Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

What about the event tomorrow night? Just skipped right over that.
Date: 02/13/2008 9:00 PM ET
Event Type: Versus - Live Event

Carlo Prater Vs. Carlos Condit
Jamie Varner Vs. Rob McCullough
Miguel Torres Vs. Chase Beebe
Manny Tapia Vs. Antonio Banuelos
Hiroyuki Takaya Vs. Leonard Garcia
Josh Grispi Vs. Mark Hominick
Del Hawkins Vs. Coty Wheeler
Charlie Valencia Vs. Yoshiro Maeda
Micah Miller Vs. Chance Farrar
Scott Jorgensen Vs. Damacio Page

Reports from Japan, as well as a web site post by Mirko Cro Cop both state Cro Cop will be in Japan tomorrow for a press conference put on by FightingEntertainment Group (K-1), which will announce the debut of a new MMA promotion to take the place of its Hero's division.

Cro Cop was the most popular foreign MMA fighter in Japan when he signed a six-fight deal at the end of 2006 with UFC. After going 1-2 in UFC, it was known UFCwas considering cutting him from the deal due to the high cost of his contract.

His heading to the opening of the new group would make it likely that is how things turned out but we haven't had that confirmed from the UFC side.

some good fighters on the sengoku card

Sengoku I
Date: March 5th, 2008
Place: National Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo, Japan

Fights:
Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Josh Barnett
Kazuo Misaki vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Makoto Takimoto vs. Evangelista Cyborg
Takanori Gomi vs. Duane Ludwig
Ryo Kawamura vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Fabricio Monteiro vs. Nick Thompson
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

UFC crocop was but a shadow of his former self when he was at Pride. He didnt just lose those 2 fights, he lost them bad.

Anyone know if they will be broadcasting Sengoku stateside? hopefully on HDNet? That promotion looks like it has some decent life to it with some pretty solidfighters. Good to finally see Gomi get back in action.

Looks like we might be getting Feodr/Cro Cop II. Dreams and M-1 signed some type of cross-promotion deal.
Garbage, Fedor is just going in circles now
smh.gif

and MonopolyMan630 can you add MMA tags please?http://MonopolyMan630.u.yuku.com

*%+#. RAZOR ROB.....this poon Jamie Varner pussed...dude asked for a timeout when he lost his piece...he was about to get it damnt

Yeah Varner got lucky with the timeout...but Razor Rob got straight rocked....geez....

Miguel Torres impresses me everytime I see him fight. I have a feeling his going to hold onto that belt for a while. dude just has crazy technique.

free mma is the best.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

good win for Leonard garcia, he looks in better shape compared to the huerta fight
technically he is. when he fought huerta it was at 155. this last one is at 145. correct me if im wrong thanks

Originally Posted by gee1der

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

good win for Leonard garcia, he looks in better shape compared to the huerta fight
technically he is. when he fought huerta it was at 155. this last one is at 145. correct me if im wrong thanks

You are correct. He's a better fit at 145 than 155.

Damn Dude, Torres just ran through Beebe, but it was bound to happen; Beebe was winning on pure stamina, determination, and wrestling before. As soon as hegets a little more BJJ training under his belt he'll be back I think. By the way I hate Varner. I hope he gets wrecked by whomever he fights next.

yea im not a fan of varner either but dude is talented. the problem is razor rob should have been in way better shape. but what can you do everyone gets rockedeventually.

^ dope interview

i think kimbo's potential is ridiculous

and hopefully gannon signs on for that rematch

[/Kimbo] Did I mention I had to stop smoking? [/Kimbo]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL, at him for naming all the subs he knows how to throw. Tank used to have decent takedown D, but now I dunno. I hope this one doesn't go to theground.

Back
Top Bottom