Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

So i just wrote to M and N customer service asking them to reimburse me for the tax/duty i had to pay twice....... if they won't help, can i try writing to Fanatics?

I believe a forum member here said Fanatics could see his M&N order, and helped him? šŸ¤”
Just go ahead and do it, this def belongs in customer service category and im positive you'd get your money back.

This is unacceptable business practice and a clear error on M&N's part (pack/ship dept/jerry)

So i just wrote to M and N customer service asking them to reimburse me for the tax/duty i had to pay twice....... if they won't help, can i try writing to Fanatics?

I believe a forum member here said Fanatics could see his M&N order, and helped him? šŸ¤”

That was me. You can call fanatics customer service and give them your order number and they can look it up. But beyond that they do seem pretty limited on what they can do. Maybe your situation might be different with the tax/duty stuff. But wouldnā€™t hurt to try.

M&N abruptly refunded me for the 49ers m&n jerseys I ordered. According to this ā€œgeniusā€ Jerry. They donā€™t accept fanatics gift cards even though the online website accepted the fanatics gift cards I have. They donā€™t accept one time use fanatics codes (which work on other fanatics sites), yet the code I used worked on the website. Thereā€™s no real logic behind their reasoning.

Itā€™s just infuriating because I spent $460 on a $500 fanatics gift card from that raise website which sells discounted gift cards. So now Iā€™m sitting on that and the stuff I want isnā€™t on fanatics. Hopefully they end up getting those items at some point.

But m&nā€™s customer service is absolutely unacceptable. To be selling all types of items which mostly retail for $300 or more and not have any type of transparency or reliable contact info. Itā€™s a joke. To not have any type of phone contact info. Itā€™s deliberate and avoiding addressing valid customer service issues. I was hoping and I guess Iā€™m hopeful that the fanatics takeover ultimately would fix this and would make the customer service side of things more manageable. But that hasnā€™t been the case.

Did M&N lose their rights to produce Jordan jerseys? The M&N site doesnā€™t have many of his Bulls jerseys listed (relative to what they used to regularly produce), and what they do have listed is mostly only available in Small and/or 2XL+ sizes. Only Bulls Jordan available in sizes is the road ā€˜96 Finals.

That was me. You can call fanatics customer service and give them your order number and they can look it up. But beyond that they do seem pretty limited on what they can do. Maybe your situation might be different with the tax/duty stuff. But wouldnā€™t hurt to try.

M&N abruptly refunded me for the 49ers m&n jerseys I ordered. According to this ā€œgeniusā€ Jerry. They donā€™t accept fanatics gift cards even though the online website accepted the fanatics gift cards I have. They donā€™t accept one time use fanatics codes (which work on other fanatics sites), yet the code I used worked on the website. Thereā€™s no real logic behind their reasoning.

Itā€™s just infuriating because I spent $460 on a $500 fanatics gift card from that raise website which sells discounted gift cards. So now Iā€™m sitting on that and the stuff I want isnā€™t on fanatics. Hopefully they end up getting those items at some point.

But m&nā€™s customer service is absolutely unacceptable. To be selling all types of items which mostly retail for $300 or more and not have any type of transparency or reliable contact info. Itā€™s a joke. To not have any type of phone contact info. Itā€™s deliberate and avoiding addressing valid customer service issues. I was hoping and I guess Iā€™m hopeful that the fanatics takeover ultimately would fix this and would make the customer service side of things more manageable. But that hasnā€™t been the case.
thanks for the reply

Last edited:
Based on what I gathered from looking at the Mitchell & Ness site's current format and posts about it is that it was only cosmetic. Fanatics only revised it to reflect that it's owned by them.

It's backwards that Fanatics only revamped things partially instead of completely. There's normally a total revamp after a takeover with either laying off employees of the previous ownership and incorporating their own ways of operations. Or if they opt to keep the staff after a takeover, they have them conform to their methods. Neither of which has happened if inventory from that site is still using the same warehouse and that staff is still maintaining their poor customer service practices.

Why couldn't Fanatics just make those somewhat routine changes after their takeover? It doesn't make sense that promo codes and gift cards from Fanatics aren't honored on the current site after the corporate takeover and subsequent website revision.

It also doesn't make sense you can call Fanatics to get information or inquire. But you still have to email the remaining staff if there's a discrepancy.

Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised because it was basically a bad sign when Fanatics took a long time to revise the site after their takeover.

This is just incredible..... "jerry" do not even read what i wrote!!
I said that i have paid tax twice!!
Look at the response!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iā€™d be happy to review this for you.

Upon review, very sorry if you were surprised by and unexpected and additional fees.
We do have the below listed on the website in the checkout section below our shipping options.

All international orders may be subject to additional customs charges due upon delivery, which Mitchell & Ness is not responsible for.

Orders returned to Mitchell & Ness will not be accepted or refunded if duties, delivery charges, or payment of any kind is required upon delivery.

Again, sorry if the notification was missed.

If you feel the additional costs are more than you would like to pay you can always do return to sender and we can get you a full refund once the shipment has been confirmed as delivered back to our warehouse facility.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions and have a good week.

Thanks,

M&N Customer Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response:

Please carefully read what i wrote again.....
Your new website with the Fanatics layout made it so that i paid $90,65 in int. taxes in advance, just like it is done on the Fanatics website!
You can see it on the order confirmation!
And then i was billed the same charges upon delivery !

Attached to this email are the order and the additional charge so you can see them!

Please refund me the 90,65 in tax! and preferable also the shipping charge for all the trouble i have here and for calling UPS.
This is just terrible, i hope you make it right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asking for shipping back also, because i spent like 25+ dollars sitting on hold for UPS trying to get the explanation!

This is just insane! :emoji_rage:
It's basically fraud, because they took 90 dollars from me and did not pay any tax with them.

Last edited:
They act like theyā€™re some small understaffed tiny company thatā€™s barely getting started on the customer service side of things and theyā€™re just overwhelmed and unable to handle customer service inquiries.

Only thing is theyā€™ve been around for years, their website has been for years and itā€™s managed to get worse and worse over the years. Them deliberately not having a phone number where you can reach an actual person for customer service issues is just negligent. It shouldnā€™t only be that Jerry dude taking emails.

Best thing I would say is if you want a jersey and you can get it from any site other than the Mitchell and Ness website. I would go that route. Iā€™ll even pay a few bucks more to order it elsewhere if it means ordering from a site with better service.

For me last year, the m&n website made doing a simple size swap exchange so much more difficult than it needed to be to where it was more convenient for me to sell the item that didnā€™t fit elsewhere and just cop my correct size afterward.

They act like theyā€™re some small understaffed tiny company thatā€™s barely getting started on the customer service side of things and theyā€™re just overwhelmed and unable to handle customer service inquiries.

Only thing is theyā€™ve been around for years, their website has been for years and itā€™s managed to get worse and worse over the years. Them deliberately not having a phone number where you can reach an actual person for customer service issues is just negligent. It shouldnā€™t only be that Jerry dude taking emails.

Best thing I would say is if you want a jersey and you can get it from any site other than the Mitchell and Ness website. I would go that route. Iā€™ll even pay a few bucks more to order it elsewhere if it means ordering from a site with better service.

For me last year, the m&n website made doing a simple size swap exchange so much more difficult than it needed to be to where it was more convenient for me to sell the item that didnā€™t fit elsewhere and just cop my correct size afterward.
fe95c9777e1249de92887ae86d00d446.gif

-

Last edited:
Why couldn't Fanatics just make those somewhat routine changes after their takeover? It doesn't make sense that promo codes and gift cards from Fanatics aren't honored on the current site after the corporate takeover and subsequent website revision.
It's probably the same reason you can't make the routine changes when people beg you to stop spamming threads with your unwanted sneaker posts, and fake sneaker mock up pictures. šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

I have the wide shoulder version as well but couldn't pass this one up for $128.
20240913_131311-COLLAGE.jpg
always thought the design of the wide shoulder jerseys wierd since you have to have a very specific physical frame to make it work (lean and skinny) so i like the thin shoulder designs more...

but most of the iverson peak performance has been in the wide shoulder version so.... meh.....

Back
Top Bottom