Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Also im glad KenFLo just keeps it going with the wins, Dude has totally changed his game from the last title shot he got now he earned another 1.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

You guys crack me up,I've supported Brock from the get go because of his raw talent. This guy has all the potential in the world.

Fabricio Werdum got a title shot in the UFC after 1 fight ( A LOSS ) no hate for him? He might have a longer list of fights but he got a title shot in the UFC After 1 UFC Fight which was a loss.
I never heard of dude. I still say getting a title shot so early is BS, doesnt matter who it is.

You guys crack me up,I've supported Brock from the get go because of his raw talent. This guy has all the potential in the world.

Fabricio Werdum got a title shot in the UFC after 1 fight ( A LOSS ) no hate for him? He might have a longer list of fights but he got a title shot in the UFC After 1 UFC Fight which was a loss.
huh? the only guy i can think of whos gotten a title shot after 1 fight is minotauor nogueira and he ran pride up until fedor

Everybody wanted to see him earn it, but regardless of that fact, he just beat the brakes off the current champ, you can't argue that. On top of that hewas this close to beating Mir before getting caught in an ankle lock, and Mir's the top contender for the interimheavyweight title now, so who else is he supposed to fight? It's semantics really, dude got the shot because regardless of his experience, on any givenday he can dominate most of the top UFC heavyweights out there. It is what it is man, you can't really hate on him cause he's huge.

"He won the belt in his fourth fight, which, ironically, was when Couture captured the heavyweight belt for what would be the first of three times when hedefeated Maurice Smith."

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

huh? the only guy i can think of whos gotten a title shot after 1 fight is minotauor nogueira and he ran pride up until fedor
Sorry Sir, Thats who I meant I just got done reading Werdum walked from the UFC and his name got stuck in my head. Nogueira got a title shot after1 fight, Who did he beat? The same person that brock lesnar beat. The Crazy Horse Heath Herring.

Now the winner of Mir/Nogueira will face Brock Lesnar.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

brock is a joke. he has no skill what so ever. i dont care what anyone says but him being heavyweight champion is a disgrace to mma.

agree
It's pretty clear that Brock is the real deal.

Anyone that thinks he's "a joke" may be a fan of MMA, but doesn't fully understand MMA or the nature of the heavyweight division.

With each fight, he is constantly filling in the blanks and answering all the questions.

There is absolutely nothing about Brock you can liken to Kimbo other than getting an opportunity to fight top contenders without working his way up the ladder. Frank Mir wasn't a can. Heath Herring wasn't a can. And Randy DEFINITELY isn't a can. Those are all top 20 fighters in the HW division on theface of the planet.

I can't help but chuckle when I read these comparisons of Brock and Kimbo. It's not even close. And to discredit this win as a "fluke" orhe was lucky? Damn. At what point was Randy ever in control of that fight? Maybe 10-20% of the entire match? Randy was hurt on multiple occaissions throughoutthe match. It wasn't luck. It was the inevitable.

Wasnt this Randy's last fight on his contract with UFC? Anyways, Brock did his thing tonite so props on that. What is ken-flo thinkin talkin that smack.BJ will abuse that boy. But kenny might be BJ's hardest opponent in lightweight.

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

ahahahaha take that vince. brock dont need you. i know vince gotta hate that.

Honestly, Brock wouldn't have the drawing power he has without being in the WWE first. If anything, Brock proves that Vince can make stars that havedrawing power outside of pro wrestling.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

ahahahaha take that vince. brock dont need you. i know vince gotta hate that.

Honestly, Brock wouldn't have the drawing power he has without being in the WWE first. If anything, Brock proves that Vince can make stars that have drawing power outside of pro wrestling.

^ QFT

I was also thinking , what if Randy took a dive on that fight? Im not saying Brocks punch aint fold him but , everyone knows that Randy and Dana/UFC dont getalong. Randy hasnt been happy with how the company has been treating him moneywise. Randy took this fight because he had one fight left under his contract andhe had an obligation to finish. If he had won, which I think he could have, then he would have to stay with the company that he has not liked for awhile. Thatsjust my opinion. Randy has done everything a fighter can, only thing left for him is Fedor.

I just saw the fight and how did Randy get knocked down from that little hook from Lesnar that barely touched him??

Originally Posted by R23J

So you guys say he doesnt deserve a title shot with a 2-1, which is a good argument, but since he won, hasnt he earned it/shut you up?
I def agree with r23J on this one. SMH at people comparing Lesner and Kimbo in the same vain.

Although the fight reminded me of GSP Serra 1 (The illegal behind the head blow which snowballed into a TKO) it was a pretty decent fight with ups and downsbut to me Brock didn't show anything special other than his size. His size won him the fight rather than any type of actual technique. He did have some keytake downs and some good posture, but crazy hammer fists aren't going to go far against someone who can work well of their back ie Mir/Nog. The card wasamazing. Well worth the $10 I dropped on it
happy.gif
Did anyone hear the sound of that lil heathen uppercut? WOW

GSP Serra 1 (The illegal behind the head blow which snowballed into a TKO)

first thing i thought.

i gotta say, for me, this card was pretty sucktackular.

a few high moments (hazlett's armbar, stevens' uppercut)

but everything in between was pretty damn lacklustre. no serious throwdown moments, but i suppose that cant happen all the time.

i have to say that im really disappointed in randy throughout this whole ordeal. first in the very beginning, bailing on a contract that he knowingly read andsigned, citining lack of respect and no challenges, when one of the greatest fighters in mma history in nog was essentially standing across the cage from him.and at that point randy was fighting at essentially the highest level ive seen him fight at. to give up such a roll because he wasnt getting paid like fedor
smh.gif
. newsflash randy, you are not fedor. then to return and get beat with a glancing backhead punch and what can only be described as some sort of strange,sloppyass, full body convulsion type strikes. randy wasnt prepared at all. he was waaaay too lax entering this fight. there was no intensuty or urgency in hisbody movements whatsoever. threw stikes like he was trying to ko a 6 year old, that was if he was throwing at all. just disappointing.

on the other hand:

kenflo continues to be one of my favourite fighters to watch. is there anyone in all off mma who is more effective or efficient at quickly taking full mountonce they take down an opponent? i really dont think there is.

kenflo/bj is going to be a great fight and a lot closer than most think.

I really hope Paul Heyman starts walking down with Lesner. I also with Angle could've been healthy enough to try MMA. I always said him or Lesner were thetwo WWF guys that would have a shot at it since they are legit wrestlers/athletes.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I really hope Paul Heyman starts walking down with Lesner. I also with Angle could've been healthy enough to try MMA. I always said him or Lesner were the two WWF guys that would have a shot at it since they are legit wrestlers/athletes.

kurt angle stand-up wouldn't lasts in MMA. props to Brock winning the belts, but he still got a long way to go. His stand-up still need work.Couture's age just caught up to him. Also, brock's power, youth, and speed was gave him a bad match up. Now I want to see how brock does against bignog, because I don't really see his powers providing the advantage. Other than being tossed around by fedor and Josh barrnet great submittion counter, Bignog could submitt his oppenents out of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom