Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by NikeMax

-Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* DEC

u serious? pitbull all day, dude will bring it to anyone at 170 not named gsp or penn

hopefully he can make weight, someone gimme a crying gif

Yeah-don't know why but I just got that feelin. This is the hardest fight to call in my opinion

I hope Diego wins this fight, we only have a few famous/good athletes from New Mexico that are worth
talking about, so I support them when I can. Plus I kinda knew Diego back in the day in college. I got a pretty
funny/cool story about him if anybody wants to hear it.

The Ultimate Fighter 8

phillipe_nover.jpg

Phillipe Nover
MMA Record: 5-0-1
Trains With: Team Insight

http://sportsillustrated....er.8.cast/content.15.html
my dude finally made it! look out for him.. he's a beast

Damn Cote already looks shook in the poster
laugh.gif

He's my dude, but yeah he is a sub par middleweight, Silva 1st round EARRRRLY

UFC 90 undercard looks good. Main event is so so. Anderson Silva's next two middleweights should be victorys, thus cleaning out that division.

I don't think Tyson can beat Sherk. Sherk by decision.

Winner of Diego and Alves should get a title shot.

im looking forward to that war of attrition in Sherk vs Tyson

whoever can last the longest and grind out a W cuz both have sick cardio

dang you guys making predictions for 90 already. oh well.....

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the world)* vs. Patrick Cote
-Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)*
-Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Junior dos Santos
-Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk
-Spencer Fisher vs. Melvin Guillard
-Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich
-Hermes Franca vs. Gleison Tibau
-Pete Sell vs. Josh Burkman
-Rich Clementi vs. TBA

I think in the last 5 years the MMA game has caught up to 1-dimensional fighters. Hughes is just mad he one of those. He talked crap about George and gothandled twice, then talked about Thiago and got own3d, now still hating on GSP? He's just a prick. I believe the Chuck is one of those fighters the gamehas caught up to also.

As for Leban in the main, I'm cool with that cuz I hope he knocks Bisbing out. Bisbing gets like every fight at home in England so I hope Leban gets inhim. He moved down cuz he didn't want to fight Hamil again.

90 looks good and I think Thiago will give it to Diego. It can be a decent card if everybody brings thier A game. Well Cote it won't matter what game hebrings my boy bout to handle him with the quickness.

I don't think Chuck is as one dimensional as everyone thinks, I think he does well at adapting to the style of the guys he's fighting and his sprawl istop notch. Tyson vs Sherk should be an exciting fight, that UFC 90 card is stacked!

The worst you can call Chuck is 2-dimensional. He's a very good wrestler (despite only using it more defensively than offensively) and he's a powerfulstriker. He's extremely tough to beat.

Today is not a good day for MMA
smh.gif

[h1]EliteXC heavyweight champ Antonio Silva fails drug test[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Aug 21, 2008 at 1:40 pm ET

antonio-silva-2.jpg
Antonio Silva, who was recently crowned EliteXC's first-ever heavyweight champion, has been suspended one year and fined $2,500 for his alleged use of the anabolic steroid Boldenone.

The California State Athletic Commission alerted MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the news today via email.

Silva (11-1) scored a second-round TKO of Justin Eilers at EliteXC's July 26 "Unfinished Business" event in Stockton, Calif., but he failed a drug test administered by the CSAC at the event.

Boldenone was developed for veterinary use -- primarily for horses -- but has been used by football players, boxers, mixed martial artists and other athletes in recent years as a performance-enhancing drugs.

Independent tests were conducted by Quest Diagnostics for Silva's "A" sample and Laboratoire De Controle Du Dopage for the "B" sample, according to the CSAC's Bill Douglas.

All other fighters who competed at the event tested clean for drugs of abuse and performance-enhancing drugs.

Silva will have the opportunity to file an appeal with the commission.

[h1]Affliction's Edwin Dewees fined and suspended for alleged steroid use[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Aug 21, 2008 at 1:28 pm ET

edwin-dewees.jpg
The California State Athletic Commission has issued Affliction fighter Edwin Dewees a one-year suspension and $2,500 fine for alleged use of Nandrolone, an anabolic steroid.

The CSAC today sent news of the punishment to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) via email.

Dewees failed a drug test administered by the CSAC during Affliction's debut event on July 19. Dewees, a replacement for Vernon White, suffered a first-round TKO to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at the event.

Nandrolone can be found in small quantities in the human body -- usually no more than 0.5 ng/ml. However, Dewees tested positive for 499 ng/mL, according to the CSAC's Bill Douglas.

Independent tests were conducted by Quest Diagnostics for the "A" sample and by Laboratoire De Controle Du Dopage for the "B" sample.

Dewees was a late replacement for Vernon White, who was forced off the Affliction card after the Nevada State Athletic Commission suspended him for failing a drug test of his own.

Dewees will have the opportunity to file an appeal with the commission.

I don't care about Dewees at all. Remember that fight where he got all cut up in the Ultimate fighter and it looked like his hair dyed red? That's myfondest memory of that guy.

But Silva!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
What the $@+* !?!?!? You were doing so great and had so much potential,and now you are going to be suspended for at least 6 months! Idiot. Don't go the way of Stephan Bonner.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hahahaha how you dudes gonna make predictions for UFC90 when we still got 88, 89, and UFN on deck?

laugh.gif
Damn I was thinking the same thing..

easy. because it was the immediate topic of discussion. nothing funny about that.

Wow...this just makes me wonder if Sean Sherk's comments about the CSAC has any validity. I don't agree with him, it just makes me ponder I guess

can we lock this up and start over?
laugh.gif
everytime i lurk here i can neverseem to find where things start.

anyways dont know if this has been posted but..

Dana White Announces UFC 91-93

dana.jpg
Following the statements surrounding thepotential December super card with a who's who of UFC champions and ex champions, almost every hardcore MMA fan was on the edge of their seats, waiting inanticipation for the announcement from the UFC President in order to book their tickets. Today the news was released surrounding UFCs 91, 92 and 93.

It was announced today on Yahoo Sports that UFC 91 will be taking place on November 15th in Portland. Wanderlei Silva himself stated that he would befighting on the 27th December in Las Vegas, however White came out and said he was as yet undecided on this. It was also announced that GSP vs Penn 2 was totake place Superbowl weekend, 31st January 2009 in Las Vegas.

The potential fights for 92 still stand at Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson and if this fight wasn't big enough, there is still the highly rumouredfight between Anderson Silva and The Iceman himself Chuck Liddell. ..
------------------

and for those that didnt see my thread in the general the OFFICIAL release for UFC 2009 Undisputed is Febuary 27th 2009

It was announced today on Yahoo Sports that UFC 91 will be taking place on November 15th in Portland. Wanderlei Silva himself stated that he would be fighting on the 27th December in Las Vegas, however White came out and said he was as yet undecided on this. It was also announced that GSP vs Penn 2 was to take place Superbowl weekend, 31st January 2009 in Las Vegas.

The potential fights for 92 still stand at Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson and if this fight wasn't big enough, there is still the highly rumoured fight between Anderson Silva and The Iceman himself Chuck Liddell. ..

if all this could happen on one card it would be unreal.

frown.gif
Dana said there will be a card here in Canada by the year's end. Iguess not. I was so amped too...
frown.gif

I don't care about Dewees at all. Remember that fight where he got all cut up in the Ultimate fighter and it looked like his hair dyed red? That's my fondest memory of that guy.

One of the bloodiest fights ever. Dude got a dyed hair. Edwin has great potential, but I don't know why the F is he messin up his career
smh.gif

We'll see a replay of what happened to Ken-flo on this fight. If Tyson can get technical with Sean, then, he might have a chance...he should be practicinghis take down techniques right now and give Sherk that knee to the head when he rages into him.

hamil vs. rich video

tyson will win.. better striker, better jj, great takedown defense .. and a great grappler

and...

Olympic judo gold medalist challenges Fedor Emelianenko
August 22, 2008, 7:37 am

Olympicjudo gold medalist challenges Fedor Emelianenko
by: Matt Welch ([email protected])

satoshiishii.jpg

Few human beings, let alone professionally-trained mixed martial artists, wake up one morning and decide they're going to challenge arguably theworld's greatest fighter.

Chalk it up to an emotional high if you will, but Olympian superheavyweight Satoshi Ishii's first wish upon being awarded a gold medal in judo this pastweek was the opportunity to fight "Emelianenko Fedor," as the famed Russian fighter is known in Japan, according to Yahoo's Dave Meltzer.

Ishii, 21, has never trained in mixed martial arts and on paper, it's hard to fathom a one-dimensional judo practitioner being the man to crack the myth ofFedor, but the concept of an Emelianenko freak show fight is far from uncommon, especially when the end of the year rolls around. Couple that with Ishii'sstatus as what Meltzer referred to as a "national hero" and the bout would likely garner far more interest in Japan than a bout between Fedor and astandard MMA fighter.

Emelianenko, who is next billed to compete in Japan on New Years Eve, has made a history out of competing in some form of MMA gimmick match at year's end,battling the likes of 7-foot-2-inch Hong Man Choi in 2007, the 400-pound Zuluzinho in 2005, former pro wrestler Yuji Nagata in 2003 and K-1 standout Mark Huntin 2006.

(Courtesy: Yahoo Sports)

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I think in the last 5 years the MMA game has caught up to 1-dimensional fighters. Hughes is just mad he one of those. He talked crap about George and got handled twice, then talked about Thiago and got own3d, now still hating on GSP? He's just a prick. I believe the Chuck is one of those fighters the game has caught up to also.

As for Leban in the main, I'm cool with that cuz I hope he knocks Bisbing out. Bisbing gets like every fight at home in England so I hope Leban gets in him. He moved down cuz he didn't want to fight Hamil again.

90 looks good and I think Thiago will give it to Diego. It can be a decent card if everybody brings thier A game. Well Cote it won't matter what game he brings my boy bout to handle him with the quickness.

Maybe those guys are not so much one dimensional as much as they are......just......old now.

Most fighters have one strength they rely on while they develop the rest. We just don't always get to see what they can do. If they were so onedimensional, then they should have been easy to beat. Which they weren't.

On the subject of Griffin/Sherk, I don't care who wins, but I think Tyson Griffin is one of the most over rated LW's out there. Lost to Frankie Edgar.Lost to Clay Guida IMO. Yet people talk about the kid like he's a serious contender.

Back
Top Bottom