Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

smh @ bj ... gsp was waaaay to buff for him to fight. utterly dominated. gsp still a beast tho, i like em both.
thought kdh got robbed.
lyoto is my dude still.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

indifferent.gif
at White.

Rampage had his chance. He's still going to be around for a while, it's Machida's time to shine now.
QFT

my hate for dana just escalates
mad.gif
I hope that scum gets fired orsomething, he is honestly the worst
sick.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The only thing to consider now is who is the best p4p fighter in MMA? Anderson Silva? Fedor? Faber? GSP? You could even say Lesnar based on how much of a beast he is.

faber doesnt even dwell in the same universe with the likes of silva and gsp. or even bj.
He embarressed Jens Pulver twice, a guy that beat up BJ Penn pretty bad not too long ago....The last time was in 90 seconds. Of course he belongs in talks as the best p4p. He's a freak in the ring. He dominates his weight classs.

7 years isnt too long ago?

how about the fight a year and a half ago that bj dominated and beat jens to a pulp before choking him out?

jens pulver is no measuring stick in modern day mma. he's lost 5 of his last 6 and he's 4-7 since the beginning of 05.

i guarantee you silva, gsp, bj, etc would not be ko'd by the likes of mike brown.

faber cant even see the elite of the mma world.

If Silva, GSP or BJ fought Mike Brown...they would probably get carried away in handcuffs....because no fight organization in their right mind would would match up those fighters. They are even close to being in the same weight class....What the hell are you talking about?

Faber hasn't even really been challeneged in his professional career. He lost to Mike Brown because he got cute. He tried a no look spining elbow and got rocked by an excellenct striker. It was bound to happen sooner or later. He had a habit of carelessness and trying to excite the crowd because he is the WEC posterboy and has gone relatively unchallenged. It happens to all prodigies.

Who is the elite of the MMA world that Faber can't see?

Haze, you're trying to have an INTELLIGENT discussion with this dude. And that just is not possible unless both parties are intelligent. You're justgoing to drive yourself crazy. Best to ignore.

Longtime Machida fan. Even bigger fan after last night. That trip/throw at the end was crazy. Getting outside Thiago's left elbow and spinning him likethat. Unreal. I think that's why he caught him. Had he thrown him straight back, he might not have been able to follow up with punches as easily. Thiagowould likely have been waiting for him. But I think Thiago was sort of disoriented from the spin, that it was easier for Lyoto to land that follow-up punchFLUSH.

With that said, Rampage deserves his shot. He's beaten the cream of the crop at LHW (though some of them are aging). Lost a close, some would saycontroversial decision for the belt.

He was ready to fight Rashad but Rashad passed on the fight so quickly after his fight with Forrest. Can't blame him. He fought Forrest for the titlepretty quickly after fighting Chuck. Rampage/Shad should already be on the books.

You guys are quick to say Machida should get the shot. For beating Soko (who turned out to be a bum), Tito, and Thiago? OK.......and yes I know that Page,Silva, Nog all got quick shots after wins over lower tier fighters, but those 3 were far more established in MMA than Machida when they arrived in the UFC.Machida just had his 6th fight. Rashad had 8 before he fought for the title, that fight being his 9th. And Rashad was on TV every week before that. You guyshave to understand that this is a business, and the ability to sell PPV's also means something.

Don't get me wrong. He's now one of the top 2 contenders. But acting like Rampage fighting before him is some slight to Lyoto is a bit much. Funny thatsomeone would say Rampage is "going to be around for a while". Lyoto isn't?

I could actually see them putting Lyoto against winner Lidell/Shogun or against Forrest (pretty much what they did with Rashad when they had him fight Chuck)before he fights for the title. Have him beat one of the UFC's household names. Then he'll be able to sell some PPV's as well.

Ah yes, one last thing (and hopefully I can really stay away from the nonsense in here. Just waiting for this %%%%$!! Football game)....

Jon Jones may have put on the most amazing display I've ever seen in the Octogon from one fighter in one fight. And he's 21?

Haze, you're trying to have an INTELLIGENT discussion with this dude. And that just is not possible unless both parties are intelligent. You're just going to drive yourself crazy. Best to ignore.

seriously give it a rest already. you must be the most intelligent person on nt, simply because you almost always feel the need to state so before you postanything.

from what ive seen you seem to think you are the authority on all things, from sports to music or otherwise. what a treat for the rest of the boards that allthat knowledge has been instilled in one person.
eyes.gif

constantly stating that you 'have to interject some reality' into a post or 'stay away from this thread' clearly shows that you need toconvince yourself that your opinion is an intelligent one, and then after you've convinced yourself you make it convenient for yourself to not have tosupport or defend your argument in any way.

so get off your *!%% ing high horse because you're the farthest thing from intelligent ive seen on this board. in fact you're little more than anarrogant poser who really appears to need to feel important in some way no matter how small.

but how could i be surpised i mean, you are self described as 'ill'. anyone who uses such clever and original slang must be insanely intelligent.
eyes.gif

now that ive 'interjected some reality' into this thread, 'ill just stay away from it because you all are just too stupid' .

ive never seen a single intelligent thing from you.

eat @!%$ .

mh6pva.jpg

Haze, you're trying to have an INTELLIGENT discussion with this dude. And that just is not possible unless both parties are intelligent. You're just going to drive yourself crazy. Best to ignore.

seriously give it a rest already. you must be the most intelligent person on nt, simply because you almost always feel the need to state so before you post anything.

from what ive seen you seem to think you are the authority on all things, from sports to music or otherwise. what a treat for the rest of the boards that all that knowledge has been instilled in one person.
eyes.gif

constantly stating that you 'have to interject some reality' into a post or 'stay away from this thread' clearly shows that you need to convince yourself that your opinion is an intelligent one, and then after you've convinced yourself you make it convenient for yourself to not have to support or defend your argument in any way.

so get off your *!%% ing high horse because you're the farthest thing from intelligent ive seen on this board. in fact you're little more than an arrogant poser who really appears to need to feel important in some way no matter how small.

but how could i be surpised i mean, you are self described as 'ill'. anyone who uses such clever and original slang must be insanely intelligent.
eyes.gif

now that ive 'interjected some reality' into this thread, 'ill just stay away from it because you all are just too stupid' .

ive never seen a single intelligent thing from you.

eat @!%$ .

mh6pva.jpg

A wise man named Cameron Giles once said...

0b1350b24e206b93fc6073a2e1cb545a995734f.jpg

anybody thinks this sets up UFC 100 to have most titles on the line now?

Penn vs Kenny Florian

GSP vs Thiago Alves

Anderson Silva(provided he beats Leites) vs ???

Rampage/Lyoto vs Rashad

machida deserves his shot. theres no point dogging him, hes proven enough. the man doesn't even take punishment and just keeps piling on the Ws what moredoes dana wants. it probably has to do with the fact that a guy like rampage is also more marketable to the masses than machida.

Thoughts on UFC 94:

-GSP was very impressive last night in his thorough domination of BJ. I'm a fan of both, but I was definitely rooting for GSP that fight. Of course, Ididn't expect BJ to gas that quickly. It didn't seem like he was trying to put up a fight in the last 2 rounds. I thought the fight would be morecompetitive, but nonetheless it was exciting. GSP vs. Thiago Alves will be a good bout. BJ should stick to fighting @ 155 where he is a monster. Bring on KennyFlorian!

-Machida's performance should shut up his critics. After beating Thiago Silva the way he did, I think he proved he deserves a shot @ Rashad's LHWbelt. Dana White will probably give Rampage a shot first if he beats Jardine (which he should do so easily), even though IMO Machida deserves it more. But I doagree that Rashad vs. Machida probably isn't the most marketable fight (although it would make a good fight). Thiago Silva is still young, and he willdefinitely bounce back to be a force @ 205. No shame in losing to Machida, who proved last night what he could do against an opponent who's not afraid toengage.

-Speaking of future contenders @ 205, Jon Jones definitely belongs on that list. He's only 21 & he'll only get better with more experience.Bonnar may not be a top-level guy in the LHW division (although I am a fan of his), but a win over him is impressive. In 2 years or so, Jones will be talkedabout when discussing the top contenders @ 205. This fight should open many people's eyes to Jon Jones.

-Karo vs. Kim was an absolute disappointment. I was expecting a battle of 2 judo experts w/some sick throws, but instead it ended up being a prettyuneventful stalemate. Even though he won, I think Karo's days as being an elite WW are over. It's a shame as he's only 26 & he was one of thereasons I became a hardcore MMA fan again, but it might be safe to say he's past his prime already. It's too bad because he has the skills butdoesn't have the heart from what I see. I had high hopes for Kim when he debuted in the UFC, but it doesn't seem he'll get past gatekeeper status,especially w/Anthony Johnson's probable rise to elite status within the next year & the additions of Carlos Condit & Martin Kampann @ 170. Heshould be fighting in the octagon for a while, though.

-It looks like Clay Guida is the Jason MacDonald of 155. I don't mean that they hold similar positions in their respective divisions, as Guida is adefinite contender & MacDonald is at most a gatekeeper @ 185 (not doubting his talent, as he is always a tough fight for anyone not named Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Nathan Marquardt & Demian Maia). I mean that Guida is the LW "TUF killer", as he has had 2 solid wins against 2 TUF champions inNate Diaz & Mac Danzig. It'll be hard to overlook Guida as a contender now. Maybe he should fight the winner of Sanchez vs. Stevenson to see where hereally stands in the division. Nate Diaz will definitely bounce back tho. His style of taking punishment then catching his opponent w/a sub wasn't thesmartest way to fight Guida. He still has a boatload of potential.

I still haven't seen the undercard fights, so I can't really comment on them right now.

Don't think it would make a difference in the outcome of the fight...

But was it true that BJ Penn had the stomach flu or something like that prior to the fight?

clutch..you're obviously mad..just stop embarrassing yourself

..is that dude that kisses b.j penn micky avalon of "my !%%@" fame?

clutch..you're obviously mad..just stop embarrassing yourself
you're attempting to tell someone else about their emotional state by reading print.

that embarrassment is all on you skip.

the greased gsp gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by doyung9

- anyone else hear about the "greasing" incident in GSP's corner?

i did. but dana's saying that it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight either way, i dont know though
see, I agree with Dana, and then I don't.

I'm a BJ Penn fan, and I can admit, he got thoroughly dominated. But then, being a pretty knowledgeable fan of MMA, I know that a fight can end in 1second, and if GSP really was greasing, the fight needs to be a NC, because you never know if BJ might have caught him in something on the ground or not.

It's like, if he was cheating, no one person can be the judge as to whether or not it would have affected the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom