Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

The thing is, you'd think being a black belt Gracie would give you 100% job security. As in, he can just ask any of his relatives to teach at their schoolor take fights in order to make ends meet. So he must have been blacklisted from his own family if he had to resort to stealing cars.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

The thing is, you'd think being a black belt Gracie would give you 100% job security. As in, he can just ask any of his relatives to teach at their school or take fights in order to make ends meet. So he must have been blacklisted from his own family if he had to resort to stealing cars.
I've read some supports that him stealing the car and crashing might have been a suicide attempt. He had a good amount of drugs in his systemwhen he did this. It's sad to see this happen.

[table][tr][td]
Shogun and Ninja Continue Chute Boxe Exodus
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By Ken Pishna/MMAWeekly.com
December 18, 2007
Chute Boxe leader Rudimar Fedrigo on Tuesday announced, via the Chute Boxe website, that Murilo "Ninja" and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua haveofficially left the team.

predictions?????

[h3]Main Card[/h3]
Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre - Interim UFC Welterweight Title
Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
Ryoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
Eddie Sanchez vs. Soa Palalei
[h3]Preliminary Bouts[/h3]
James Irvin vs Luis Cane
Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radaev
Tony DeSouza vs. Roan Carneiro
Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
Doug Evans vs. Mark Bocek

I thought the Clementi and Guillard fight was scrapped?

I hope that you're right and it's on because both guys fight out of LA (louisiana) and I believe it's a grudge match kinda situation

plus, Guillard is one of my fav. fighters.

My predictions:

MAIN CARD
  • Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre (for interim welterweight title)
  • Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
  • Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
  • Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
  • Soa Palalei vs. Eddie Sanchez
UNDERCARD
  • Luis Cane vs. James Irvin
  • Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
  • Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
  • Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza
  • Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

Am I the only one who has zero interest in ever seeing another Rich Clementi match (not that he's been on a UFC card in some time, but he is just not thatexciting). Those first 3 fights on the card alone make this a definite PPV buy. Cant wait.

MAIN CARD
Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre (for interim welterweight title)
Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
Soa Palalei vs. Eddie Sanchez

UNDERCARD

Luis Cane vs. James Irvin
Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza
Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

soko is gonna show why he is ranked up there.

A 205'er with such finesse in his fighting style is quite dangerous.

MAIN CARD
  • Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre (for interim welterweight title)
  • Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
  • Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
  • Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
  • Soa Palalei vs. Eddie Sanchez
UNDERCARD
  • Luis Cane vs. James Irvin
  • Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
  • Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
  • Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza
  • Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

Report: Mayweather Considering Move to MMA

loyd Mayweather Jr. is discussing a deal with billionaire Mark Cuban that could put the best boxer on the planet in a mixed martial arts bout.

If an agreement is reached, Mayweather would join HDNet Fights, Cuban's fledgling MMA promotional arm, ESPN reported Friday.

"Floyd is considering fighting with HDNet Fights," Cuban told ESPN.com. "We are going to let him visit some gyms to talk to some folks aboutwhat it would take to learn. He knows it won't be easy. But he is getting involved with MMA and HDNet Fights one way or another. He is pumped about it. Hewants to go on to the next big thing. Floyd is a brilliant marketer. He follows the money."

The undefeated Mayweather, a five-division world champion regarded as one of the purest pugilists in boxing history, stopped English challenger Ricky Hatton onDec. 8 to retain his welterweight title.

Cuban and Mayweather, who struck up a friendship during the taping of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," met Thursday in Las Vegas to discuss apossible role for the boxer with HDNet Fights.

According to ESPN.com, Leonard Ellerbe, a close Mayweather associate, said a move from the sweet science to MMA is something that seriously interests theboxer.

"When Floyd makes his move, obviously it's going to be a mega event," Ellerbe told ESPN. "We don't have a timetable. Floyd is takingsome time off, but Floyd understands what is involved. You have to take time to go out and understand what you're getting involved in, and he's readyto do that."

Mayweather, 30, was part of two events in 2007 that generated 3.25 million pay-per-view buys and $200 million in revenue. A defeat of Oscar de la Hoya in Maybroke PPV records with 2.4 million subscriptions. In all, Mayweather made $50 million for his bouts with de la Hoya and Hatton.

"If I said there's a guaranteed $30 million payday, Floyd would be lacing them up," Cuban told ESPN.com. "If not, I could see him working totrain and develop and invest in MMA fighters, knowing the upside. He can teach them how to be a better boxer and add to their other skills."

Should he decide to compete in MMA, Mayweather would immediately become the best boxer to test himself in that arena. Others such as Francois Botha (Pictures), Art Jimmerson, Melton Bowen and James Warring fared poorly in their respective MMA efforts.

Mayweather would likely compete in MMA's 145-pound featherweight division, which is currently dominated by WEC champion Urijah Faber (Pictures).

That is great news that we may see Mayweather get tapped out in MMA. Sad part is you know they're going to feed some cans to Mayweather and all the boxingfanboys will come in here saying boxing > mma.

Mayweather has a beast work ethic and if he's going to fight in MMA it would have to be soon for him at 30 years old. Which doesn't leave a bunch ofyears for him to learn the ground game so his best bet is to have one hell of a Takedown defense.

ascascaub5.jpg

happy.gif
dun dun dunn I always love looking at the chick's face and wondering what she isthinking during the weigh in's
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ His diabolical's avy
laugh.gif
oh man.

joe rogan on dean lister (lister was 187 with his underwear)

"that's 1 lb of an underwear ladies and gentlemen...that's how the boogeyman rolls"

laugh.gif

Very excited about this card. Pumped to see Soko. The problem is, Machida will more than likely make it a boring fight as usual. Hopefully not though.
Also, the Wandy/Chuck fight is going to be crazy. I really want to see Hughes get his#%+% beat. I cannot stand that hillbilly. I am not a huge GSP fan, butanything to beat that clown down.

I'm fired up for tonight. Probably the biggest TV night of the year for me between this, Penn State, and the Giants.

I watched the All Access with Silva last night. His training is insane.

Back with predictions later.

Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell had a pull-apart at the weigh-ins this afternoon in Las Vegas.

After Liddell weighed in and was stepping off the scale, Silva took off his shirt and did his trademark staredown. At that point, Silva moved his head, like hewas about to do a short head-butt, but Liddell moved away and flipped Silva off. Tempers flared but things were broken up in a few seconds.

No such problems with Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre, who actually hugged after their weigh-in.

The crowd clearly saw these two matches as the show. There was some interest in Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Manny Gamburyan, but the huge reactions were savedfor the main events.

Liddell got the loudest reaction, followed closely by St. Pierre. Hughes got a mixed reaction with a lot of boos. There were also a few noticeable boos forLiddell with scattered chants for "Silva." Nevertheless, Liddell got the rock star standing ovation.

Weights

Prelims
Doug Evans (154) vs. Mark Bocek (155)
Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Tony DeSouza (170)
Dean Lister (186) vs. Jordan Radev (185)
Manny Gamburyan (155) vs. Nate Mohr (155)
James Irvin (205) vs. Luiz Crane (205)

PPV
Rich Clementi (155) vs. Melvin Guillard (156)
Lyoto Machida (204) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)
Eddie Sanchez (239) vs. Soa Palelei (262)
Wanderlei Silva (205) vs. Chuck Liddell (204)
Matt Hughes (170) vs. Georges St. Pierre (170) for the interim welterweight title

Pumped for such a great series of events. I got the ROH ppv taping tonight at the Manhattan Center...then UFC 79 tonight. Yarennoka on New Years Eve. PLEASEsomeone tell me theres a way to watch the K1 Dynamite show also? That would really complete it all.

Matt Hughes (170) vs. Georges St. Pierre (170) for the interim welterweight title

I think both Silva and GSP win by stoppages within the first two rounds. Can't wait.

Weights

Prelims
Doug Evans (154) vs. Mark Bocek (155)
Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Tony DeSouza (170)
Dean Lister (186) vs. Jordan Radev (185)
Manny Gamburyan (155) vs. Nate Mohr (155)
James Irvin (205) vs. Luiz Crane (205)

PPV

I WILL BE 70% RIGHT OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!! FACT........

Back
Top Bottom