Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

LA should just give us Kemp because they robbed us of Ethier.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't like this deal for DeJesus. He's a decent player but we need some damn power. This is seriously all we could have gotten for Mazzaro? I hope Beane has another move in line because this one doesn't really improve the team.

I don't like this deal for DeJesus. He's a decent player but we need some damn power. This is seriously all we could have gotten for Mazzaro? I hope Beane has another move in line because this one doesn't really improve the team.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

IF Ag isnt going to Boston, I wonder where.
Probably Oakland for 3 months and then whoever is in first place in the National League West.
Dejesus is a good start fro the A's, but they need to also grab a run producer. Kemp would be a really good fit and with the Dodgers lack of money and need for pitching coupled with how much of a primadonna Kemp was last year, a deal to Oakland would make sense.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We know how to embarrass ourselves
30t6p3b.gif

If the Reds want to keep Arroyo long-term and move Chapman to the rotation next year, one of those pitchers might be available. I'd have to guess it'd be Volquez, who'd be a good fit for the Mets. Maybe K-Rod for Volquez straight up could be a workable trade if the Mets pick up the majority of his contract and he doesn't face any jail time.

laugh.gif
@!## no.
[/td][/tr][/table]What you don't want a closer that's lost 2 mph on his fastball every year with a 17 million dollar vesting option if he finishes 55 games? On the real, though, he'd be better than Cordero. 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

IF Ag isnt going to Boston, I wonder where.
Probably Oakland for 3 months and then whoever is in first place in the National League West.
Dejesus is a good start fro the A's, but they need to also grab a run producer. Kemp would be a really good fit and with the Dodgers lack of money and need for pitching coupled with how much of a primadonna Kemp was last year, a deal to Oakland would make sense.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]

30t6p3b.gif

If the Reds want to keep Arroyo long-term and move Chapman to the rotation next year, one of those pitchers might be available. I'd have to guess it'd be Volquez, who'd be a good fit for the Mets. Maybe K-Rod for Volquez straight up could be a workable trade if the Mets pick up the majority of his contract and he doesn't face any jail time.

laugh.gif
@!## no.
[/td][/tr][/table]What you don't want a closer that's lost 2 mph on his fastball every year with a 17 million dollar vesting option if he finishes 55 games? On the real, though, he'd be better than Cordero. 

Dave Niehaus, Voice of the Mariners from Day 1 in 1977, passed away at 75 today. Greatest play-by-play guy ever, as far as I'm concerned.

Dave Niehaus, Voice of the Mariners from Day 1 in 1977, passed away at 75 today. Greatest play-by-play guy ever, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Are you serious?
frown.gif

Best ever...Damn...I'm shocked.

Are you serious?
frown.gif

What you don't want a closer that's lost 2 mph on his fastball every year with a 17 million dollar vesting option if he finishes 55 games? On the real, though, he'd be better than Cordero.

He would be better than Cordero but giving up a young arm that bounced back nicely from Tommy John that is still on a cheap contract, for an overrated, overpriced closer... I'll pass. If we deal one of those young arms it'll likely be for a bat.

What you don't want a closer that's lost 2 mph on his fastball every year with a 17 million dollar vesting option if he finishes 55 games? On the real, though, he'd be better than Cordero.

He would be better than Cordero but giving up a young arm that bounced back nicely from Tommy John that is still on a cheap contract, for an overrated, overpriced closer... I'll pass. If we deal one of those young arms it'll likely be for a bat.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Phillips, Rolen, Gonzalez and Victorino should not be getting Gold Gloves.
you can make a case for someone over Rolen, and i could respect it... but over Brandon?  seriously?  who?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Phillips, Rolen, Gonzalez and Victorino should not be getting Gold Gloves.
you can make a case for someone over Rolen, and i could respect it... but over Brandon?  seriously?  who?

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@!## no.
laugh.gif
 for real.

we got a gang of pitchers, and a few in the system just waiting to be traded... can't see Volquez being one of them, considering we traded the AL MVP for him.  package a few of those arms and Yonder for Zack Grienke.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@!## no.
laugh.gif
 for real.

we got a gang of pitchers, and a few in the system just waiting to be traded... can't see Volquez being one of them, considering we traded the AL MVP for him.  package a few of those arms and Yonder for Zack Grienke.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Are you serious?
frown.gif

I'm shocked aswell. RIPThis reminds me of when Bill King Passed away in 05. A's broadcast has never been same since

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Are you serious?
frown.gif

I'm shocked aswell. RIPThis reminds me of when Bill King Passed away in 05. A's broadcast has never been same since

Billy making every move he can. 
laugh.gif

[h1]
[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 10, 2010 at 9:22pm CST]

9:22pm: De La Cruz will get an $800K bonus, according to Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus (on Twitter).

8:51pm: The A's agreed to sign De La Cruz, according to Ben Badler of Baseball America. Badler writes that the 16-year-old center fielder has impressed scouts with "some of the best all-around tools of any prospect from this year's international signing class."

8:18pm: The A's are likely to sign top Dominican amateur Vicmal De La Cruz, according to Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com (on Twitter). When Blake Bentley ranked this year's crop of July 2 prospects for MLBTR, De La Cruz topped the list because of his tools and star potential.

The contract details are not known, but it would not be surprising if the A's offered De La Cruz a seven-figure bonus. As MLBTR's Mike Axisa noted when reviewing Oakland's biggest bonuses, the A's "spend like financial powerhouses when it comes to young talent" despite being a small market team.
[/url][/h1]

Billy making every move he can. 
laugh.gif

[h1]
[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 10, 2010 at 9:22pm CST]

9:22pm: De La Cruz will get an $800K bonus, according to Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus (on Twitter).

8:51pm: The A's agreed to sign De La Cruz, according to Ben Badler of Baseball America. Badler writes that the 16-year-old center fielder has impressed scouts with "some of the best all-around tools of any prospect from this year's international signing class."

8:18pm: The A's are likely to sign top Dominican amateur Vicmal De La Cruz, according to Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com (on Twitter). When Blake Bentley ranked this year's crop of July 2 prospects for MLBTR, De La Cruz topped the list because of his tools and star potential.

The contract details are not known, but it would not be surprising if the A's offered De La Cruz a seven-figure bonus. As MLBTR's Mike Axisa noted when reviewing Oakland's biggest bonuses, the A's "spend like financial powerhouses when it comes to young talent" despite being a small market team.
[/url][/h1]

This Delacruz kid getting signed is better than the Japanese guy (still havent learned his name) and DeJesus combined. Hopefully he turns into our next Tejada.
pimp.gif

This Delacruz kid getting signed is better than the Japanese guy (still havent learned his name) and DeJesus combined. Hopefully he turns into our next Tejada.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom