Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
You guys are not giving Cheick Kongo any credit :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM KOBE Member #1

yeah franklin is the real deal.

Yeah he got demolished last time he fought Silva but something was off with him that night.

Silva/Franklin 2 should be a good one.

franklin hendo would be a good matchup as well. franklin is huge at 185 and a competent enough wrestler to give hendo a run for his money.

another unification with hendo and franklin/silva? :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
Rich isn't touching Spider or Hendo right now. Too be honest, he hasn't beat anyone worth noting. His biggest win is probably against Shamrock and Shamrock was wayyyyyyyyyy past his prime already.

his march back to the title shot wasnt exactly a cake walk. macdonald and okami are both extremely talented.

not like he only had to beat chris lyttle to get a shot at matt friggin serra. :rolleyes
eyes.gif
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

fall off the planet? Rich is one of the smartest, strongest fighters out there. With only 2 loses and 22 wins, 20 by either knock out or submission. BEAST

Rich isn't touching Spider or Hendo right now. Too be honest, he hasn't beat anyone worth noting. His biggest win is probably against Shamrock and Shamrock was wayyyyyyyyyy past his prime already.

NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Franklin isn't touching Hendo's wrestling...

Quote:
his march back to the title shot wasnt exactly a cake walk. macdonald and okami are both extremely talented.

I'm sorry, but MacDonald and Okami are good fighters, but they're not great by any means. Filho, Silva, Hendo, Lindland, and Kang are the cream of the crop fighters of that division.
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
^rampage really wasnt supposed to either.

He wasn't?... Page is a much better wrestler then Franklin and even then, Page held his own, but Hendo dominated when it came to the wrestling in that fight.

Quote:
I figured you would say that, I could say the same for Silva, fought alot of unknowns and crappy fighters
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
ok. Mach but Newton sucks

Yeah, Newton sucks now. It's not like he fought Newton pass his prime like Franklin did Shamrock.

Quote:
how is that list any better than franklin's?

macdonald, okami, louiseau, tanner(2),shamrock

neither list has any elite level fighters.

that speaks a lot to the state of the middleweight division worldwide.
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
and what are you doing with newton?

his record is 25-12.

he has never beat anyone of consequence.

miletich for the ww title is hisbiggest win and tho pat is a fantastic trainer he is a mediocre fighter.

if newton and tanner ever matched up i would bet on tanner in a second.
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
Now listing MacDonlad, old man Sham, and Okami and calling them great fighters?...

okay, lets ckeck that out then shall we?

Quote:
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
my reading must be bad cuz i dont see the word great in there anywhere.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Yes because saying extremely talented isn't provoking something... Don't backtrack buddy.

Quote:
If macdonald wasnt on the wrong side of thirty i would say he'd be a top teir fighter in a couple of years.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Next to Dean Lister, he is probably the most one dimensional fighter in the UFC.

Quote:
okami on the other hand has huge upside. he's a good wrestler with great strengh and a nice ground and pound game. with some more rounding out of his game he could be title contender.
:wow:
eek.gif
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
I would say the winner of Shogun/Forrest. Shogun's on the fast ttrack there anyway and if forrest wins, well then he beat shoun.

Evans if he can beat tito possibly.

Liddell would have to win 2 or 3 to get back in the picture. He definitely does deserve a rematch after one like is the norm but rampage has already beat him twice.

TEAM CIRCUMSIZED​
I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

UFC 75 SETS RECORDS

www.mmaweekly.com/absolut...7&zoneid=2At one point during the title bout between Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson, there were approximately 5.6 million viewers tuned in, according to David Schwartz of Spike TV.

UFC 75 actually outdrew any other televised program during the same time period on Saturday night in the hotly contested advertising demographics of Men 18-34 and Men 18-49. The competition in that time period included offerings of college football on ABC and ESPN, NASCAR on ABC, and the U.S. Open Womens Final on CBS.

The ratings are further proof that the tide in American sports is changing, said Kevin Kay, General Manager, Spike TV. Young men, who constitute the Spike TV core audience, prefer the incredible action and athleticism of the UFC to more traditional sports.

UFC President Dana White was understandably touting the achievements of the promotions latest move into the U.K. and on American television. Not only did UFC 75 showcase the bout that unified the 205 lb Pride and UFC titles, it did so in front of a record breaking crowd at the O2 Arena in London, and in front of the largest U.S. audience to ever tune in to an MMA card during its Spike TV telecast.

According to statistics provided by Spike TV, UFC 75 scored 2,503,000 Men 18-49 compared to 2.3 million for Oregon vs. Michigan on ABC; 2.1 million for NASCAR on ABC; 1.3 million for Virginia Tech vs. LSU on ESPN; 1.3 million for Notre Dame vs. Penn St on ESPN, and 546,000 for the U.S. Open Womens Final on CBS.

In the Men 18-34 demographic UFC 75 on Spike TV scored 1,622,000 viewers compared to 1.2 million for Oregon vs. Michigan on ABC; 717,000 for NASCAR on ABC; 656,000 million for Virginia Tech vs. LSU on ESPN; 687,000 for Notre Dame vs. Penn St on ESPN and 190,000 for the U.S. Open Womens Final on CBS.

Overall, the Spike TV telecast drew a 3.1 rating (3.0 million homes), 5.7 Men 18-34 (1.6 million), 4.5 in M18-49 (2.5 million), and 6.2 rating in M25-34 (1.0 million).

[UPDATE] The quarter-hour ratings for UFC 75 are now available, and they reveal that UFC 75 included the second and third most-watched fights in UFC history.

The most-watched fight in UFC history was Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock 3, which aired on October 10, 2006 and drew a 4.3 rating.

The five-round fight between Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson at UFC 75 drew a 3.8 rating, making it the second most-watched fight in UFC history.

In addition, the controversial fight between Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill drew a 3.4 rating, making it the third most-watched fight in UFC history. Bisping's previous fight, a win over Elvis Sinosic at UFC 70, drew a 1.9 rating when it aired on Spike TV in April 2007. Hamill's previous fight on Spike TV, a win over Seth Petruzelli, drew a 2.7 rating when it aired on Spike TV in October 2006.

Cheick Kongo's unanimous decision win over Mirko Cro Cop drew a 3.1 rating, which was up significantly from the 2.2 rating that was drawn by Cro Cop's first fight on Spike TV, a knockout loss to Gabriel Gonzaga back in April.

Kicking off the UFC 75 broadcast was Houston Alexander's victory over Alessio Sakara, which drew a 2.3 rating; and Marcus Davis' dramatic comeback victory over Paul Taylor, which drew a 2.8 rating.

The high ratings for UFC 75 could not have come at a better time for Zuffa, which is in the midst of contract renewal negotiations with Spike TV. According to reports in both MultiChannel News and Variety, the new deal is expected to cost Spike TV over $100 million, and that amount is only going to be solidified or increased by the impressive ratings of UFC 75.

The next UFC event on Spike TV will be UFC Fight Night 11 on Wednesday, Sept. 19, with a main event of Din Thomas vs. Kenny Florian.

Dang I used to like Rich too till I realized son isn't that good. Lets date back to the Luosso(spelling) fight. Dude should have finished him way early even with the goose egg on Davids head he managed to almost knock Rich out late in the fight, but lose by decision.

As far as Silva goes, dude finishes his fights and has since he's entered the Octagon. He will finish Rich easy enough to where Dana won't do a Sliva/Franklin 3. That is unless Rich runs.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Elite XC Lawler/Ninja

September 15 on Showtime.

Main Card:
Murilo 'Ninja' Rua (Elite XC MW Champ) vs. Robbie Lawler (Icon Sport MW Champ) - for Elite XC title
Jake Shields vs. Renato 'Charuto' Verissimo
Nick Diaz vs. Mike Aina
Joey Villasenor vs. Riki Fukuda
Gina Carano vs. Tonya Evinger

Preliminary Bouts:
Chad Klingensmith vs. Brandon Wolff
Kala Kohole Hose vs. Jeff Fox
Mark Oshiro vs. Nui Wheeler
Mark Kurano vs. Jose Diaz
Justin Bucholz vs. Kolo Koka
Tyson Nam vs. Albert Manners

Nick Diaz coming back! Lawler/Ninja is gonna look like a bar fight. Why Shields/Charuto? I thought they were building up Charuto for their promotion?
NC STATE WOLFPACK​

Quote:
Why Shields/Charuto? I thought they were building up Charuto for their promotion?

hahahaha feeding someone to Shields is not a way to build a guy up. As an average MMA fan I wish Pro Elite would get more coverage cause Shields is exciting to watch.
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Quote:
hahahaha feeding someone to Shields is not a way to build a guy up. As an average MMA fan I wish Pro Elite would get more coverage cause Shields is exciting to watch.
NC STATE WOLFPACK

Back
Top Bottom