Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Did you guys see the UFC 104 card. Lookin' like one one of the better cards of the year:

* Champ Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light-heavyweight title)*
* Shane Carwin vs. Cain Velasquez*
* Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen
* Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau*
* Spencer Fisher vs. Joe Stevenson*
* Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida*
* Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer*
* Chase Gormley vs. Ben Rothwell*
* Rob Kimmons vs. Jorge Rivera*
* Patrick Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk*
* Razak Al-Hassan vs. Kyle Kingsbury*

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Did you guys see the UFC 104 card. Lookin' like one one of the better cards of the year:

* Champ Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light-heavyweight title)*
* Shane Carwin vs. Cain Velasquez*
* Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen
* Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau*
* Spencer Fisher vs. Joe Stevenson*
* Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida*
Is this in LA at Staples Center?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

^Decent card. Not great. Cain vs. Shane should be of interest.

I'm more excited about this card than I was for UFC 100.

WOW really??? I mean it looks decent, and I'll probably try to go just cause its in LA but I think this card falls short of UFC 100 by a long ways (in myopinion)

Champ Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light-heavyweight title) - Rua is a huge dog in this fight and for good reason. Unless theunified rules all of a sudden allow soccer kicks or head stomps to a grounded opponent I dont know how Shogun is going to pull this one out.

Shane Carwin vs. Cain Velasquez - Time to see which one of these two is the real deal. Very intriguing matchup and it should shake up the future of the HWdivision. Arguably the most anticipated fight on the card, atleast for me.

Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen - If any NTer is at Staples for this event and this fight does NOT go to decision, come and find me and I will buy you a beer. Seriously. I like Okami even though he's not the most exciting fighter to watch. The MMAthematicians really gassed up Sonnen after he beat a mentallyunstable Paulo Filho twice (1st fight was a bogus stoppage) but those fights spoke more of Filho's lack of heart than it did of Sonnen's ability. Itsgoing to be 2 dudes grinding it out with Yushin taking the UD.

Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau - I never get excited about watching Sherk unless he is on the receiving end of a beatdown from BJ or GSP. Gleison seems to be avery average fighter at best, although the ATT guys typically bring it in terms of aggression.

Spencer Fisher vs. Joe Stevenson - Battle of the gatekeepers. If Stevenson decides to keep it on his feet and bang with Fisher it could make for aninteresting fight. This fight has virtually no title implications as neither of these guys is ever going to get a sniff at #1 contender status again (unlessthe entire division gets wiped clean).

Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida - Now this fight I am excited to see. I hope the UFC takes its time building up Rumble so he can round out his gamebefore making a run at upper tier competition. Yoshida is no slouch though. Sure he got brutally KO'd by Kos, and while that is possible against a guywith devastating power like Johnson, I think this could turn out to be a great battle.

I ran out of steam on some of the undercard fights. Bader v. Schafer might be interesting. Schafer's been doin pretty solid as of late and I would liketo see what type of sub-defense Bader has. Dont know anything about this dude Gormley, but lets see if Rothwell can bring it and make some noise in the UFC.

Dreamforce?
laugh.gif

Halfway around the globe, Dream is expected to announce an "alliance" with Strikeforce, the result of a longstanding relationship between Scott Coker and the Japanese promotion.

The Strikeforce CEO has maintained a good relationship with promoter Kazuyoshi Ishii from Dream parent company Fight Entertainment Group, whom he worked with for eight years as the U.S. promoter of K-1 kickboxing. The alliance formalizes that relationship.

In a Tuesday interview with MMAWeekly.com, Coker likened the deal to post-season baseball where teams of different leagues face off, pairing better players against one another.

"At the beginning of this MMA relationship, we had talked about having Dream fighters come over, and our fighters go over there, and having this relationship," Coker told MMAWeekly.com. "Well, we all got busy and we never really had the opportunity when they wanted Jake (Shields) to fight over there and when we wanted (Shinya) Aoki, he was scheduled to fight. Now we're going to be able to put those dream fights together."

The talent exchange between the promotions will be exclusive.

"If we want to get Japanese fighters, we would work exclusively with Dream, and Dream would work exclusively with us, and M-1 as well," said Coker. "M-1 will be part of this too."

He said Mitsuhiro Ishida, who first fought for Strikeforce last September and will rematch Gilbert Melendez after lightweight champion Josh Thomson withdrew due to injury, was the first commitment to the new deal.

Future fights he looked forward to seeing included Fedor Emelianenko vs. Sergei Kharitonov, Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhoef, and the American debut of Shinya Aoki (asked how Aoki would do without his trademark pants, Coker said, "that's a good question. People are going to have to tune in to Showtime to find out").

The new alliance does not, however, entail any fiscal commitment from either side, nor is it related to the closing on Sunday of a deal between Emelianenko, M-1 Global, and Strikeforce, Coker said. Despite a well-placed source outside Strikeforce who on Monday said the Japanese promotion had helped bridge the financial gap between Emelianenko's asking price and Strikeforce's offer, Coker said the two are unrelated.

"This is a deal that I've wanted to make happen where we could start utilizing the fighters and having a good relationship with Dream," he said. "So I've been working on this for a while, and it just happened to come down at the same time as the announcement.

"Now that the Fedor announcement is out there, we said, 'let's go make this Dream thing happen.'"

Prized acquisition Emelianenko has stated his desire to fight on New Year's Eve in Japan once again, and while Coker said, "the door is open," he hadn't discussed the possibility with Dream reps. For now, the top-ranked heavyweight's Strikeforce debut is confirmed for a Showtime broadcast in the fall, presumably in October, where Coker said his opponent remains TBA.

As for the multitude of other fights possible with the alliance, Coker said it was a good time to be an MMA fan.

"I think it's important, because as a fan, I think they're going to get some amazing fights that would not happen if the alliance wasn't created," he said.

Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida - Now this fight I am excited to see. I hope the UFC takes its time building up Rumble so he can round out his game before making a run at upper tier competition. Yoshida is no slouch though. Sure he got brutally KO'd by Kos, and while that is possible against a guy with devastating power like Johnson, I think this could turn out to be a great battle.

Yoshida is dope...he trains with the Jackson camp right?..he's getting some tough matchups in the UFC though. I don't see him beatingRumble.

I personally can't wait for the WEC event. I gotta support the Sacramento/Alpha Male dudes - Joseph Benavidez and Danny Castillo. I also see Torressmashing Bowles and Mizugaki either winning by TKO or losing by early sub.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida - Now this fight I am excited to see. I hope the UFC takes its time building up Rumble so he can round out his game before making a run at upper tier competition. Yoshida is no slouch though. Sure he got brutally KO'd by Kos, and while that is possible against a guy with devastating power like Johnson, I think this could turn out to be a great battle.
Yoshida is dope...he trains with the Jackson camp right?..he's getting some tough matchups in the UFC though. I don't see him beating Rumble.

I personally can't wait for the WEC event. I gotta support the Sacramento/Alpha Male dudes - Joseph Benavidez and Danny Castillo. I also see Torres smashing Bowles and Mizugaki either winning by TKO or losing by early sub.
Torres will run through Bowles undoubtedly.

ive BEEN saying for the better part of the last year and a half now that Anthony Johnson is the guy the watch. Dude is TOO explosive!

he's just gotta work on that ground game and his sprawls and he'll be alright

I can't see Torres running through Bowles when Torres has had back and forth fights with fighters less, IMO, then Bowles.

i'm really looking forward to ufc 103 just from the fights vitor belfort vs rich franklin and cro cop vs santos. big fan of both vitor and cro cop and ihope they come out with the wins.

and it'll be interesting to see frank trigg back to the ufc but i'll take kos in that fight.

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

Since this is only a 3 round fight Silva won't take so long to feel his opponent out, 2 minutes at most. Forrest will throw punches, all of which Andersonwill dodge while he circles.

This is how the fight will end:

After taking punches to the face and some leg kicks, Forrest will attempt to wrap his arms around Anderson's upper body to bring him down or go for thetakedown. Because Anderson is so fast, he will punch Forrest on the way in (most likely uppercuts), dazing him, leaving him open for the head kick. In the caseof the takedown, he'll knee Forrest in the face as he shoots. In both cases, Forrest will fall to the floor where and Anderson will punch him in the faceuntil the ref saves his life.

Silva will win via TKO (stoppage) in the 2nd rd latest.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

Since this is only a 3 round fight Silva won't take so long to feel his opponent out, 2 minutes at most. Forrest will throw punches, all of which Anderson will dodge while he circles.

After taking punches to the face and some leg kicks, Forrest will attempt to wrap his arms around Anderson's upper body to bring him down or go for the takedown. Because Anderson is so fast, he will punch Forrest on the way in (most likely uppercuts), dazing him, leaving him open for the head kick. In the case of the takedown, he'll knee Forrest in the face as he shoots. In both cases, Forrest will fall to the floor where and Anderson will punch him in the face until the ref saves his life.

OR forest takes him down and slowly ground and pounds him 3 rounds and wins by decision. And also you guys are forgetting this is the same Forest Griffin whowas taking punches from Rampage who DESTORYED Wanderla (sp). Obviously Anderson Silva is more precise with his punches but all im saying is if you watch theRich Franklin fight he took a HUGE beating and was staying up even though he lost IMO forest has a amazing chin and it will be hard for Anderson to get 1 to 2punches to rock forest. And lastly you guys have to remember forest is amazing at executing game plans via Rampage leg kicks In conclusion Forest GriffinUnanmious decision

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by quik1987

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

Since this is only a 3 round fight Silva won't take so long to feel his opponent out, 2 minutes at most. Forrest will throw punches, all of which Anderson will dodge while he circles.

After taking punches to the face and some leg kicks, Forrest will attempt to wrap his arms around Anderson's upper body to bring him down or go for the takedown. Because Anderson is so fast, he will punch Forrest on the way in (most likely uppercuts), dazing him, leaving him open for the head kick. In the case of the takedown, he'll knee Forrest in the face as he shoots. In both cases, Forrest will fall to the floor where and Anderson will punch him in the face until the ref saves his life.

OR forest takes him down and slowly ground and pounds him 3 rounds and wins by decision. And also you guys are forgetting this is the same Forest Griffin who was taking punches from Rampage who DESTORYED Wanderla (sp). Obviously Anderson Silva is more precise with his punches but all im saying is if you watch the Rich Franklin fight he took a HUGE beating and was staying up even though he lost IMO forest has a amazing chin and it will be hard for Anderson to get 1 to 2 punches to rock forest. And lastly you guys have to remember forest is amazing at executing game plans via Rampage leg kicks In conclusion Forest Griffin Unanmious decision

Excellent use of MMATH
laugh.gif
realistically I had Rampage winning that fight. You're also forgetting Forrest doesn't respond to damage very well, likewhen he was tooled by Evans who doesn't have 1/4 the sharpness of Anderson. Also "Wanderla (sp)?" WHAT KIND OF MMA FAN ARE YOU? LOL

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

OR forest takes him down and slowly ground and pounds him 3 rounds and wins by decision. And also you guys are forgetting this is the same Forest Griffin who was taking punches from Rampage who DESTORYED Wanderla (sp). Obviously Anderson Silva is more precise with his punches but all im saying is if you watch the Rich Franklin fight he took a HUGE beating and was staying up even though he lost IMO forest has a amazing chin and it will be hard for Anderson to get 1 to 2 punches to rock forest. And lastly you guys have to remember forest is amazing at executing game plans via Rampage leg kicks In conclusion Forest Griffin Unanmious decision

so many things wrong with this.

1. wanderlei DESTROYED jackson too. Twice.

2. franklin got annihilated and quickly. i dont even know what you're taking about there, saying he did well in any regard is bafoonery.

3. as for forrest's chin, he has been stopped by lesser strikers in rashad and jardine, who dont hit as hard or as precisely as silva.

4. fighter A will beat fighter B because he beat fighter C = fail.

i havent even decided on a prediction yet but your reasoning for your prediction is laughable.

in fact,
laugh.gif

READ THIS POST: Anderson Silva will LOSE and get KO'd the eff out. 2nd or third round. GuaranDAMNteed!! All you Anderson Silva Slurpees will be highlyDissapointed as Forrest stands over the unconscious body of Anderson the Spider Silva. The fight wqill definately go down, and Forrest will bring along hisRaid can
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Team Forrest > Team Spider!!
grin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Remember don't underestimate Forrest too much. Silva is tough but he isn't invincible
glasses.gif
Wait and see my dudes. Please tune in this Saturday to watch this epicmoment
pimp.gif
Peace.

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

READ THIS POST: Anderson Silva will LOSE and get KO'd the eff out. 2nd or third round. GuaranDAMNteed!! All you Anderson Silva Slurpees will be highly Dissapointed as Forrest stands over the unconscious body of Anderson the Spider Silva. The fight wqill definately go down, and Forrest will bring along his Raid can
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Remember don't underestimate Forrest too much. Silva is tough but he isn't invincible
glasses.gif
Wait and see my dudes. Please tune in this Saturday to watch this epic moment
pimp.gif
Peace.

WOW... talk about blind faith. Its been awhile and I probably need to change my sig up anyways. Care to do a sig bet Legend? WHEN Anderson wins, you changeyour sig to read in the biggest boldest letters allowed "MOJODMONKY1 > LEGENDK1LLER. HE IS A LIVING GOD AMONGST MEN"

deal?

I mean hell... if Forrest wins, I'm already goin to lose a pile of money. I might as well lose my dignity to go along with it.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

wow

you're the only one that is slurpin'

i would like to see forrest win too, but dam
It just bothers me seeing how bad and how weak they're making Forrest look. It's like with Anderson in the fight he's unbeatable.Forrest getting a decision is the only way he'll win? Really?
indifferent.gif
Thats just lame.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

READ THIS POST: Anderson Silva will LOSE and get KO'd the eff out. 2nd or third round. GuaranDAMNteed!! All you Anderson Silva Slurpees will be highly Dissapointed as Forrest stands over the unconscious body of Anderson the Spider Silva. The fight wqill definately go down, and Forrest will bring along his Raid can
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

glasses.gif
Wait and see my dudes. Please tune in this Saturday to watch this epic moment
pimp.gif
Peace.

WOW... talk about blind faith. Its been awhile and I probably need to change my sig up anyways. Care to do a sig bet Legend? WHEN Anderson wins, you change your sig to read in the biggest boldest letters allowed "MOJODMONKY1 > LEGENDK1LLER. HE IS A LIVING GOD AMONGST MEN"

deal?

I mean hell... if Forrest wins, I'm already goin to lose a pile of money. I might as well lose my dignity to go along with it.
Sigs aren't really my cup of tea in a bet
laugh.gif
But I betcash and cash only. I send it to whatever address you tell me. Just tell me how much your willing to put on your boy Silva. By K.O, TKO. Tapout etc.doesn't matter what round.as long as what YOU said happens. I'm a man of my word with money and bets. So please prceed with your bet sir.

Back
Top Bottom