can compare. The worst ones to find are players like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, since they were always produced with every run an iteration and it's a PITA to legit check an older one when you're not sure due to them being one of the constant jerseys produced. I do have a personal archive of pics I've collected to legit check stuff if I come across it. jaechiney23 jaechiney23 , which jersey is that?

1). Pocket/running belt talk
2). Grizzlies unforgiving waist band
3). Bashing of swingmans vs. KKK
4). Alp discussion
5).Fanatics monopoly
6). LC
7). MN dumb collaborations
9). MN re-re-re-releases
10). Just Don
11). MN inaccuracies
12).
13).
14).
15).

Fill in the blanks. Don't know about you guys but I rather have a discussion on full kit wankers :rofl:

battingpracticejersey talk was popular for a while

[/QUOTE]
^ Yeah, it's really difficult to tell, especially since there were variations of jocktags wit the three separate ones, then there were two. I really wish there was a reliable archive of authentic versions in the past where you can compare. The worst ones to find are players like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, since they were always produced with every run an iteration and it's a PITA to legit check an older one when you're not sure due to them being one of the constant jerseys produced. I do have a personal archive of pics I've collected to legit check stuff if I come across it. jaechiney23 jaechiney23 , which jersey is that?

It was Dr J. New York Nets Jersey

Edit, I keep accidentally quoting random ish, my bad for any confusions.

Mitchell and Ness is trash. They FINALLY restock NFL Authentics and today they mark basically all of them as exclusive so that no discount codes work on them :angry:

1637173548657.png

This one is legit.

Unfortunately, they were very inconsistent during this period where they used the 4 tags (you can see a piece of the 4th tag still there under the bottom one)

Some fake ones were more obvious than others. This is where years of collecting come into play. Here’s some of the ones I owned.

EF3476B3-131D-4045-9D7C-0978F3ED1EFF.jpeg
C9EE3D26-5D29-49A4-BAEF-B9B6E3CF64CF.jpeg
0C4E90CE-4549-44D6-A1E7-A7CFD24D45D0.jpeg
65872B76-2219-40B3-858A-4E2E6FD9A8B9.jpeg
436D4951-A745-43AE-9F5B-F163FF62FBB5.jpeg

I was about to splurge on the mahomes and Jackson elite jerseys. I guess I also came to my senses they are still young and possible their careers could flame out in 2 years.

Mahomes could retire from the NFL tomorrow and he'd have a better career than 99% of QBs that came before him.

1637173548657.png

there used to be a guide to the older Mitchell and Ness tags on eBay, but it’s probably long gone now. These tags look legit. The ones with a tiny bit of space in between are as well. The ones where the tags have a considerable amount of space between are fake.

By the looks of these tags, these are for a jersey made between 2002-2003. By 2004, i believe NBA jerseys moved production out of the United States and into Mexico

Just a heads up, the Nets jersey was confirmed fake. I was able to take a better look at it. There are examples of likely real jock tags on fake jerseys. Sometimes, it may be mix of real + fake tagging.

Mitchell and Ness is trash. They FINALLY restock NFL Authentics and today they mark basically all of them as exclusive so that no discount codes work on them :angry:
Yup. They better remove that exclusive tag before Black Friday/Cyber Monday otherwise they’ll miss out on selling a lot of those jerseys

Returning anything to M&N is the worst. I had a pair of Bulls shorts arrive with a broken drawstring, sent them back and ordered a new pair.

My return back to M&N warehouse arrived on Monday, and apparently I have to wait 10-14 business days for a refund due to a “mandatory COVID hold”? WTF is a COVID hold?

So basically I’m not getting my money back until Dec. 6.

BCC8A022-848F-4052-B572-DF1747A2AAEA.jpeg

Returning anything to M&N is the worst. I had a pair of Bulls shorts arrive with a broken drawstring, sent them back and ordered a new pair.

Did they provide a return label or did you have to pay for shipping to return it to them?

Also, if you want/need that $ sooner, just contact your bank/credit card company and file a chargeback.

2 week COVID hold is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of, :lol:

Did they provide a return label or did you have to pay for shipping to return it to them?

Also, if you want/need that $ sooner, just contact your bank/credit card company and file a chargeback.

2 week COVID hold is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of, :lol:
They provided the label since the shorts arrived defective.

My return back to M&N warehouse arrived on Monday, and apparently I have to wait 10-14 business days for a refund due to a “mandatory COVID hold”? WTF is a COVID hold?

So basically I’m not getting my money back until Dec. 6.

BCC8A022-848F-4052-B572-DF1747A2AAEA.jpeg

Sounds like M&N want your shorts to quarantine for 10-14 days lol

Back
Top Bottom