Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by atransta

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Diaz would get murdered by alves, Kos, gsp, And Rumble.
truth
False
i could see him beating alves and johnson.  he somehow hangs with powerful strikers and is able to hurt them.  plus i think johnson sucks and shouldn't even be in that list.
kos and gsp can outwrestle him and hold him down without getting subbed.

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by drock2010

NO ONE has ever handled Daley like that. Even though he wasnt completely KO'd he was right next to it, wobbling like hell. Diaz just proved that he can take a punch and can out strike a striker. I say hes #2 right now at 170
How can he be #2 just by beating a guy who's not even top 10? Diaz is good, but he's got a way to go before being top 5.
Same way Jon Jones got bumped up to #2 after beating Bader. Bader wasnt even in the top 10 when they fought and he sure isnt now. MMA math never adds up I dont see anyone outside of GSP maybe that can beat Diaz. Penn might give him a run for his money though.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by atransta

truth
False
i could see him beating alves and johnson.  he somehow hangs with powerful strikers and is able to hurt them.  plus i think johnson sucks and shouldn't even be in that list.
kos and gsp can outwrestle him and hold him down without getting subbed.
The only reason hes on that list is cuz hes huge for 170 (nh)

NO ONE has ever handled Daley like that. Even though he wasnt completely KO'd he was right next to it, wobbling like hell. Diaz just proved that he can take a punch and can out strike a striker. I say hes #2 right now at 170
How can he be #2 just by beating a guy who's not even top 10? Diaz is good, but he's got a way to go before being top 5.
Same way Jon Jones got bumped up to #2 after beating Bader. Bader wasnt even in the top 10 when they fought and he sure isnt now. MMA math never adds up I dont see anyone outside of GSP maybe that can beat Diaz. Penn might give him a run for his money though.

Bader and Jones were 6th and 7th respectively. Jones jumped to 5th after that win. He's now #1 by winning the title.

Diaz would get bumped up. Number 2? I don't think so. It's not that big of a stretch though. Need to see if Diaz can survive one of the human blankets in the UFC before final judgment.
nerd.gif

I really hate the fact elbows on the ground are coming to Strikeforce. It will eventually ruin the ground game

They should allow upkicks to a 'grounded' opponent.

I really hate the fact elbows on the ground are coming to Strikeforce. It will eventually ruin the ground game

They should allow upkicks to a 'grounded' opponent.

Wait, what? You might be the only person with that opinion. I've never heard a fighter or fan complain about elbows on the ground before.

I think they should allow upkicks to grounded opponents and knees on the ground as well. Just not soccer kicks and stomps. You gotta give dudes at least a small chance against Aldo
laugh.gif

Can I be a Skrap Pack and a Mayhem fan?
frown.gif
I used to hate on Mayhem heavy cuz of the beef, but I've watch a lot of his fights and he's pretty damn good. Plus dude is hilarious and is a lot smarter than the Diaz bros
laugh.gif

DON'T BE SCARED, HOMIE
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Another entertaining Strikeforce event... My man Nick Diaz keeps it 100... and i'm pretty sure Gilbert Melendez would handle Frankie Edgar...

ruin it in what way?
it seems like most fighters can't even use elbows effectively.  you don't allow elbows, then the fighters on top are even more limited offensively.  gilbert was brutal with the elbows and it helped end the fight.

ruin it in what way?
it seems like most fighters can't even use elbows effectively.  you don't allow elbows, then the fighters on top are even more limited offensively.  gilbert was brutal with the elbows and it helped end the fight.
Short elbows are the #1 tool of grinders like Rashad, Kos and Fitch. Allows them to say in guard, not posture up to throw punches but still appear active. If they did not have elbows then they would have to raise up of throw punches, which gives the bottom guy a better chance to sweep, push the top man off. 

ruin it in what way?
Short elbows are the #1 tool of grinders like Rashad, Kos and Fitch. Allows them to say in guard, not posture up to throw punches but still appear active. If they did not have elbows then they would have to raise up of throw punches, which gives the bottom guy a better chance to sweep, push the top man off. 
The first thing that's taught in BJJ classes is to not let the guy posture up... Breaking the guy's posture and pulling him into you gives you the best chance for a sweep/sub. The #1 tool of those guys is their superior hip control, not short elbows.

Originally Posted by cjspida619

^ how where ur seats? Man mine where real good
i just gotta say THANK YOU SHOWTIME!  They really hooked it up with my seats.  I had row 1, section 214 on the floor directly behind the barrier where Mauro, Gus, and Frank were setup.  I didnt have a camera with me, so I had to take pics on my crappy phone (it didnt help that i didnt have a steady hand cause I had been drinking).

Ton of fighters in attendance and working corners for the fighters on the card.  From what I could tell, every fighter there was very fan friendly and approachable.  What a great night overall with great fights.

I haven't had a chance to read the messageboards or analysis yet, but did anyone else think that Gegard got robbed?  Maybe it was just from my vantage point and the lack of being able to see the fight from multiple angles, but I have no idea how any judge could have scored any round for Jardine.  

Bader and Jones were 6th and 7th respectively. Jones jumped to 5th after that win. He's now #1 by winning the title.
I dont see how either of them were ranked 6th or 7th. Is this the UFC 205 top 10 or top 10 in MMA? MMA Rankings are pointless honestly.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Sorry Mojo, I had Jardine winning the 1st round though.
yea i definitely have to re-watch the fight to see if it looked different from multiple vantage points.  my buddy/betting teammate (yea i know... im a loser) told me he had jardine taking rd 1 @ 10-8 with the penalty and mousasi taking 2nd and 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom