Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Bowles last night
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Never liked Torres

GRIFFIN NOT REALLY INJURED, DEVASTATED WITH LOSS
Posted by MMA-Hits On August - 10 - 2009

After his embarrassing knockout loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 101 on Saturday night, former champion Forrest Griffin couldn't wait to get out of the Octagon. It was unclear if it was another case of "Run Forrrest Run" or rumored he maybe actually of suffered from a jaw injury seeking medical attention. But, I believe there is normally a doctor ringside. So, it did not make too much sense.
At the press conference after the fight, UFC president Dana White said he had not seen or heard from Forrest Griffin after the fight and that he could "in Georgia" at this time.
"He's an emotional guy," commented White. "He came into this fight confident that he was going to beat Anderson Silva."
This all started when reports emerged Sunday that Griffin had a jaw injury, and that was the reason for his hasty departure, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment, Griffin's management group, that he is physically fine following the Saturday night fight.
"Griffin suffered no broken jaw and he is physically okay"
, said the Zinkin representative, but emotionally he is definitely not dealing well with the loss.
Griffin, who is ranked as a top five light heavyweight, faced Silva Saturday night in the co-main event, and struggled with the Brazilian's speed and unbelievable accuracy during the bout.
After two knockdowns early in the round, Griffin was caught with a quick straight right hand that put him down on the canvas for the final time as he waived to the referee to stop the fight.

smh.gif
not a good look

betting isnt something i could ever get really into, but intriguing enough to give some thought to try one time.

hearing that shady bookie business is offputting though.

i believe ill refrain.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

betting isnt something i could ever get really into, but intriguing enough to give some thought to try one time.

hearing that shady bookie business is offputting though.

i believe ill refrain.
That's why I stick withBoDog. Not trying to deal with that ***$.

I missed the bout between Amir sadollah and Johny something looking for the waitress.

laugh.gif
. had to catch the replay.

just wanted to post that.

Originally Posted by Club29

Verdum does NOT deserve to be on the prelim of a mediocre Strikeforce card
Before Nick was being pulled all the fights on the main card were championship fights so I don't blame them. Now that Nick has been pulled Ihope they put him on the main card.

%+!? Has Nick or Caesar Gracie made a statement yet as to why dude missed the drug testing? !$@* man, that was the main reason I was gonna watch thatStrikeforce card. I'm not even hyped for it like that anymore.

i ve already had two people i know tell me kenny is overrated.

people sure like to jump on dudes immediately after a loss.
smh.gif

people did the same with bj and all i could think to myself was 'you know bj is still probably one of the top 5 (definitely one of the top ten) fighters inthe world dont you?' (was still top 5 imo)

i still think kenny is the 3rd best lightweight in the world, behind bj and aoki, in that order.

he's got the kind of rangy offense that would frustrate the hell out of alvarez and hansen. i especially think he'd annihilate alvarez. those kickswould eat him up.

all the crap surrounding that strikeforce card has turned it into a sham.
smh.gif

Anyone who thinks Kenny Florian is overrated doesnt know what they're talking about.

He just ran into someone who is on a whole 'nother level as far as lightweight competition is concerned.

Who are the 3 upcoming contenders at 155? Diego, Maynard, and Edgar? No 3 have any shot at beating Penn.

I was really pulling for KenFlo, but BJ looks untouchable at this point at 155

Originally Posted by Club29

Anyone who thinks Kenny Florian is overrated doesnt know what they're talking about.

He just ran into someone who is on a whole 'nother level as far as lightweight competition is concerned.

Who are the 3 upcoming contenders at 155?
Diego, Maynard, and Edgar? No 3 have any shot at beating Penn.

I was really pulling for KenFlo, but BJ looks untouchable at this point at 155
sick.gif
BJ will be deceased afte gettin murked by Diego.
sick.gif

I feel Diego has a better chance than Ken Flo. Kenny makes top 5 LW but I knew he would get dominated. Diego would put up a much better fight.
Anyone knows whats up with Eddie Alvarez? Hellboy Hansen? I really want to see these two in the UFC.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I feel Diego has a better chance than Ken Flo. Kenny makes top 5 LW but I knew he would get dominated. Diego would put up a much better fight.
Anyone knows whats up with Eddie Alvarez? Hellboy Hansen? I really want to see these two in the UFC.
Alvarez still has an exclusive deal with Bellator and Hansen is probably gonna fight JZ sometime within the next couple of months.

The more and more I check out message boards and engage in conversations about MMA, the more I realize that MMA fans can be the most fickle/fairweather fans ofany sport I can think of. The really knowledgeable dudes tend to speak mainly from reasoning, and particular fight styles and matchups, but it seems like themajority of the other people base their entire opinion off of the last fight a guy fought.

I mean look at how Anderson Silva was getting #!%@+%% on for the last couple months in the pound for pound discussions, and dudes were actually predictingin seriousness that Forrest Griffin wasgoing to KO him? Now all of a sudden he's an mma god again and the consensus #1 pound for pound. After BJ gets smashed by GSP people are sayinghe's done, kenny's gonna kill him, now he's unbeatable at 155. People don't seem to realize that matchups make fights, so I basically learnedto ignore most of the more ridiculous arguments now.

In the end I think BJ will definitely beat Diego. But I wouldn't be surprised if Diego put up a better fight simply because he is huge for the 155division. He was fighting at 170 for a long time.

Joachim Hansen is fighting Aoki on the Dream 11 card, JZ will most likely fight on the card aswell, but no opponent is announced yet.

it would be about time really,

Silva permanently to 205?

What's next for Anderson Silva? That is the million dollar - or perhaps multi-million dollar - question.

After moving up in weight and dismantling No. 3 ranked light heavyweight Forrest Griffin at UFC 101 on Saturday night, it was all but a foregone conclusion that he would drop back down to 185 pounds to defend his middleweight belt.

"I think his next fight is at 185 pounds, probably against Dan Henderson," said UFC President Dana White at the post-fight press conference. "I think we're gonna do him and Dan again. And then, I don't know. He goes back to 205. He could do anything."

And "do anything" could be coming a lot sooner than even White had anticipated.

Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel reported that following the fight, in the wee hours of morning, Silva's manager, Ed Soares, approached White with an unexpected proposition. That proposition being Anderson Silva forego defending his middleweight title to make a permanent move up to light heavyweight.

"I'd let him," White later told Wetzel. "We'd put (the middleweight title) up for grabs."

No word yet out of Octagon Central, but it's an interesting proposition with blockbuster fights written all over it. While Silva is running out of options at middleweight, Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, or the returning Tito Ortiz await at 205. And though Silva discounts ever fighting him, there is also current champion and Silva teammate Lyoto Machida.

With his win over Griffin, Silva took one more step in proving White correct. "He's the most talented fighter in the world. He's pound-for-pound the best in the world. He proved tonight, not only that he's that, but he can dominate in two different weight divisions."

It now sounds as if he wants to be done in one of those two weight classes, perhaps enjoying the added power that accompanies the added bulk at 205.

If Silva and the UFC brass do decide to put the middleweight title up for grabs, Silva will likely have to let his words of solidarity fall by the wayside.

"Lyoto's my friend, he's my brother, and there is no way that fight will happen," he declared at the press conference.

But if he moves up and both keep winning, an eventual collision would be inevitable.

"If Anderson gets to that point where he starts taking out 205-pounders, I'll make that fight," White stated just as emphatically. "I promise you, I'll make that fight."

All Diego's pretending to be crazy and a monster and stuff is gonna come to a screeching halt when he runs into BJ... who is really crazy and a realmonster.

imo they need to bring in dudes from japan to fight BJ. i dont see diego doing anything. Id kill to see Gomi vs BJ 2. Gomi is much bigger/better now

Back
Top Bottom