Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Inside MMA looks good.

BTW, Not sure but just in case, Not sure if it's gonna be on tape delay in the states?

SPOILERS:

K-1 Heroes LW GP:

Takenori Sato def. Kenji Nagai by Submission (Armbar) 2:40 R1
Kazuyuki Miyata def. Harvey Harra by Submission (Armbar) 1:13 R1
Andre Dida def. Caol Uno - Unanimous Decision (2 Rds)
Gesias JZ Calvancanti def. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro - TKO (Ref Stoppage - Strikes) 0:35 R1
Ikuhisa Minowa def. Kevin Casey - TKO (Ref Stoppage - Strikes) 0:42 R2
Dong Sik Yoon def. Zelg Galesic - Submission (Armbar) 1:29 R1
Melvin Manhoef def. Fabio Silva - TKO (Ref Stoppage - Strikes) 1:00 R1
Sergei Kharitonov def. Alistair Overeem - TKO (Ref Stoppage - Strikes) 4:21 R1
Kazushi Sakuraba def. Katsuyori Shibata - Submission (Armbar) 6:20 R1
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto def. Bibiano Fernandes - Unanimous Decision (3 Rds)

HERO'S MIDDLEWEIGHT GP (155lb, 70kg) FINAL
Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti def. Andre Dida - Submission (Armbar) 4:48 R1

I heard the Kid fight and Uno fight was a bit fishy. Got to catch the whoopin' JZ give to Shaolin. :pimp:
pimp.gif
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Haven't been in here in a bit. Been keeping my MMA talk to the appropriate message boards.

Great to see Rampage defend his belt.
Sad to see Cro Cop continue to fall.
Lost a LOT of respect for Bisping.

Need to watch the Lawler/Ninja, Shields/Charu-TO and Nick Diaz fights tonight.

Can't wait to see how Shogun fairs in the cage.

Quote:
how is that list any better than franklin's?

macdonald, okami, louiseau, tanner(2),shamrock
TEAM AM FAM
[email protected]/AIM illphillip
AF1 4 Sale: Puerto Rico 5 Sz. 9.5/Halloween 1 Sz. 9.5
MORE AF1 HEAT Sz 9.5 10 in Buy/Sell (no 25th Ann.....)

It really might take JZ's swag to bring the best outta Gomi and Penn, but i think JZ has a better overall game than Gomi and would really have his toughest fights vs. Gilbert and Penn. Dude straight up bodied Shaolin (who i picked to win) like he owed him some money

2 time defending K-1 Hero's GP winner= certified animal status

JZ is promising, very well rounded. Not top 3 though. He doesn't match up well with Penn or any other giant LW in the UFC who have good stand up and take down defense like Sherk, Maynard, and Griffin.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Wanted to give this thread a bump considering tonight's card and the premier of Ultimate Figher. Card starts at 9 PM EST on Spike with UF coming on immediately afterwards.

Damn tickets still available for UFC 76...damn its so hard to fight the urge to buy some considering honda center is just around the corner

:smh:
smh.gif
@ me bein too lazy to go out with some friends and cop some cheap @#%$ tix

Looks like a good UFN tonight, and I agree JZ is up there, but not up there with the best @ 155.

Him vs. Gomi would be a great fight though, hopefully Gomi joins Heros and they can go at it. Does anyone else think their belts are really ugly though? Sure its just a belt, but DAMN. :x
sick.gif

Goooooooooonies
You Ever Wonder What it All Really Mean?​

Haven't been in this post in quite some time because I've haven't been around a computer the last few major shows.

Good to be back.

This is bugging me out not having announcing.

Here are the preliminary fight results from tonight:

Results from tonight's show at The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas:

Dustin Hazelett b Jonathan Goulet with an armbar in 1:14 from the bottom

Thiago Alves b Kuniyoshi Hironaka in 4:04 of the seconnd round

Gray Maynard b Joe Veres with a superman punch in :09. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this one on television.

Cole Miller b Leonard Garcia via scores of 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27 over three rounds

I dont get why they let Mac Danzig on the show. It's like putting a pitbull in a room full of poodles. Dude doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Quote:
I dont get why they let Mac Danzig on the show. It's like putting a pitbull in a room full of poodles. Dude doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Back
Top Bottom