Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Looks like Shogun reinjured his knee, scratched from UFC 85 vs. Liddell
mad.gif

http://mmajunkie.com/news/3876/shogun-reinjures-knee-scratched-from-ufc-85-fight-with-liddell.mmahttp://mmajunkie.com/news/3876/shogun-reinjures-knee-scratched-from-ufc-85-fight-with-liddell.mma

Well ain't that a %+*%%. I was looking forward to Chuck banging it out with Shogun and coming out on top. Hope they replace him with a legit contender andnot some stepping stone to 'tune him up'.

Originally Posted by El Rey Pappa

Originally Posted by illphillip

I was going to say the same. Sakara is a former Boxer, which to me would men his striking will be sharper than Leben's, who is a bit of a wild thrower.

%%!+!$% AMPED for Hendo/Silva!!!!

His boxing sure didn't come handy against Houston Alexander.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Hendo fights but from what I've seen of Silva, he's such an exciting fighter to watch due to his versatility. So I hope he keeps the belt. I also think he's the more humble fighter.
And? Was anyone in here talking about Houston Alexander?

Don't be so sensitive. My comment was in reference to your praise for his boxing skills, which apparently didn't prevent him from getting KTFO by Houston. What's wrong with that?

I didn't praise his Boxing skills. I just stated that he was a Boxer and that his striking should be sharper than Leben's. He is fighting Leben. Who historically is a wild swinger. No one said anything about Houston Alexander, who by the way, is not Chris Leben. And who is also infinitely stronger than Chris Leben. Let's stay focused here son. Dude, watching that Countdown has me even more amped. I love both fighters. Hendo will be Silva's toughest task to date. In honor of Anderson, one of the illest knockouts I've ever seen.

Looks like even somebody "infinitely" weaker than Houston Alexander still had no problem knocking this dude out.
laugh.gif

This was a pretty good fight until the KO and to Alessio's credit, at least he didn't run from Leben.
I was wondering if some clown was going to dig this @$#!$!@@ up and say I told you so. Congrats. I don't know that my point about Sakara being abetter boxer (which it looked like he was) was wrong. And my infinitely weaker than Houston point I would say is still valid. Though I'm still not surewhat Houston has to do with any of this. That would be like me bringing up Anderson Silva everytime Leben fights. But if you feel you were right (which I guessby saying Sakara shouldn't stand with Leben, you may have been), then I hope you feel great about yourself. Silly me, I just came in here to pay respect to2 fighters. And not for nothing, but I've come to realize that Leben isn't a great striker. He is the new Cabbage. Dude's head is huge and he canobviously take a mean punch. Terry Martin should have laid him out as well but he kept coming. Another reminder of just how strong Anderson is. Crazy becausehe don't look it. You can collect your cookie anytime oh great fight predictor.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Looks like Shogun reinjured his knee, scratched from UFC 85 vs. Liddell
mad.gif

http://mmajunkie.com/news/3876/shogun-reinjures-knee-scratched-from-ufc-85-fight-with-liddell.mmahttp://mmajunkie.com/news/3876/shogun-reinjures-knee-scratched-from-ufc-85-fight-with-liddell.mma

Well ain't that a %+*%%. I was looking forward to Chuck banging it out with Shogun and coming out on top. Hope they replace him with a legit contender and not some stepping stone to 'tune him up'.

That sucks, I was wondering why they only announced Chuck fighting but not shogun.

But if you feel you were right (which I guess by saying Sakara shouldn't stand with Leben, you may have been)
pimp.gif
I told you guys, Sakara wasn't beating Leben standingup and everyone chimed in saying wrong because Sakara is a boxer. It's not always about how hard you can hit but how much you can take as well, Nog andFedor are perfect examples. Sakara just can't take much damage at all but he is a brown belt in BJJ which is why I said he had a better chance on theground.

Looks like Shogun reinjured his knee, scratched from UFC 85 vs. Liddell.
Shogun's stint w/ the UFC has benn less than expected. Loss to Forrest and now the injury before the Liddell fight.

I was going to say the same. Sakara is a former Boxer, which to me would men his striking will be sharper than Leben's, who is a bit of a wild thrower.

%%!+!$% AMPED for Hendo/Silva!!!!

His boxing sure didn't come handy against Houston Alexander.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Hendo fights but from what I've seen of Silva, he's such an exciting fighter to watch due to his versatility. So I hope he keeps the belt. I also think he's the more humble fighter.
And? Was anyone in here talking about Houston Alexander?

Don't be so sensitive. My comment was in reference to your praise for his boxing skills, which apparently didn't prevent him from getting KTFO by Houston. What's wrong with that?

I didn't praise his Boxing skills. I just stated that he was a Boxer and that his striking should be sharper than Leben's. He is fighting Leben. Who historically is a wild swinger. No one said anything about Houston Alexander, who by the way, is not Chris Leben. And who is also infinitely stronger than Chris Leben. Let's stay focused here son. Dude, watching that Countdown has me even more amped. I love both fighters. Hendo will be Silva's toughest task to date. In honor of Anderson, one of the illest knockouts I've ever seen.

Looks like even somebody "infinitely" weaker than Houston Alexander still had no problem knocking this dude out.
laugh.gif

This was a pretty good fight until the KO and to Alessio's credit, at least he didn't run from Leben.
I was wondering if some clown was going to dig this @$#!$!@@ up and say I told you so. Congrats. I don't know that my point about Sakara being a better boxer (which it looked like he was) was wrong. And my infinitely weaker than Houston point I would say is still valid. Though I'm still not sure what Houston has to do with any of this. That would be like me bringing up Anderson Silva everytime Leben fights. But if you feel you were right (which I guess by saying Sakara shouldn't stand with Leben, you may have been), then I hope you feel great about yourself. Silly me, I just came in here to pay respect to 2 fighters. And not for nothing, but I've come to realize that Leben isn't a great striker. He is the new Cabbage. Dude's head is huge and he can obviously take a mean punch. Terry Martin should have laid him out as well but he kept coming. Another reminder of just how strong Anderson is. Crazy because he don't look it. You can collect your cookie anytime oh great fight predictor.

laugh.gif
i told you so.

Anybody read about this: http://mmamania.com/2008/03/04/quinton-jackson-lands-role-in-nike-commercial/

Lebron and Rampage in the same commercial
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I really don't know much about Rua other than he wasn't exactly impressive in his UFC debut against Griffin. It's a shame Thiago Silva is alreadyscheduled to fight Evans. I think Silva vs. Liddel would be an EXCELLENT fight!

Okami was a beast. Silva is the man. MMA is kind of like back in the day WWF. Storylines and everything.

My boy Gomi with the devastating one-two
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Bangs stand up is fresh too
smokin.gif
but he was outclassed there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

looks like rashad evans will be fighting chuck.

hmmmm, i really dont know what to expect from this one. i dont see rashad trading with chuck.

Most Rashad Evans fights are boring.
eyes.gif

Liddell vs. Thiago Silva totally would have been a better fight.
I hope the Liddell that showed up against Vanderlei is the one that shows up in this fight.

Mark my words, Rashad will go down! TKO/KO in the 2nd round. His striking is nowhere near Chucks, and Chucks TD defense is phenomonal. He's gonna frustrateRashad into standing with him.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Mark my words, Rashad will go down! TKO/KO in the 2nd round. His striking is nowhere near Chucks, and Chucks TD defense is phenomonal. He's gonna frustrate Rashad into standing with him.

The only limb you're going on right now is the fact that you have it in the 2nd. I give it to Chuck in the 1st. This is the kind of fighter that madeChuck's career.

Fedor free agent by next week

Don't consider a UFC fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture dead just yet.
With Couture embroiled in a nasty legal dispute with the UFC and Emelianenko tied to M-1 Global's MMA franchise, the heavyweight dream matchup has longseemed to be the world's best bout that would never happen.
Now it could. Apy Echteld, one of Emelianenko's agents, confirmed what a source close to the situation previously told The Magazine: M-1 Global andEmelianenko will part ways some time in the next week, making the Russian a free agent. Divorce negotiations are ongoing right now, with a formal announcementlikely for in the next few days. "Officially, yes, Fedor will be a free agent," Echteld says.
Of course, the UFC would have to be willing to re-open negotiations with Emelianenko's management. Previous talks dragged on for almost a year beforefalling apart amid plenty of name-calling and finger-pointing from both sides. UFC president Dana White was vocal in pinning the blame on Emelianenko'steam, saying he never once spoke or met with the fighter. Would the head of the UFC be willing to enter the Fedor fray again? "Absolutely, 100 percent, ina heartbeat," says White. "People think he's the best-I don't, not even close. But if it's somehow possible, I would make ithappen."
Reached on Thursday, Echteld was caught off-guard when told that White would be willing to revisit last year's stalemate. But he echoed the UFC'swillingness to talk and vowed to speak with White as soon as possible. "We're open to a discussion," says Echteld. "If everybody is willingto put a little wine in the water, then we have something to work with. There is space for this to happen."
A fight involving Emelianenko and Couture would also require considerable fence-mending between Couture and the UFC. Couture has cited the UFC's inabilityto sign Emelianenko as a key reason for his sudden retirement. And now the two sides are locked in a bitter, months-long battle about the duration and terms ofCouture's UFC deal. Over the past month, the situation has seemed to only be deteriorating. That could change if Emelianenko becomes available.
"I like Randy, I genuinely like to think he's a good guy," White says. "As much as we've gone back and forth on this, I would sign Fedorand do everything possible to get Randy in the octagon with
him. I'd do anything, because a., it's a great fight and b., I think Randy would smash Fedor."
Through his spokesman, Couture declined to comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3280383

"I don't really want to be thinking that far ahead, but I don't think BJ's gonna hang around '55 very long," he said. "I think 100 percent that he's gonna beat (Sean) Sherk (at UFC 84 in May), and then whether he fights one more time or he just goes up, I think he's going after (Georges) St-Pierre at 170. Regardless of whether St-Pierre wins or loses (against Matt Serra in April), he wants St-Pierre.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=10691

From Joe Lauzon interview
I'm rooting for Lauzon.

I'm a Joe Lauzon fan too. I hope he beats Florian and then gets matched up with Nate Diaz. I can't stand Nate Diaz and would like to see him get agood whoopin.

Back
Top Bottom