Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I don't think Chuck could win a rematch with Rashad either. I think there are certain opponents Chuck could beat but if anyone goes in with the right game plan Chuck will lose 90% of the time.

Wandy was an idiot thinking he could go toe to toe and box Chuck with a reach disadvantage. A rematch Wandy will destroy Chuck.
totally agree. wandy will destroy chuck with a RIGHT gameplan.

only way chuck can win against good strikers now is simply keep ur hands up and work on his defense. thats about it.nothing really drastic of a change in his style. just keep ur hands up. dude is still a good fighter and i dont thinkage is a factor as of now, its not like hes ken shamrock. he might need a new and more experienced boxing trainer than just relying on his friend.

2di1v2d.jpg

supposedly a way of gaining confidence and strength whenever

Moving on...anyone amped for Thiago VS Machida?
devil.gif
Gono's fighting onthe same card. Jardine VS Vera can be interesting as well.

Oh yeah, how did Leben headline for an event?
smh.gif
Yes I'm hating.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

I don't think Chuck could win a rematch with Rashad either. I think there are certain opponents Chuck could beat but if anyone goes in with the right game plan Chuck will lose 90% of the time.

Wandy was an idiot thinking he could go toe to toe and box Chuck with a reach disadvantage. A rematch Wandy will destroy Chuck.
totally agree. wandy will destroy chuck with a RIGHT gameplan.

only way chuck can win against good strikers now is simply keep ur hands up and work on his defense. thats about it. nothing really drastic of a change in his style. just keep ur hands up. dude is still a good fighter and i dont think age is a factor as of now, its not like hes ken shamrock. he might need a new and more experienced boxing trainer than just relying on his friend.
Wandy is in the same boat as Chuck IMO. Wandy will never change his gameplan, ever. He's at a point in his career where he needs someone madefor him to win. Wandy will always be the one looking to be the aggressor in a fight, Chuck is one that'll counter punch. You can play that fight as much asyou want but Chuck is going to have the advantage because of their styles. What's a way to beat a counter puncher? By being patient and making him come toyou, which is just what Evans and Page did.

Moving on...anyone amped for Thiago VS Machida?
devil.gif
Gono's fighting on the same card. Jardine VS Vera can be interesting as well.
Thiago got hurt so it's not happening.

People may hate on TUF, but the show has produced 2 of the top light heavy weights. If Machida beats whoever his opponent is next, PLEASE give him the winnerof Rashad/Forrest.

Watching that fight Saturday night broke my heart, and a lil piece of my heart might have died as well. Liddell was the first fighter I really liked andadmired when I first started following MMA, so to see him go down like that was just painful.
ohwell.gif

I think in the last 5 years the MMA game has caught up to 1-dimensional fighters. Hughes is just mad he one of those. He talked crap about George and got handled twice, then talked about Thiago and got own3d, now still hating on GSP? He's just a prick. I believe the Chuck is one of those fighters the game has caught up to also.

As for Leban in the main, I'm cool with that cuz I hope he knocks Bisbing out. Bisbing gets like every fight at home in England so I hope Leban gets in him. He moved down cuz he didn't want to fight Hamil again.

90 looks good and I think Thiago will give it to Diego. It can be a decent card if everybody brings thier A game. Well Cote it won't matter what game he brings my boy bout to handle him with the quickness.
Like I said a few weeks ago.
eek.gif

Props to Rashad for standing toe to toe, I felt the longer he did he would get caught but dudes games has risen like Jesus!

I was there live in box seats, will have pics soon. My camera isn't the best so don't beat me up for it. Pretty good night overall. Chuck got one of the best entrances in the sport but lately his exits....
frown.gif

Last, theres nothing like watching the fights with a group of knowledgable fans at a bar or something unless you are on the floor by the cage and have access to the fighters and people in the game. Even box seats wasn't that cool besides the view, people who got money just go simply because and don't know crap about MMA or fighting. This could be said about all sports.

Please tell me you did not just quote yourself on some "I told you so" nonsense and put that ridiculous smiley face up........ Your "onedimensional fighter" belief hold no weight here. Chuck got beaten at his one dimension. He is old. He is slower than he used to be. He wasn't going toout wrestle Rashad. Rashad has always been a tough sub. And he didn't get out wrestled or subbed. The other "dimensions" played no part in this.Much the way a younger faster Roy Jones got caught as he got older, same is happening to Chuck and Matt Hughes. Chuck is being beaten by younger, quickerfighters with tighter Boxing. It's really not that complicated. If Chuck's "one dimesnional" fighting was such a drawback, he wouldn'thave beaten better rounded fighters like Randy, or Jeremy Horn etc like he did. Anyway, props to Rashad. Good to see Hendo back in the W column. I kind ofwanted Kampmann to win just to Anderson had a fresh contender, but Nate looked good.

My boy Jojo always called him "O.G."

RIP, man. I was definitely a fan.

[h1]http://mmajunkie.com/news/5243/former-ufc-champ-evan-tanner-dead-at-37.mma[/h1]
[h1]Former UFC middleweight champ Evan Tanner dead at 37[/h1]
by Dann Stupp on Sep 08, 2008 at 9:04 pm ET

evan-tanner-4.jpg
Evan Tanner, a former UFC middleweight champion and one of MMA's most popular fighters, was found dead in the Palo Verde mountain area of California today.

He was 37 years old.

A friend of Tanner's told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that authorities have recovered his body. Kyria McBrayer, who also assisted the popular fighter with his "Team Tanner" fan/sponsorship club, said she received the unfortunate news today.

Calls to the Imperial County Sheriff's Office were not immediately returned, but according to published reports, a campsite, which included Tanner's motorcycle, was recently discovered. A sheriff's deputy found Tanner's body when searching the mountain's Clapp Springs area.

The cause and other details of Tanner's death were not immediately known.

His friends last heard from Tanner this past Wednesday, Sept. 3. A search for Tanner began on Saturday, when temperatures in the area reached nearly 115 degrees, but the efforts initially yielded no results.

The Palo Verde mountain area is located in southern California near the Arizona border.

Tanner (32-8 MMA, 12-5 UFC), a Texas native who won a state high school wrestling title in 1989, turned an MMA professional in 1997 and began his career with a stellar 19-1 record to earn his way into the UFC.

Tanner, who claimed he learned much of the sport from instructional tapes and DVDs, received his first UFC title shot in 2001 but suffered a quick first-round knockout to then-UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. However, after going 7-1 in his next eight fights and dropping to the middleweight division, Tanner defeated David Terrell for the organization's vacant 185-pound title in February 2005.

His championship reign would be a short one, though; Rich Franklin defeated Tanner in his very next fight.

After the loss, Tanner fought twice more for the organization before taking a nearly two-year break from competition. During the time away, Tanner began work on a charity to provide a home, training and support system for disadvantaged athletes, but he ultimately scrapped the idea soon after the home opened. Also during the break, Tanner authored a popular blog on his official website that discussed everything from his travels to the restoration of a sail boat to his battle with alcohol addiction.

In November 2007, though, Tanner confirmed he had signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC and was returning to competition. Tanner shunned corporate sponsorships and instead implemented Team Tanner, which allowed fans to sponsor him directly. Fans were rewarded with gear, memorabilia and other items depending on the amount paid.

Tanner fought twice after signing the deal. He suffered a knockout loss to Yushin Okami in March, and in his most recent fight, he headlined The Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale against "TUF 3" winner Kendall Grove. Tanner lost a close split decision at the June event, and MMAjunkie.com was later told he was trying to fight through injuries at the event.

Just prior to that most recent fight, Tanner became a blogger for Spike.com. The popular online journal chronicled all aspects of his life. His final post was dated Sept. 2.

In an Aug. 16 entry, Tanner discussed his plans to camp out in a California desert as a sort of a spiritual journey. Many readers voiced concern that he expected only to bring the bare necessities.

"I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature," Tanner wrote. "Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert that any failure of my equipment could cost me my life."

In his final post last week, he talked about training at the Compound MMA camp in Oceanside, Calif., and surfing at the local beach.

We'll have more on this story as information becomes available.

MMAjunkie.com sends it deepest and sincerest condolences to the family and fellow friends and fans of Evan Tanner.

eek.gif
RIP.

Man is a legend. Quite odd in his own right but this dude showed heart in the Octagon. Farewell to the crazy hairstyles.

Evan was a big name around here. He had been training here out of my hometown of Gresham and my brother-in-law would see him often while training at the gym.Thats just a sad way for him to go. He will definitely be missed.

Back
Top Bottom