Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

dudes better be in shape and better be smart when they step into the ring with GSP. He got that David Louiseu mentality where you destroy when you on top.

props to GSP just was dominant.

BJ is still my favorite fighter but he needs to stay at lw.

I hope GSP beats Alves so he can fight Silva eventhoug i think if they fight at 185 Silva will dominate.

Did BJ really quit between rounds or did his cornerman stop it? My stream quit 4th round @ 20 sec
indifferent.gif

i love BJ but 170 clearly belongs to georges, honestly i thought BJs looked nervous at every stare down with GSP over the last week, i think its cause he knowsthat this isnt sean sherk or joe stevenson or some other light weight, this is the king of 170

as for alves, if thiago can stop the takedowns, this is really gonna be a stand up war

GSP dominated.......hopefully he will fight Spider Silva after Alves.

Thanks for the stream..........I've been without power since tuesday the last two fights were great tonight.

Originally Posted by rtz13

Did BJ really quit between rounds or did his cornerman stop it? My stream quit 4th round @ 20 sec
indifferent.gif
His brother indicated to the doctor that it was enough. But BJ's body language said that he was done for the night.

you know GSP got that elbow game advice from the crow when he was in his prime
smokin.gif
i miss seeing that dude. david's leg kicks + elbows =
sick.gif

Originally Posted by rtz13

indifferent.gif
Same with me. I was heated, cause I knew it was gonna be over in seconds.

BJ is my fav fighter, but that was the most depressing fight i have ever seen. Bj was dominated. He should just stay at LW . The good thing is atleast he isstill the lw champ.
eyes.gif

Damn, GSP is a monster. I can't wait for Alves/St. Pierre though. I think Thiago can do it man, he's big enough, and he's definitely a betterstriker than GSP, the only question is whether he can defend the takedown.

just got home from the bar.

awesome card. Jon Jones is a champion waiting in line...give him a few more years he'll be wrecking that weight class. Wrestling+Striking = goodfoundation.

We spot checked by some cops on our way home asking if our Canadian boy won...lol.

btw, I didnt know DIEGO is going LIGHTWEIGHT? I think this aint gonna work for him unless he starts cutting weight NOW so his system can get used to it. I seehim winning in the early rounds but not the 3rd and so on.

EDIT:

Is anyone convinced about Karo's win? (coz I'm not). It was basically a Judo match and if were to base my judging, DHK had more take downs and moreeffective striking. Karo's edge was avoiding the submissions, I think GJ trained him hard for that.

And my man Machida! Proving all the haters wrong. I seriously don't see Rashad beating this man...
I lost some money tonight because of this match.

I knew Machida was a logical bet but I loved the way Thiago fights(made me a believer when he hammered Alexander bad). I guess he's waiting for theRamp-Jardine match now and he'll take whoever.

laugh.gif
@ the threads @ Sherdog
smh.gif

tired.gif
@ Penn. Dude gassed and GSP is clearly the better fighter. Fedor andGSP are 1 and 2 IMO.

If, and thats a big if, Alves can keep the fight standing up, he has a chance. But judging by GSP's last few fights, GSP will take it to the ground andound Alves out.

And my man Machida! Proving all the haters wrong. I seriously don't see Rashad beating this man...

i dont sprint cause im lazy but a trainer told me that this is some of the best conditioning u can do, especially if u hit the pads right after

Originally Posted by BlackCease

Damn, GSP is a monster. I can't wait for Alves/St. Pierre though. I think Thiago can do it man, he's big enough, and he's definitely a better striker than GSP, the only question is whether he can defend the takedown.
i dont know if alves is a better striker but his muay thai is very crisp, problem is that he might not be able to handle GSPs athleticism

Originally Posted by piczon1983

BJ is my fav fighter, but that was the most depressing fight i have ever seen. Bj was dominated. He should just stay at LW . The good thing is atleast he is still the lw champ.
eyes.gif

GSP absolutely dominated the fight it was depressing...poor BJ. Ironic how BJ called him a quitter in the pre-fight shows.

Machida dominated and Jon Jones was sick to watch.

Man, my man bj lost. he's my favorite fighter and to see him get dominated was just sad
frown.gif
. i think welterweight is too much for him and his natural place is lightweight.this event wasn't all that either. the whole night was decisions except for the last 2. atleast machida cheered me up with that unbelievable performance.silva is a brawler, which played perfect in machida's game plan.

I'm not a die hard MMA fan (boxing fan here) but i watch all of BJ's fights. I'm disappointed like most of the fellow BJ fans. Most painful fighti watched... kept hoping he'd just out-box GSP like what he did to Sherk, but GSP just too powerful, too skillful... I was worried during theintroductions when BJ looked kinda nervous (he didnt' look like that against Sherk) and he didn't do his trademark face slap. GSP's eyes are stonecold and focused. I'm very impressed with GSP's focus, hard work, and dedication. If BJ would lose a fight, I'm glad its to someone humble likeGSP. He's a great ambassador to the sport. Both him and Anderson Silva are just great role models to future MMA fighters.

Still disappointed though
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom