Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

convenient for you all that your hindsight is 20/20. unfortunate for you that my foresight is the same.
laugh.gif

Why would having 20/20 hindsight be "convenient"? It already happened.

It's funny, because I've never said that I know more than the next man. I'll leave that to guys like you that feel have been able to"predict" the outcome of these fights.

But everything you typed in the quoted thread above is the exact reason why some people have refused to engage you in discussion. It's not that you'realways right. Guessing the outcome of a fight is 50/50. It's not like a playoff series where the better fighter typically comes out the winner. It'sthe reasoning. Not only if they'll win, but how.

Take your reasoning for your opinion on Houston Alexander. He's "too mechanical"? What does that even mean? His weakness in my 20/20 hindsightwas his turtle-like skills on his back and a glass chin.

You should just read what you type sometimes and imagine what it's like if someone else posted it towards you.

But I'll extract myself from this conversation. This is a waste of time. Clutch even went back and cut 'n paste to prove his point.

It's official. He's pissed farther than all of us.

Here is the only reason I see Anderson not wanting to permanently stay in the LHW division. Machida has the belt, Anderson has come out and said he wont fightMachida because its his "brother" and they wont ever fight, besides Machida is a bigger and better 205 fighter than me. So Anderson might not get achance at the title till someone beats The Dragon. Then again in the Middleweight division there isnt much talent to compete for the belt...catch-22?

Bastitch wrote:

convenient for you all that your hindsight is 20/20. unfortunate for you that my foresight is the same.

Guessing the outcome of a fight is 50/50. It's not like a playoff series where the better fighter typically comes out the winner. It's the reasoning. Not only if they'll win, but how.

Speak for yourself Bas. I can't miss
happy.gif

That being said, I think I just screwed myself for UFC 102. I am going to lose my entire bankroll and get blanked for patting myself on the back too much.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Bastitch wrote:

Guessing the outcome of a fight is 50/50. It's not like a playoff series where the better fighter typically comes out the winner. It's the reasoning. Not only if they'll win, but how.
Speak for yourself Bas. I can't miss
happy.gif

That being said, I think I just screwed myself for UFC 102. I am going to lose my entire bankroll and get blanked for patting myself on the back too much.

laugh.gif

That's true confidence right there.

I honestly don't think I know enough MMA to actually wager any money on it. I'd need to make non-monetary bets, like kicks to the +#%!@%% orsomething.

Really Clutch, you went diggin for points?! It's laughable really, not even anything to be so upset about.

I'm bitter as hell on Torres getting KO'd One of my favorite fighters.

You aren't the only one
smh.gif
. I felt a sort of emptiness inside me when he went down. Sorta like I felt when Serra caught GSP and Rashad put Chuck out.Sucks.

s5ixp0.gif

why do people keep saying forrest put up his hand to give up?

ive heard that in 2 separate places now. (actually it was probably the same douche from mmaw doing the write up and asking the question at the presser.)

the only reason his hands were up was because he was only semi-conscious and he thought the ref was silva rushing him on the ground. it was just instinct to defend himself.

Clutch if you look closely you can see Forrest shaking his head in that "spare my life" type steez

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by quik1987

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

Since this is only a 3 round fight Silva won't take so long to feel his opponent out, 2 minutes at most. Forrest will throw punches, all of which Anderson
will dodge while he circles.

This is how the fight will end:

After taking punches to the face and some leg kicks, Forrest will attempt to wrap his arms around Anderson's upper body to bring him down or go for the
takedown. Because Anderson is so fast, he will punch Forrest on the way in (most likely uppercuts), dazing him, leaving him open for the head kick. In the case
of the takedown, he'll knee Forrest in the face as he shoots. In both cases, Forrest will fall to the floor where and Anderson will punch him in the face
until the ref saves his life.

Silva will win via TKO (stoppage) in the 2nd rd latest.

OR forest takes him down and slowly ground and pounds him 3 rounds and wins by decision. And also you guys are forgetting this is the same Forest Griffin who was taking punches from Rampage who DESTORYED Wanderla (sp). Obviously Anderson Silva is more precise with his punches but all im saying is if you watch the Rich Franklin fight he took a HUGE beating and was staying up even though he lost IMO forest has a amazing chin and it will be hard for Anderson to get 1 to 2 punches to rock forest. And lastly you guys have to remember forest is amazing at executing game plans via Rampage leg kicks In conclusion Forest Griffin Unanmious decision

Also, I must say my prediction was pretty on point, except Forrest wasn't even in it long enough to attempt a takedown, and I thought he'd be able totake a few more punches.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Really Clutch, you went diggin for points?! It's laughable really, not even anything to be so upset about.

I'm bitter as hell on Torres getting KO'd One of my favorite fighters.

You aren't the only one
smh.gif
. I felt a sort of emptiness inside me when he went down. Sorta like I felt when Serra caught GSP and Rashad put Chuck out. Sucks.

Am I the only one in the minority here? I mean no doubt Torres has skills, but I just dont like the dude at all. I think he is overly cocky and overflowingwith the Napoleon complex. Can he kick MY $$+? Probably faster than I can say HELP! CALL 911! But from a fan's standpoint I just could not get behindthe dude. All he does is run his mouth about how awesome he is and how he is going to just decimate fools. In one of the pre-fight promos he was talkin abouthow he is going to end Bowles' career? Get over yourself man... if anything it looks like its his career thats on the ropes.

Of course hindsight is 20/20. I didnt think that Bowles was going to come in and utterly destroy him like that. That being said, I always had a little bit ofdoubt when they mentioned Miguel in the P4P conversation. Sure his record and win streak is impressive, but its not like he was just toying with dudes (likeSilva) or running roughshod over em (like GSP). Take for instance his fight with Mizugaki who was a huge underdog (didn't he even take the fight on shortnotice). That wasnt a 1 sided $$+ kicking. That was a back and forth war that Torres eventually got the better of. When's the last time you seen GSP orAnderson like that?

As crazy as it sounds, I think I was more amped and excited when Bowles landed that right hook than I was for any of the UFC 101 fights. Maybe its the sheershock and surprise. Or it was the fact that Torres got his comeuppance and got KTFO by a hardworking and humble fighter.

One last thing. As much as I dislike Torres for his personality, he did NOT deserve the beating that Bowles dished out. Josh Rosenthal needs to be firedand/or sanctioned for his piss poor ref job. He must have gone to the same two-bit refereeing school as Dan Mirgliotta. When Torres hit the ground and Bowleslanded those first 2 punches he was BARELY "intelligently defending" himself. Had the fight been stopped right then and there, I think it could beargued that it was a fair stoppage. After Bowles hit him with that 1 flush shot, you see Torres go limp and there is no question that the fight was done andshould have been stopped. Yet Rosenthal is looking in and watching as Bowles then proceeds to unload 3-4 punches to a limp and lifeless Torres before he jumpsin. Talk about ending careers. That can be a career ender right there. Who knows how Miguel is going to bounce back from a brutal KO like that.

Okay, in my defense damn it, I didn't think Chuck was washed up yet. And I was right, Rashard is tailor made for Chuck. Chuck likes beating up onwrestlers. You know damn well you had no idea that Rashard suddenly summonded the counter punching gods all of a sudden.
laugh.gif

But everything you typed in the quoted thread above is the exact reason why some people have refused to engage you in discussion. It's not that you're always right. Guessing the outcome of a fight is 50/50. It's not like a playoff series where the better fighter typically comes out the winner. It's the reasoning. Not only if they'll win, but how.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

Since this is only a 3 round fight Silva won't take so long to feel his opponent out, 2 minutes at most. Forrest will throw punches, all of which Anderson

After taking punches to the face and some leg kicks, Forrest will attempt to wrap his arms around Anderson's upper body to bring him down or go for the
takedown. Because Anderson is so fast, he will punch Forrest on the way in (most likely uppercuts), dazing him, leaving him open for the head kick. In the case
of the takedown, he'll knee Forrest in the face as he shoots. In both cases, Forrest will fall to the floor where and Anderson will punch him in the face

OR forest takes him down and slowly ground and pounds him 3 rounds and wins by decision. And also you guys are forgetting this is the same Forest Griffin who was taking punches from Rampage who DESTORYED Wanderla (sp). Obviously Anderson Silva is more precise with his punches but all im saying is if you watch the Rich Franklin fight he took a HUGE beating and was staying up even though he lost IMO forest has a amazing chin and it will be hard for Anderson to get 1 to 2 punches to rock forest. And lastly you guys have to remember forest is amazing at executing game plans via Rampage leg kicks In conclusion Forest Griffin Unanmious decision

Also, I must say my prediction was pretty on point, except Forrest wasn't even in it long enough to attempt a takedown, and I thought he'd be able to take a few more punches.

I'll take the L but your prediction was so off all you got right was he felt out Forrest for like 1 to 2 mins and he ko'd him.

^I think Rosenthal was giving Torres a few more shots to take because he was defending champ.

Although I completely agree with the notion of Miragliotta being a terrible ref, because he is.

Refined prediction*

Griffin vs. Silva

*fixed

rmjo8j.gif

GRIFFIN NOT REALLY INJURED, DEVASTATED WITH LOSS
Posted by MMA-Hits On August - 10 - 2009

After his embarrassing knockout loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 101 on Saturday night, former champion Forrest Griffin couldn't wait to get out of the Octagon. It was unclear if it was another case of "Run Forrrest Run" or rumored he maybe actually of suffered from a jaw injury seeking medical attention. But, I believe there is normally a doctor ringside. So, it did not make too much sense.
At the press conference after the fight, UFC president Dana White said he had not seen or heard from Forrest Griffin after the fight and that he could "in Georgia" at this time.
"He's an emotional guy," commented White. "He came into this fight confident that he was going to beat Anderson Silva."
This all started when reports emerged Sunday that Griffin had a jaw injury, and that was the reason for his hasty departure, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment, Griffin's management group, that he is physically fine following the Saturday night fight.
"Griffin suffered no broken jaw and he is physically okay"
, said the Zinkin representative, but emotionally he is definitely not dealing well with the loss.
Griffin, who is ranked as a top five light heavyweight, faced Silva Saturday night in the co-main event, and struggled with the Brazilian's speed and unbelievable accuracy during the bout.
After two knockdowns early in the round, Griffin was caught with a quick straight right hand that put him down on the canvas for the final time as he waived to the referee to stop the fight.

never really done much betting.

so exactly how much did you put down?

to come away with how much?

s5ixp0.gif

Clutch if you look closely you can see Forrest shaking his head in that "spare my life" type steez

honestly ive been looking at it a lot and i just dont see it. at least not as a gesture to the ref to give up.

i dont think he would be aware enough to do that by that point. i think it's safe to assume he was at the very least 90% in candyland by then.

and then a body rushes in his direction from his right he just throws up his hands in instinct to stop the pummeling.

it's certainly possible the head movement was just an instinct reaction to the impending punishment in a 'spare me' way but i really dont think itwas a conscious signal to stop the fight.

ref made the right call though. his limbs were all over place, no way he would have defended a follow up.

Depends on how much he puts down. Say the line is:

Fighter A: -185 (which would mean he's the favorite)
Fighter B: +150

For you to make $100 on Fighter A you have to put $185 down. If you put $100 down on fighter B, you make $150.

I kinda got F'd by one of my bookies on some shadyness that I am still trying to get worked out (I guess the bookie was still salty that Icleaned house with Brock, Henderson, and GSP last month? i guess comes with the territory when you are playing with a bookie instead of Vegas), so my totaloutlay for this event was less than I wanted.

This is what my total weekend play looked like

$50 at even money with NTer LegendK1ller (payment pending
happy.gif
)

$560 @ -280 on Silva to win $200 - If you guys remember back around page 390 of this thread, I posted up when I locked in this bet imploring all of you guys tohit the books HARD because this line was going to move drastically and anything remotely close to -300 range was a friggin bargain. I hope yall jumped on it.

$690 @ -230 blended rate on Penn to win $300 - This is where I got screwed. I had $330 locked in at -220. I had another $500 locked in at -225, and was goingto put in anothe $300-500 around -240 for a decent blended rate. When the bookie pulled the $500 @ -225 I was pretty pissed and it messed with my mental gamea little bit so I scaled back and only put another $360 @ -240 for a total blended rate of the -230.

$80 @ +170 on Pellgrino. Another bet where I got screwed. I had Batman locked in at +180 with the shady bookie but it got pulled. The best I could get theday of the fight was +170 so I got cheated a couple bucks.

I mean honestly, its not like I'm a high roller or anything like that. Winning $600 is nice, but its not like I can take that and buy a Bentley oranything hehehehe. I do it more as a hobby with a buddy of mine who is my betting partner, and its just an excuse for us to waste hours talking MMA andbreaking down and analyzing fights (i know... suspect right Legend? Talking to another heterosexual man about 2 half naked dudes hugging each other). I tryto keep my max cash outlay at $2,000 per event. If I lose a little bit here and there no big deal. If I get swept and lose more than $2,000 in one night myfiancee is probably making me sleep on the couch and that is something I would like to avoid.

What once seemed like one of the best mega-fight cards of the year has now been reduced to another decent Strikeforce event.
ohwell.gif

The rotating cast of characters that will make up the main card of "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg" has taken another hit, and a welterweight title matchup has today gone up in smoke.

After failing to appear for a pre-fight drug screen on Friday, and again today, Nick Diaz will not be licensed by the California State Athletic Commission for the Aug. 15 event at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that former "The Ultimate Fighter 7" contestant Jesse Taylor (13-3) will now face Diaz's original opponent, Jay Hieron.

As MMAjunkie.com previously reported, Strikeforce was holding out hope that Diaz would still be approved for the bout, but the welterweight missed today's re-scheduled "second chance" deadline set by the CSAC. Forced to take action, Strikeforce called on Taylor to fight on just five days' notice.

Infamous for his removal from "TUF 7" after qualifying for the season's finals, Taylor then lost by submission to C.B. Dollaway at UFC Fight Night 14 in July 2008. Taylor has since gone on to record seven-straight wins, including two victories in July. In fact, the bout will be Taylor's third in just five weeks.

While Diaz and Hieron were scheduled to meet for Strikeforce's vacant welterweight title, Coker confirmed the rescheduled matchup will be a non-title affair.

Coker also told MMAjunkie.com he is currently lobbying Showtime for permission to not only keep the Hieron vs. Taylor matchup on the evening's televised card, but to also promote a heavyweight contest between Mike Kyle and Fabricio Werdum to the Showtime-broadcast portion of the evening.

For complete coverage of "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Nick Diaz is one fighter I always look forward to watching. He brings it every fight. Ah well, let's hope JT Money doesn't resort back to his lay andpray methods and makes this a halfway exciting fight. Aside from the Women's Main Event, every other title fight was either scrapped or changed.
smh.gif

MAIN CARD
Gina Carano vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (for Strikeforce women's 145-pound title)
Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor
Champ Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi (for Strikeforce light heavyweight title)
Champ Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (for Strikeforce interim lightweight title)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)
Mike Kyle vs. Fabricio Werdum
Mike Cook vs. Scott Lighty
David "Tarzan" Douglas vs. Justin Wilcox
Zak Bucia vs. James Terry
Isaiah Hill vs. Alex Trevino

I still like this card though. JT has been finishing guys on the ground lately and he'd be stupid to stand with Hieron so we'll see. At least he'slooking to finish now unlike before.

Back
Top Bottom