Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

This thread DIED in an instant
laugh.gif
come on guys...

random thoughts:

- I didnt get to finish Maia vs. Mac Donald...and I just did this morning. I thought J-Mac showed tons of heart but still wasn't enough. I don't reallyknow what was his game plan but I thought it was worth the try but he knew what was going to happen as soon as he gives Maia a chance - which cost him thematch of course. Dude gave up his back (NH) numerous times. Props for the scrambles though.

- Battle of the Nerds: man, I thought it was one of the most exciting match of the night but Cummo got dominated
tired.gif
He got wrecked by a strong 21 year old.

- Roger's got a nice future ahead of him. I think he's one of those fighters who will learn from their losses and eventually come up to the top.

- Don't call this a nut-hug but I think GSP deserves a magazine cover (non-MMA oriented). Dude's a class act and he can represent the sport in a niceand decent manner.

- How the hell is CHRIS LEBEN headlining an event?
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
Maybe I just don't like the dude but...umm...I think he's only worth toheadline UFC Fightnights

- Cant wait for Dana to start migrating WEC fighters to the UFC

Brock Lesnar is a beast, but i didnt think there was any need to taunt Herring like that. It seemed like GSP was toying with Fitch after the 2nd round.

^ now what could that have been for?

'lubricated nips make for a good fighter' -gsp.

dunno why some of you like to hate on karo and manny so much....
karo used to be one of my fav fighters but he gives no effort.

talking about how he realized he needed to get into real shape then he showed up to 2 fights moderately in shape (and still not near the level of qualityfighters) and then at the alves fight he was pretty much in the worst shape ive seen him, gut spilling all over the place, smh.

cant be a fan of a guy with such a sh**ty work ethic like that.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Thoughts on last nights show:

My boy Huerta was simply overmatched. If only he fought the way he did in the 3rd the first 2 rounds, it might have been more interesting. He would probably still lose though.

Lesnar was a beast. He really does have a bright future in the UFC's weak heavyweight division. Some people were compaining he was Ln'P the whole time. Give him a chance to win a few more fights, develop his skills and he will get better. I'd like to see him fight Kongo next.

GSP is the best welterweight right now. No one is touching him. Although I'm kinda disappointed he didn't finish the fight. Gutsy effort by Fitch but he really didn't stand a chance.

I think my first UFC event might be in December if GSP fights. That will be a great fight. Right now, I'm slightly leaning toward Penn, IF he can keep his conditioning up.
how you going to spoil yourself like that man? Your first live event is going to be (god willing) BJ v. GSP? Very few fights that I could think of that would rival that one. Live events are the truth. So much excitement in the arena.
I've been wanting to go bad but never had the time, money, or worthwhile main event. But his year it might work out. I had 3 weeks of vacation thisyear and I had to choose 2 weeks to take consecutively. I didn't have any major plans so I just chose the last 2 weeks of the year. So I already have thetime off. Money-wise, I'll be working full-time hopefully starting in September since I'll have graduated from CSUN. $$$ for me to save. Plus, with amain-event of GSP/Penn, plus I think I read Mir/Nog nd Wandy possibly fighting, I have to jump on the oppurtunity.

What the hell is GSP doing w/ his nipples????? Hahahahaha.

I'll agree with the poster above.. My first event was UFC 67 and it was crazy fun!! (and not just because we had good seats) but the excitement was justincredible along with being with other fight fans... I'm still trying to see if I can get to Atlanta for 88...

Matt Hughes not impressed with St. Pierre at UFC 87
August 12, 2008, 12:30 pm

Former UFC welterweight champion, Matt Hughes, has spoken about his long time rival and current champion, Georges St. Pierre's recent performance at UFC 87, and he's not impressed.

Speaking on his official blog, Hughes said: "Georges didn't look as big as he has before and he seemed like he had gotten tired from the first round. Fitch had the game plan of countering Georges and you just can't do that. You can't counter a quicker fighter. To be honest, halfway in the third round I got up and walked out of the arena and went to my hotel. The fight wasn't the most exciting and I wanted to get out of there before everyone else was getting up to leave."

Judging by the look of St. Pierre's opponent, Jon Fitch, at the press conference following this fight, there is an argument against this opinion. One thing is certain though, with Serra, Koscheck, Fitch and Hughes himself behind him in the last year, St. Pierre is right on track to be crowned the greatest welterweight of all time.

By Michael Pepper.
Source: http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%20Hughesnotim ... thGSP.html

^See, thats EXACTLY why I HATE Hughes. He's a douche. ALWAYS talking down on fighters, always. I've yet to ever see/hear/read anything he's had tosay that was actually positive about someone. I really hope they sign the Serra/Hughes fight so Serra can KO him into retirement. Hughes is as washed up asthey get.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I think my first UFC event might be in December if GSP fights. That will be a great fight. Right now, I'm slightly leaning toward Penn, IF he can keep his conditioning up.

GSP/BJ 1 was my first UFC event and it was pretty cool. Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher was awesome and I about cried when my boy Yves Edwards got submittedby Mark Hominick. But overrall, to many dudes (who have never trained a day in there life) walking around with there chest sticking out wearing Tapout shirts.Hell, a fight broke out in the stands during Doerkson/Marquardt. I see GSP winning the rematch via GnP.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

- How the hell is CHRIS LEBEN headlining an event?
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
Maybe I just don't like the dude but...umm...I think he's only worth to headline UFC Fightnights

First thing that came to my mind. UFN fighter at best.

Also, did anyone else notice that GSP put on his blackbelt instead of the UFC belt after the Fitch fight? I like it

^I caught that as well. Interesting on his part.

To those upset about Leben headlining an event, at least you get it free on Spike!
laugh.gif
I'm not the least bit upset about it, in fact, I actually dislikeBisping, so hopefully Leben brings the heat and KO's him in the 1st round. Then we won't have to worry about Bisping getting a title shot at the Spideranytime soon.

Wow, Matt Hughes is such a @@$+. Does he remember how badly he was crushed by GSP relatively recently? He got man-handled even worse than Fitch did. GSP wasdefinitely NOT gassed after the first either, he still looked pretty fresh in the 5th! Don't forget this Hughes ya !%$%!...

4d6594k.jpg

Am I the only one not sold on Cote? I think the dude is fun to watch but I just dont think he is a top 3 or even top 5 UFC MW (let alone top 3 or top 5 MW inthe world). I know dudes like Okami are hurt, and I guess there isnt really anyone else around, but its just feeding a sheep to a wolf. If the betting line onSpider comes out anywhere below -600 I am cashing out my engagement ring fund and letting it all ride on Spider. Even at 6:1 its pretty much a lock.

Am I the only one not sold on Cote? I think the dude is fun to watch but I just dont think he is a top 3 or even top 5 UFC MW (let alone top 3 or top 5 MW in the world). I know dudes like Okami are hurt, and I guess there isnt really anyone else around, but its just feeding a sheep to a wolf. If the betting line on Spider comes out anywhere below -600 I am cashing out my engagement ring fund and letting it all ride on Spider. Even at 6:1 its pretty much a lock.

Umm, I haven't been following the thread here, but most people who actually know anything about the sport will be quick to tell you that Cote is hotgarbage. He's a gatekeeper who feeds on the weak. He'll get CRUSHED by Silva with the quickness.

Am I the only one not sold on Cote? I think the dude is fun to watch but I just dont think he is a top 3 or even top 5 UFC MW (let alone top 3 or top 5 MW in the world). I know dudes like Okami are hurt, and I guess there isnt really anyone else around, but its just feeding a sheep to a wolf. If the betting line on Spider comes out anywhere below -600 I am cashing out my engagement ring fund and letting it all ride on Spider. Even at 6:1 its pretty much a lock.
Trust me, you are not the only one.

matt hughes must have a blip or two in his memory.

frank trig too. what's with these dudes thinking that they have room to talk about gsp?

4135.jpg

gsp3_ufc79.jpg

4.jpg

You guys alive out there? Take from mmaweekly.com:

UFC 90: OCTOBER 25, 2008 IN ILLINOIS
venue: Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the world)* vs. Patrick Cote
-Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)*
-Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Junior dos Santos
-Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk
-Spencer Fisher vs. Melvin Guillard
-Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich
-Hermes Franca vs. Gleison Tibau
-Pete Sell vs. Josh Burkman
-Rich Clementi vs. TBA

THIS CARD IS STACKED!! It's a shame we won't get to see every fight on the pay per view!

^ actually that card has some depth.

the commision is going to have to cut that main event for cote's safety.

i think griffin's going to propel himself in to the title picture with a big win.

sanchez's skill level is just too high for alves.

Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote (KTFO round 1)
-Thiago Alves vs. Diego Sanchez (sub, round 2)
-Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos (sub, round 3)
-Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk (decision)
-Spencer Fisher vs. Melvin Guillard (tko, round 1 )
-Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic ( tko, round 2 )
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich (decision)
-Hermes Franca vs. Gleison Tibau (decision)
-Pete Sell vs. Josh Burkman (decision)
-Rich Clementi vs. TBA ( ko round 1 )

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the world)* vs. Patrick Cote KO RD 1
-Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* DEC
-Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Junior dos Santos SUB RD 2
-Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk DEC
-Spencer Fisher vs. Melvin Guillard SUB RD 2
-Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic SUB RD 1
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich DEC
-Hermes Franca vs. Gleison Tibau DEC
-Pete Sell vs. Josh Burkman DEC

As much as I hate to say it because the guy is one of the most exciting fighters in theworld, I don't see Tyson Griffin beating Sean Sherk. I don't think he can handle his strength and wrestling after the Frankie Edgar fight. Also if SeanSherk learned to get inside and bang with people he could be dangerous. Dudes got one of the fastest rights in the UFC but he never gets close enough to be instriking distance. But being 5 feet tall doesn't help

Originally Posted by NikeMax

-Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* DEC

u serious? pitbull all day, dude will bring it to anyone at 170 not named gsp or penn

hopefully he can make weight, someone gimme a crying gif

Back
Top Bottom