Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

mad.gif
  i don't like jones and don't like seeing him as the champion.  the only one who can beat him right now is silva.  book it, joe silva.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

laugh.gif
like i said before shad gets no love from the fans

Cuz hes a self loathing a _ hole.

Shad is going to piss Jones off and we are going to see a massacre.

Jones does everything so well and he loves the fight game. Nothing more on this cats mind. Love him.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
Why though? I was wondering that.
laugh.gif
Cocky, boring, he KO'd Chuck, and talked so much mess for the Rampage fight and just laid on top of him.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Who's going to beat him? Rashad? No.  Machida? No. Couture? No.  Rampage? No.

Honestly, the only person I see giving him a match is if Anderson moves up to 205.

Someone will beat him, it always happens.

People thought Machida was unbeatable, he got whopped.

People thought BJ was unbeatable @ 155, he got whooped.

People thought Torres was unbeatable, he got whooped.

Etc...

Man, idk about that cuz I always thought Machida was gonna fall, his style was just so unique for the time--nobody knew how to deal with it. BJ is his own biggest enemy, and got complacent.

I thought Torres was unbeatable though, I'll give you that one
grin.gif

Edit: with that said, I give him 3 or 4 title defenses before a loss

Originally Posted by shogun

mad.gif
  i don't like jones and don't like seeing him as the champion.  the only one who can beat him right now is silva.  book it, joe silva.
I was gonna ask why you dont like bones, then i saw ya screen name and
roll.gif

I understand
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

laugh.gif
at Sherdog already making excuses for Shogun's loss. Yeah he looked gassed but thats because he spent alot of time on his back.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Seen that too. But to be honest, Shogun can't train at 100% like he did before. At one time dude had GSP/Cain/Nick Diaz type stamina, now homeboy gets gassed faster than a fat BJ Penn 

Wouldnt be surprised if Shogun has broken ribs.
Those elbows to the ribs in the 1st round took his wind.
Not to mention Jones trying to crush his windpipe with his forearm the whole fight.

Honestly, the only person I see giving him a match is if Anderson moves up to 205.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at mentioning Couture. All respect to Randy but don't mention him in with other Top 5's. Anderson would get hit worse than he did against Sonnen. The only person I can see giving Bones trouble at 205 is Rampage... and that's if he's motivated, in-shape, blah-blah. Jones will move to HW after clearing out the LHW division.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Someone will beat him, it always happens.

People thought Machida was unbeatable, he got whopped.

People thought BJ was unbeatable @ 155, he got whooped.

People thought Torres was unbeatable, he got whooped.

Etc...
Eh, Machida has his fanboys who hype him up.

It was a shock that BJ lost to Edgar the first time, but we've seen BJ lose and be possibly unmotivated in the past.

Both of those guys were in/past their prime.  Jones hasn't even come close to reaching his prime yet.  Plus, he has physical gifts that no one else in the division has close to having.

Could someone new come along and beat him?  Sure.  But right now, none of the "big, established" names can compete with him.

The match I'd most like to see......

Jon Jones vs Phil Davis

I don't even know what to say besides today is a horrible day for Pride fans. But one thing is for sure Jon Jones is beating Rashad and then Rampage is going to destroy him.

bones just murdereed one of the best fighters ever....

next on the docket...

jones vs. evans.... jones destroys

jones vs anderon silva ??????

then jones to heavyweight ??????

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they say hes "cocky" because he blew a kiss and grabbed his junk at ufc golden boy forrest and also ktfo liddell
shad is humble outside of ring and fans just dislike him 

but when chael sonnen or dan hardy talk trash or do stuff its ok and entertaining
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at mentioning Couture. All respect to Randy but don't mention him in with other Top 5's. Anderson would get hit worse than he did against Sonnen. The only person I can see giving Bones trouble at 205 is Rampage... and that's if he's motivated, in-shape, blah-blah. Jones will move to HW after clearing out the LHW division.
Only reason I mentioned Couture is because he's fighting Machida.

Rampage is always game and is one of my all time favorites, so I have to believe that he has a chance. 
frown.gif

If he would just go back to bringing wrestling into his game again, then maybe he has a shot. Maybe he can start with Hamill (
sick.gif
at the fact that he's even fighting this bum).

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

I have a question: What happens after Jones murks Rashad? No one else in that division is making a move towards a title opportunity. Rampage=Washed Up, Lyoto=Lost to Rashad/fighting someone irrelevant
Couture=Someone who should never even hear the words "title" and "shot"
indifferent.gif
Rampage just beat Lyoto that isnt washed up. Lyoto never lost to Rashad he KTFO'd him but u are right him fighting someone irrelevant.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
at Sherdog already making excuses for Shogun's loss. Yeah he looked gassed but thats because he spent alot of time on his back.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Seen that too. But to be honest, Shogun can't train at 100% like he did before. At one time dude had GSP/Cain/Nick Diaz type stamina, now homeboy gets gassed faster than a fat BJ Penn 
I knew his lay-off was gonna be a factor heading into the fight but the fan-boys were all saying that this Shogun is healthy. Whatever.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Only reason I mentioned Couture is because he's fighting Machida.

Oh. That fight is more of a personal test for Randy. The only way I see him beating Machida is by a close decision. But that's a big IF.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

I have a question: What happens after Jones murks Rashad? No one else in that division is making a move towards a title opportunity. Rampage=Washed Up, Lyoto=Lost to Rashad/fighting someone irrelevant
Couture=Someone who should never even hear the words "title" and "shot"
indifferent.gif
Rampage just beat Lyoto that isnt washed up. Lyoto never lost to Rashad he KTFO'd him but u are right him fighting someone irrelevant.
Well, Ramapage just lost to Rashad a while back. And if he losses to Hammil he will be a certified gatekeeper. 
smile.gif
oh u mean the 1 year layoff overweight out of shape Rampage, who gassed in the 1st round and STILL almost ko'd Rashad. Its true THAT rampage lost to Rashad, but i don't think the Rampage we saw against Lyoto who comes in with a game plan and fights smart is going to lose.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they say hes "cocky" because he blew a kiss and grabbed his junk at ufc golden boy forrest and also ktfo liddell
shad is humble outside of ring and fans just dislike him 

but when chael sonnen or dan hardy talk trash or do stuff its ok and entertaining
grin.gif

+100

Let's focus on the present, guys. Don't take ANYTHING away from Shogun. You can go watch his training on youtube right now, and he was peaking just fine IMO. He's a great champ, and tonight he passed the torch. Maybe it's the adrenaline, but I believe we just witnessed one of the all time great individual performances in the octagon.

Let Evans fight Jones and Okami vs Silva by August. If Jones and Silva retain. Silva moves up for a title shot. I rather watch Silva vs Jones than Silva vs St Pierre

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Well, Ramapage just lost to Rashad a while back. And if he losses to Hammil he will be a certified gatekeeper. 
smile.gif
oh u mean the 1 year layoff overweight out of shape Rampage, who gassed in the 1st round and STILL almost ko'd Rashad. Its true THAT rampage lost to Rashad, but i don't think the Rampage we saw against Lyoto who comes in with a game plan and fights smart is going to lose.

Who made the decision to take the layoff tho??? RIGHT. He is where he is, because he put himself there.
grin.gif

Ya but it doesn't change the fact he was out of shape and looked HORRIBLE. Plus your last fight is the only fight that matters ins MMA. If you win you're the best, you lose you're washed up

Back
Top Bottom