Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

DoubleJs07:
ProduccionFrescos:
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Someone who's really into this stuff... convince me that there's no way that was fixed.

Defend your sport.

Talk to me.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]EXACTLY![/color]

Kimbo caught a good one to the dome...I dunno about that being fixed...
I understand the reasoning is going to be 'He took a shot that stunned him.'

Two problems I have with that:
#1. It's not like Kimbo was all dazed and confused lying on the floor speaking in tongues and swatting at flies. He seemed like he very well could havedefended himself somehow... on his back, against the wall standing up, against the wall kneeling over, retreating to the middle of the floor, something... buthe didn't. He just... took it.
nerd.gif

#2. In less than 2 minutes, he's sound enough to throw out an after-party reminder and big-up Ft. Lauderdale? If less than 2 minutes ago you were declaredthe loser of a fight because you were apparently too stunned to defend yourself, I'm thinking that right now, I should be watching you swat at imaginaryflies while asking someone to pass the bacon. But nah... dude seemed... perfectly fine.
nerd.gif
Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Someone who's really into this stuff... convince me that there's no way that was fixed.

Defend your sport.

Talk to me.
Kimbo is supposed to be the "elite heavyweight" in EliteXC and he brings in viewers. Ken Shamrock the original person to fight Kimbo is 44 years old and hasn't won a fight since 04. Kimbo losing is the worst thing to happen to that company. They expected Kimbo to easily bypass Ken but Ken got an injury. If anything this just goes to show you EliteXC was doing their best to let Kimbo get easy wins.
That... actually makes perfect sense.

Solid argument.

But I have a question about that, too: is there no way Kimbo/Elite/both could have pocketed some crazy dollar amount from... I don't know who, because Idon't follow MMA... but from someone paying Kimbo/Elite/both to take a fall?

kimbo was paid to take the fall for the other guy to get his mma career back on track just likeshamrock was paid off to fake an eye cut so that the other guy could fight kimbo and get an upset match.....

come on now kimbo was so happy and wasnt mad after the fight he wanted to party cuz the elitexc justpaid the guy to take the fall.....

who was this nobody guy who fought kimbo anyways looking like a emo kid with pink hair all scared atthe begining of the fight kicking like a little girl.....

MAINO hi haters MAINO to all the guys who dont like kimbo....
laugh.gif

Fixed fight, no doubt in my mind.

he didn't even try to defend himself on the ground, didnt cover up or nothing just took the hits, kimbo has taken way harder punches then that and walkedthru them.

Dude was so shook when Kimbo lunged at him
laugh.gif

They even put it as "breaking news" on the ESPN ticker ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The Kimbo slurping is out of hand by the EliteXC and the media good for Kevin
People really think Kimbo took a fall?

DoubleJs07:
ProduccionFrescos:

Defend your sport.

Talk to me.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]EXACTLY![/color]

#1. It's not like Kimbo was all dazed and confused lying on the floor speaking in tongues and swatting at flies. He seemed like he very well could have defended himself somehow... on his back, against the wall standing up, against the wall kneeling over, retreating to the middle of the floor, something... but he didn't. He just... took it.
nerd.gif

#2. In less than 2 minutes, he's sound enough to throw out an after-party reminder and big-up Ft. Lauderdale? If less than 2 minutes ago you were declared the loser of a fight because you were apparently too stunned to defend yourself, I'm thinking that right now, I should be watching you swat at imaginary flies while asking someone to pass the bacon. But nah... dude seemed... perfectly fine.
nerd.gif

Welp, there's the conspiracy right there...can't really argue that (the bold part)
laugh.gif

as far as #1....Kimbo wasn't in a good position to defend himself....the ref HAD to stop the fight...kimbo's face would have looked like a wendy'shamburger if the dude with the pink highlights was allowed to keep pounding him....

I wanted Seth to continue to pound on him until he was out because I knew Kimbo would get up and complain. I don't hate Kimbo but this should shut everyoneup who thinks Kimbo is a god.

Clutchshooter:
y'all who are only tuning in because it's kimbo and find it entertaining. it's a shame you dont tune in during REAL blockbuster fights.
Save that.

When's the next event on national (that means 'not cable') television?

Exactly.

No one could sense how mad Kimbo was when he was getting inverviewed after the fight?

Not to mention he was getting ready to body slam the ref?

Dude wasnt "fine" he was upset thats why he was talking about the afterparty
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

I wanted Seth to continue to pound on him until he was out because I knew Kimbo would get up and complain. I don't hate Kimbo but this should shut everyone up who thinks Kimbo is a god.

to bring in viewers they have to show their main event can be beaten. Kimbo had to have taken some cash for this rep showdown

DoubleJs07:
ProduccionFrescos:

Defend your sport.

Talk to me.
EXACTLY!

#1. It's not like Kimbo was all dazed and confused lying on the floor speaking in tongues and swatting at flies. He seemed like he very well could have defended himself somehow... on his back, against the wall standing up, against the wall kneeling over, retreating to the middle of the floor, something... but he didn't. He just... took it.
nerd.gif

#2. In less than 2 minutes, he's sound enough to throw out an after-party reminder and big-up Ft. Lauderdale? If less than 2 minutes ago you were declared the loser of a fight because you were apparently too stunned to defend yourself, I'm thinking that right now, I should be watching you swat at imaginary flies while asking someone to pass the bacon. But nah... dude seemed... perfectly fine.
nerd.gif

maaaaan you're looking mad new to the sport. which so be it. but:

he was exactly that. stunned. and 2 seconds later when he got punched in the head unprotected by a 200 pounder he was still stunned, and 2 seconds after that,and 2 seconds after that.

these punches a cummulative and it takes the very best to figure out how to escape from situations like that. try and add an easy math question 51 + 52 + 53with one of your buds punching you in the head full force. now do that question on all fours while your bud leverages over your body.

fighters are routinely fine right after getting ko'd or tko'd. their considered 'flash' ko's.

Save that.

When's the next event on national (that means 'not cable') television?

Exactly.

cards are routinely available on the internet for free.

So now it's fixed just because he lost huh? Would it have been fixed if he beat up the other dude? Would there be this same discussion?

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

DoubleJs07:
ProduccionFrescos:

Defend your sport.

Talk to me.
EXACTLY!

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

maaaaan you're looking mad new to the sport. which so be it.

he was exactly that. stunned. and 2 seconds later when he got punched in the head unprotected by a 200 pounder he was still stunned, and 2 seconds after that, and 2 seconds after that.

these punches a cummulative and it takes the very best to figure out how to escape from situations like that. try and add an easy math question 51 + 52 + 53 with one of your buds punching you in the head full force. now do that question on all fours while your bud leverages over your body.

fighters are routinely fine right after getting ko'd or tko'd. their considered 'flash' ko's.

You dont even have to be a fighter to know about that. That has happened to me playing football a bunch of times.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by AR Guy

mad.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]!%+!??! I went to piss and came back fight was over?!?! *@@% CBS!!![/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]*@@% KIMBO ![/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]QFE!!![/color]
Quoting yourself ehh. But that was some bull %##$
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You don't think I realized I quoted myself?[/color]
indifferent.gif
I think he was wondering why you did it?

I don't quite understand why anyone would even call it a fix??

Why would the sport want their most popular, recognizable and well-known fighter to get knocked the hell out in 10 seconds??

Originally Posted by AR Guy

mad.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]!%+!??! I went to piss and came back fight was over?!?! *@@% CBS!!![/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]*@@% KIMBO ![/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]QFE!!![/color]
Quoting yourself ehh. But that was some bull %##$
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You don't think I realized I quoted myself?[/color]
indifferent.gif
Just making an observation bruh, no ill intentions. Someone with your niketalk experience knows when he quotes himself.

I don't know about it being fixed.... But it definitely seemed suspect.

1. Dude wasn't even hitting Kimbo with solid shots when he was down on the ground. Check the replays.

2. CBS complained about the show running WAY past the time-limit last time around. And gee, look what happens this time.... Ending at approx. 11:15p.

3. I think they got more hype with this outcome. Set-up a rematch and have Kimbo dominate as opposed to having Kimbo win tonight and people yawn again. Kimbolosing "legitimizes" Elite.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I don't know about it being fixed.... But it definitely seemed suspect.

1. Dude wasn't even hitting Kimbo with solid shots when he was down on the ground. Check the replays.

2. CBS complained about the show running WAY past the time-limit last time around. And gee, look what happens this time.... Ending at approx. 11:15p.

3. I think they got more hype with this outcome. Set-up a rematch and have Kimbo dominate as opposed to having Kimbo win tonight and people yawn again.

yes, check the replays and watch kimbo's limbs start to lock up as the strikes add up.

there is no way this is positive for elitexc.

what's a bigger draw 'an undefeated juggernaught? ' or 'a guy who got ko'd by pink hair boy? '

Back
Top Bottom