Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

War Machine impressed me with his heart, But damn when he's on top and mounted hsi 0ffense and strikes are pretty crappy. He almost bludgeoned to deathfrom those elbows. He's gotta work on that.

but props for the W

Maybe the Huerta haters will keep quiet for now.

Looks like Sherk will fight the winner of BJ/Stevenson (Sherk was officially stripped of his title).

Rampage/Forrest will be a war.

WEC IS LIVE TOMORROW ON VERSUS CHANNEL GUYS. HUGE CARD!

URIJAH FABER VS JEFF CURRAN (TITLE MATCH)

JENS PULVER VS CUB SWANSON

PAULO FILHO VS CHAEL SONNEN

DOUG MARSHALL VS. ARIEL GANDULLA (TITLE MATCH)

John Alessio Vs. Todd Moore

Bryan Baker Vs. Eric Schambari

Alex Karalexis Vs. Ed Ratcliff

Ian McCall Vs. Charlie Valencia

Guys...this looks like a badass card. It has potential to be card of the year simply because most of the guys on this card are out to bang. I'm extremelyexcited to see my dude Faber defend once again, he's always put on a good show. Doug Marshall is just a tank and I see him winning by KO. Jens better pullthrough and make a great debut. As for Filho...he better step it up and let people know why he's one of the best middleweights in the world.

Gotta root for the hometown/school guy, Urijah the California Kid Faber. He has a tough fight on his hands.

Last weekend's TUF finale was very entertaining. I give War Machine and Huerta all the respect in the world after those fights. They both fought with a tonof heart...really amazing to watch. Guida gets props, too.

I'm hoping the next few events live up to the hype.

This is a damn good card. Can't wait for Curran/Faber, which IMO, will be like Curran/Kid except much more fast paced.

can i get an update? i didnt know this was showing on TVU till like 3 minutes ago

Edit: it sounds like Jens just got em

For those that missed the sick suplex by Charlie here it is...
radsuplexbg4.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, an update would be great. I'm trying to follow it on another fourm but they suck at updates it's all over the place. All I know is Filhodidn't look good and there was a really nice suplex somewhere.

Filho was getting worked on until he slipped on a nice armbar...Sonnen didn't tap saying "no no no" but the ref stopped it. I probably would havetoo. His arm was gonna get broken, and it really sounded more like "no. NO. NO!"
laugh.gif

Pulver won with a sick anaconda choke very early in the first...Cub Swanson's neck looked like it was about to snap.

damn, I missed Jens fight. As for the suplex, that's how it should get done, I don't understand why it's not done more often when fighters haveopportunities like that.

WOOOOOW

"that was out of the matrix"
laugh.gif

Sacramento represent

To recap...

1st. Urijah rocked Curran but got taken down into butterfly guard and then full mount...Curran got his back with a full body triangle (I thought it wasover)...after about 1:30, Faber stands up with Curran on his back, jumps up and dips him on some Baki the Grappler@+$!, bouncing Curran's head on the matalong with his own...he switches into Curran's guard and wails away...maybe wins the round.

2nd. Some exchanges standing and on the ground...Faber lands some huge elbows against the fence. Curran tried to catch him in a triangle against the cage,but Urijah opens him up and grinds Curran's head into the fence
laugh.gif
They stand again and Curran gets a single leg, but Urijah lands a huge knee on ONE leg (hence the matrix), and sinks in a guillotine.

My dude Urijah
pimp.gif

It should go:
Pulver
Takaya
Kid

Good lord, I can't wait for a Faber/Kid fight. Honestly though, it seems like what Urijah has as opposed to the other 145ers is just EXTREME confidence.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

No one noticed fellow NTer Muscle68 with his triumph shirt on when Curran was getting his face greased up?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I said to my wife, "Oh **** it's Ryan!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
love seeing those .gif's. All I think about when I see those clips are whencornballs like Lampley compare MMA to barroom brawls or dudes like Mayweather who think they can step into the cage and win.

EXCELLENT performance by Faber. choking out the BJJ black belt is extremely impressive.

eek.gif

frown.gif

[h1]Graciemag reporting death of Ryan Gracie[/h1]
By Iain Liddle | December 15, 2007 | Print This

Report from GracieMag.com
News to make the fighting world tremble. According to news carried by Globo TV, the black belt Ryan Gracie was found dead in the cell where he was being held at a police station in Sao Paulo after having been accused of car theft yesterday in the city of Sao Paulo. According to the Sao Paulo State Secretariat of Public Safety, Ryan was alone in the cell.

The originally-sourced articles in Portuguese (here and here).

http://www.fightopinion.com/2007/12/15/graciemag-reporting-death-of-ryan-gracie/
R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom