Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by shogun

drock2010 wrote:
Rashad owned Rampage? what fight did you see? he "won the fight" no one got owned. if anything Rampage was about to finish him but do to his lack of cardio he gassed and couldnt finish him when he had him on the ground praying not to get KO'd. Thats twice Rashad gets saved by his opponent not having the greatest cardio, same thing happened when he fought Thiago Silva.  Thats 2 fights that Rashad was literally on the brink of defeat. TKOs no decisions. Rampage isnt "back" but he def looked better against Machida then he did when he fought Rashad

yeah, he did own him.  rashad hurt rampage at the very beginning of the fight and out-grappled / held on to him the majority of the time.  he stuck to his game plan and controlled the fight.  rampage couldn't do anything to stop it.  it's his own fault for not training properly and being gassed.  "almost finishes" don't count for anything on a person's record.  i still don't see the reasoning for a #1 contender rematch.  maybe let rampage get the winner of jones/bader to see who gets the next title shot after rashad.

Originally Posted by drock2010

drock2010 wrote:
Rashad owned Rampage? what fight did you see? he "won the fight" no one got owned. if anything Rampage was about to finish him but do to his lack of cardio he gassed and couldnt finish him when he had him on the ground praying not to get KO'd. Thats twice Rashad gets saved by his opponent not having the greatest cardio, same thing happened when he fought Thiago Silva.  Thats 2 fights that Rashad was literally on the brink of defeat. TKOs no decisions. Rampage isnt "back" but he def looked better against Machida then he did when he fought Rashad

yeah, he did own him.  rashad hurt rampage at the very beginning of the fight and out-grappled / held on to him the majority of the time.  he stuck to his game plan and controlled the fight.  rampage couldn't do anything to stop it.  it's his own fault for not training properly and being gassed.  "almost finishes" don't count for anything on a person's record.  i still don't see the reasoning for a #1 contender rematch.  maybe let rampage get the winner of jones/bader to see who gets the next title shot after rashad.
True but at the same time Rashad is talking about wanting a fight now that Shogun wont be back til like May or June. So I mean a rematch with Rampage would be a good fight and I think a lot of people would wanna see. I guess out wrestling someone is considered owning but I would say Machida owned Rashad by knocking him out in the 2nd round but the word owned really doesnt mean anything so I guess it can mean ANYTHING.

He didn't "own" Rampage. You gotta do more damage than that to "own" someone. You can't be in trouble yourself if you "own" someone.

^
i wanted to use the word owned.  you can find a more fitting word to describe it and use it.

it was a pretty clear cut decision.  the fight was really boring.  i mostly remember rashad just stalling against the cage and jackson having a bad performance.

Sonnen got his suspension reduced to 6 months, with time served he will be eligible to fight in February. 
Please Dana White, cancel Bisping v. Rivera and have Sonnen and Misping coach the next season of TUF. I dislike both of these idiots but the two of them trolling one another for 6 weeks would be funny as hell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<--- excited to see a KO on Alves V Howard match.

Actually, I'm more amped to see that than the GSP/Kos match.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Please Dana White, cancel Bisping v. Rivera and have Sonnen and Misping coach the next season of TUF. I dislike both of these idiots but the two of them trolling one another for 6 weeks would be funny as hell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this

strikeforce_henderson_vs_babalu_poster.jpg

[h3]Main card[/h3]
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Renato Sobral

Tuf_12_poster.jpg

[h3]Main card[/h3]
  • Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson

I honestly haven't watched a single ultimate fighter episode this season since the first show with the qualifiers.

I've watched every season so far. So I'm slummin, but this season didn't look interesting out the gate. What happened to Bruce Leeroy?
laugh.gif

I'll be catching the finale tonight tho. Flipping between that and Nebraska/OK should be a decent night of TV. The Daley/Smith fight should be a nice brawl.

^^ Bruce Leeroy got eliminated in the 2nd round by Michael Johnson, who made it to the finals. This season wasn't that bad IMO. Jonathan Brookins is favored to win TUF this season.

Tonight is also the first time UFC will debut the Featherweight division, as TUF semi-finalist Nam Phan goes against WEC's Leonard Garcia. And Daley/Smith will definitely end with someone getting KO'ed.

the TUF Finale is tough to call, Johnson is good but Brookings has surprised me all season, I think Brookings finds a way to win.

Hopefully Henderson KO's Babalu

Ultimate Fighter has been very good this season. There were some quality fighters on that show. Problem is the Top 3 guys (Brookins, Johnson, Nam) would all be better off at 145.

Back
Top Bottom