Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

That is a big "if" though.

Huff has had a couple of big seasons mixed in with a lot of mediocre seasons.
It's actually works because the Giants know what he brings to the table and are confident he will continue to produce on the field and is flexible at 1B, LF, RF.  Definitely a better contract as compared to Edgar's $18mil. contract when he came off a terrible year in Detroit.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

That is a big "if" though.

Huff has had a couple of big seasons mixed in with a lot of mediocre seasons.
It's actually works because the Giants know what he brings to the table and are confident he will continue to produce on the field and is flexible at 1B, LF, RF.  Definitely a better contract as compared to Edgar's $18mil. contract when he came off a terrible year in Detroit.

Let Jeter walk. He won't get past the security of his high-class pent house before taking whatever the Yankees offer.

Let Jeter walk. He won't get past the security of his high-class pent house before taking whatever the Yankees offer.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Proshares

I would pay $9 million per for 2 years to Mo any day of the damn week. Rather than risk him going to Boston when they give Papsmear the boot. He's one of the top CP's in the game up there with Soria, Wilson and Bailey.

But he's asking 18 million per year, though...

Yankees probably did counter with 2 years, 9 million per
laugh.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhh
laugh.gif

UPDATE: The Rays, tweets Marc Topkin, offered arbitration to Soriano, Balfour, Crawford, Randy Choate, Brad Hawpe and Chad Qualls, declining to offer to Dan Wheeler and Carlos Pena.

If each of the offered players sign with other clubs, the Rays will receive draft picks as compensation, loading them up for the 2011 draft, considered a fairly deep class.

UPDATE: Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets Tuesday night that Pettitte is leaning toward a return in 2011, and presumably he'd only pitch for the Yankees.

If that is the case, the Yankees rotation brings back a steady performer and lessens the blow should Cliff Lee decide to stay in Texas.

UPDATE: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Tuesday night that the Brewers have offered Hoffman arbitration, a surprising move by all accounts. But there may be a catch.

Hoffman may have agreed to decline so the Brewers can pick up the draft pick when he signs with another club, otherwise the Brewers could be on the hook for at least $6 million.

Debunking reports that surfaced earlier this month suggesting that Javier Vazquez will seek a deal similar to that of Ted Lilly's 3-year, $33 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports that Vazquez wants a one-year contract, and that he may be headed for Florida.

A source tells Stark that the Marlins pursuit of Vazquez is hot and a deal could be completed soon, though not likely until after Thanksgiving. Stark also adds that other clubs with interest in Vazquez are now pessimistic about their chances to acquire the 34-year-old.

Vazquez met with Marlins manager and fellow native Puerto Rican Edwin Rodriguez last week.

Why would the right-hander want just the one year? Most likely so he can reestablish his value and hit the market again next winter when he could be among the top few arms available, despite the fact that next winter's market may be improved. He may also be contemplating retirement or assessing where he might want to finish his career.

Stark mentions that Vazquez has already turned down at least one multi-year offer believed to be worth $20 million over two years, and that the Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals, Chicago Cubs and Colorado Rockies have already expressed interest.

Vazquez was offered arbitration by the Yankees, which means the club will receive a sandwich-round pick once he signs with a club this winter. The Yankees are not interested in retaining his services, according to multiple reports.

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Jayson Stark is hearing the Oakland Athletics in connection with Reynolds, despite the A's being on the third baseman's no-trade list.

Oakland has Kevin Kouzmanoff and Edwin Encarnacion on their roster, and reportedly made a 5-year, $64 million offer to free agent Adrian Beltre.

The A's, however, could non-tender Kouzmanoff and Encarnacion may be seen more as an outfielder.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I would pay $9 million per for 2 years to Mo any day of the damn week. Rather than risk him going to Boston when they give Papsmear the boot. He's one of the top CP's in the game up there with Soria, Wilson and Bailey.

But he's asking 18 million per year, though...

Yankees probably did counter with 2 years, 9 million per
laugh.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhh
laugh.gif

UPDATE: The Rays, tweets Marc Topkin, offered arbitration to Soriano, Balfour, Crawford, Randy Choate, Brad Hawpe and Chad Qualls, declining to offer to Dan Wheeler and Carlos Pena.

If each of the offered players sign with other clubs, the Rays will receive draft picks as compensation, loading them up for the 2011 draft, considered a fairly deep class.

UPDATE: Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets Tuesday night that Pettitte is leaning toward a return in 2011, and presumably he'd only pitch for the Yankees.

If that is the case, the Yankees rotation brings back a steady performer and lessens the blow should Cliff Lee decide to stay in Texas.

UPDATE: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Tuesday night that the Brewers have offered Hoffman arbitration, a surprising move by all accounts. But there may be a catch.

Hoffman may have agreed to decline so the Brewers can pick up the draft pick when he signs with another club, otherwise the Brewers could be on the hook for at least $6 million.

Debunking reports that surfaced earlier this month suggesting that Javier Vazquez will seek a deal similar to that of Ted Lilly's 3-year, $33 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports that Vazquez wants a one-year contract, and that he may be headed for Florida.

A source tells Stark that the Marlins pursuit of Vazquez is hot and a deal could be completed soon, though not likely until after Thanksgiving. Stark also adds that other clubs with interest in Vazquez are now pessimistic about their chances to acquire the 34-year-old.

Vazquez met with Marlins manager and fellow native Puerto Rican Edwin Rodriguez last week.

Why would the right-hander want just the one year? Most likely so he can reestablish his value and hit the market again next winter when he could be among the top few arms available, despite the fact that next winter's market may be improved. He may also be contemplating retirement or assessing where he might want to finish his career.

Stark mentions that Vazquez has already turned down at least one multi-year offer believed to be worth $20 million over two years, and that the Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals, Chicago Cubs and Colorado Rockies have already expressed interest.

Vazquez was offered arbitration by the Yankees, which means the club will receive a sandwich-round pick once he signs with a club this winter. The Yankees are not interested in retaining his services, according to multiple reports.

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Jayson Stark is hearing the Oakland Athletics in connection with Reynolds, despite the A's being on the third baseman's no-trade list.

Oakland has Kevin Kouzmanoff and Edwin Encarnacion on their roster, and reportedly made a 5-year, $64 million offer to free agent Adrian Beltre.

The A's, however, could non-tender Kouzmanoff and Encarnacion may be seen more as an outfielder.

I can understand Jeter from a production standpoint. But Mo? Did Hank not see how well they close out games when Mo wasnt available. Who does he think is gonna close games out there? JOBA?

I still say they both end up signing. But we will see. Even as a Sox fan it would be weird seeing Jeter or Mo as anything but a Yankee. But If Mo doesnt get a Yankees contract I think he would just retire.

I can understand Jeter from a production standpoint. But Mo? Did Hank not see how well they close out games when Mo wasnt available. Who does he think is gonna close games out there? JOBA?

I still say they both end up signing. But we will see. Even as a Sox fan it would be weird seeing Jeter or Mo as anything but a Yankee. But If Mo doesnt get a Yankees contract I think he would just retire.

mo is way more valuable than jeter at this point.looks like the yanks wont cave in to jeter's demands since no other team will even come close to 15 per to him. 

mo is way more valuable than jeter at this point.looks like the yanks wont cave in to jeter's demands since no other team will even come close to 15 per to him. 

The problem with Jeter and Rivera is that they will not get what they are seeking in the open market anyway.  The Yankees know that.

Jeter and Rivera are trying to hold the Yankees by the balls and the only card they have to play is the "Legacy" card.  They played it, the Yankees called them on it, both of them.

I can understand Jeter from a production standpoint. But Mo?
$18mil though?  C'mon that's a lot of money for a closer, I don't care what your name is.

The problem with Jeter and Rivera is that they will not get what they are seeking in the open market anyway.  The Yankees know that.

Jeter and Rivera are trying to hold the Yankees by the balls and the only card they have to play is the "Legacy" card.  They played it, the Yankees called them on it, both of them.

I can understand Jeter from a production standpoint. But Mo?
$18mil though?  C'mon that's a lot of money for a closer, I don't care what your name is.

i think closer is the most overrated position in pretty much all of sports but Rivera is the exception to my rule. still wouldnt give him 18 or 20 million though

and 5 years 64 million for beltre?
laugh.gif

sick.gif

i think closer is the most overrated position in pretty much all of sports but Rivera is the exception to my rule. still wouldnt give him 18 or 20 million though

and 5 years 64 million for beltre?
laugh.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Seems like a tad to much for V-Mart but hey Detroit got their man

They have a mainstay at first, a bunch of guys who DH already, a catcher and they're trying to bring back Magglio cheap as well.  I don't get it.  Detroit would have been wayyyyy better going after Werth.  Their OF is not all that strong.  To sign a 32 who will probably catch 65 games a year for the next couple and then need to be your DH to that kinda money...eh
grin.gif

They have no one around Miggy that produces. That is why they got him. He and Avil will platoon at C and he will be there DH. I think it is a good signing to get another bat. I would be stunned if the Tigers offered Werth a big contract. They will go after Crawford pretty hard IMO.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Seems like a tad to much for V-Mart but hey Detroit got their man

They have a mainstay at first, a bunch of guys who DH already, a catcher and they're trying to bring back Magglio cheap as well.  I don't get it.  Detroit would have been wayyyyy better going after Werth.  Their OF is not all that strong.  To sign a 32 who will probably catch 65 games a year for the next couple and then need to be your DH to that kinda money...eh
grin.gif

They have no one around Miggy that produces. That is why they got him. He and Avil will platoon at C and he will be there DH. I think it is a good signing to get another bat. I would be stunned if the Tigers offered Werth a big contract. They will go after Crawford pretty hard IMO.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

OldHossRadbourn The Red Sox will miss V. Martinez even though his last attempt to throw out a runner just reached second base three minutes ago.
laugh.gif

5 minutes quicker than any other catcher we're gonna throw out there
30t6p3b.gif

our pitchers could at least try to hold runners on, or get the ball to the plate quicker, or some combo of both. can't wait for baseball season. yes mad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

OldHossRadbourn The Red Sox will miss V. Martinez even though his last attempt to throw out a runner just reached second base three minutes ago.
laugh.gif

5 minutes quicker than any other catcher we're gonna throw out there
30t6p3b.gif

our pitchers could at least try to hold runners on, or get the ball to the plate quicker, or some combo of both. can't wait for baseball season. yes mad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Jeter ain't getting more than $15M... The Yanks would be stupid to bid against themselves. If he wants to sign with the Sox for less money to prove a point, dare him to. But nobody else is giving him close to 3/45.

And I think 6/140 may be enough to push the Rangers out on Lee... Go get Greinke and put all that scratch into other places... The annual rate probably isn't an issue, but 6 years is beyond what they'll do. I think they'd come around on 5, but 6 isn't happening.
Son , let that go it's not happening
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom