Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I feel bad for whoever paid for this card.

The last handful of PPV's have SUCKED.
Yup.
laugh.gif

Rampage tryna motorboat ol' girl. He has the next title shot as long as his hand is good to go by the fall. Time for him to get his belt back
pimp.gif

Glad Rampage won but it was nothing special
FML

I actually fell asleep during the third round of the Rampage fight.

Story with a big upset though.  Smashed Alves
ohwell.gif

Stann's striking looked nice. Good finish as well.

Browne looked like trash until he connected on that Superman punch.

Mir looking like a beast, but I think will still get killed by most top-tier HWs.

Bones Jones said on his twitter that he will be fighting Rampage next. Rampage better hope his hand IS NOT better because Bones is going to destroy him.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Glad Rampage won but it was nothing special
FML

I actually fell asleep during the third round of the Rampage fight.

Story with a big upset though.  Smashed Alves
ohwell.gif

Stann's striking looked nice. Good finish as well.

Browne looked like trash until he connected on that Superman punch.

Mir looking like a beast, but I think will still get killed by most top-tier HWs.

hahahahaha glad im not the only one who fell asleep for part of the main event.  in my defense I had been drinking since 11:30am and I was exhausted.

Rick Story has a granite chin.  Dude is going to be a problem for anyone not named GSP or Jon Fitch in the 170 division.  I still dont hate my bets, but damn did I get steamrolled this weekend with 4 different bets that all included Alves.  

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Bones Jones said on his twitter that he will be fighting Rampage next. Rampage better hope his hand IS NOT better because Bones is going to destroy him.

Rampage via TKO. Yes. I'm stanning.

Also:
- Nick Diaz vs GSP will not happen, thank Showtime for it.
- Carwin has dropped about 30 lbs, said he's improved cardio and neck problems
- Arianny Celeste said she has a 'dirty mind'

I heard that, too...but now it looks like the fight is on after all:
UFC president Dana White just made a lot of MMA fans very happy on Twitter with a massive announcement. After it was rumored that the UFC was working to bring Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz into the UFC to face Georges St. Pierre, it finally looks to be official. Via Dana's Twitter:
U wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

There were some hiccups in making the fight come to light. It briefly appeared that Showtime was stepping in to block Diaz from leaving Strikeforce and fighting on UFC PPV events. This led to the UFC denying the rumors of meetings between the promotion and Diaz's people that much of the media were reporting.

That would be sick if it was a deal like, Diaz goes to UFC to unify the belts at 137 and Showtime (the channel, not Pettis) gets Gilbert vs the UFC LW Champ for a show.

YES! I don't know how I missed that tweet but whatever. Rashad was fighting a rusty Rampage, Jones is gonna have problems with Rampage's TDD and unless he develops a stiff jab 'Page won't have a big problem with Jones reach.

That would be sick if it was a deal like, Diaz goes to UFC to unify the belts at 137 and Showtime (the channel, not Pettis) gets Gilbert vs the UFC LW Champ for a show.

I think it should only be for the UFC belt and not both. GSP should have to fight Diaz at a Strikeforce event to win that title. GSP will have a championship fight on free TV, but it only makes sense to me. Like if Chuck fought Wanderlei in PRIDE, it would be for the PRIDE title and not the UFC.

Originally Posted by quiickz

I think it should only be for the UFC belt and not both. GSP should have to fight Diaz at a Strikeforce event to win that title. GSP will have a championship fight on free TV, but it only makes sense to me. Like if Chuck fought Wanderlei in PRIDE, it would be for the PRIDE title and not the UFC.

laugh.gif
 GSP doesnt care about no Strikeforce title.  99% chance this fight is for the UFC belt only.  Maybe Nick will vacate the SF belt?  It would really put SF into even more of a minor league/little brother light if their current champ is holding a belt after getting DECISIVELY 5 round decisioned by GSP's takedown and blanket top control.

edit:

COMPLETELY UNRELATED but any SoCal NTers either competing in or going to check out Mundials this weekend down in Long Beach?  I have never been to a grappling tourney before, but since it is at my alma mater and only 20 minutes away from my house, I might try to swing by and watch some high level bjj action.  I wish Roger was competing then I definitely would make the effort to go check it out.

Man I was gonna say, no Diaz/GSP
frown.gif

Glad this thing is official. It's the most intriguing opponent the WW division can offer GSP. I don't care to see anyone else in that division challenge GSP because it'll be a boring match.

I pray that Diaz tightens up his TDD though

eek.gif
 @ GSP-Diaz.
Cant wait. 

GSPs last few fights have been good, but not too exciting.

Diaz will definitely push the pace.

Just looked at the UFC Live 4 card, looks pretty good:

[h2]UFC LIVE 4 FIGHT CARD[/h2]

horzLine.gif

[table][tr][td]
Matchups: 
Nate Marquardt vs. Anthony Johnson
Patrick Barry vs. Cheick Kongo
Tyson Griffin vs. Manny Gamburyan
Martin Kampmann vs. John Howard
Joe Stevenson vs. Javier Vasquez
Matt Mitrione vs. Christian Morecraft
Michael Johnson vs. Edward Faaloloto
TJ Grant vs. Charlie Brenneman
Charles Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz
Joe Lauzon vs. Curt Warburton
Matt Brown vs. Rich Attonito
Matt Grice vs. Ricardo Lamas
[/td][/tr][/table]

The only thing that sucks is we have to wait until October for UFC 137.  Hopefully the 4 months will go by quick.
quiickz, i know you have a bias towards Rampage but you can't honestly believe he won't have a problem with jones' reach.  Quinton had a tough time chasing down Hamill and connecting cleanly to knock him out.  Jones speed will make him look like Neo from the Matrix against him.  Rampage will be eating spinning elbows and flying knees.  I think his best chance of winning would be to rush forward and go for a quick KO.

That Fight Night card looks real solid. Kongo v Barry is going to end with someone old cold.

Pumped Diaz is getting GSP. GSP will have no choice but to push the pace. Diaz needs to train with world class wrestlers the next 4 months because that is the only place he will lose this fight.

pumped for ufc 137. Will definitely be purchasing UFC 134 and 137 now.

would be dope for Diaz to walk in the cage with the Strikeforce title and Strikeforce gloves

UFC[emoji]174[/emoji] UNDISPUTED[emoji]8482[/emoji] 3 RETURNS TO VIRTUAL OCTAGON[emoji]8482[/emoji] ACTION IN JANUARY 2012 WITH INTENSE TOE-TO-TOE COMBAT AND INCREASED ACCESSIBILITY

You've just rocked your opponent, the noise from the crowd is pulsating through the cage, the Light Heavyweight Championship is within your grasp, your corner-men are screaming to finish the fight, YOU are about define that crucial moment in the Octagon where victory is yours...IIIIITTTT'S TIME!

Brutal toe-to-toe combat, raw fight emotion, this is UFC Undisputed 3

Featuring the addition of PRIDE Mode, a brand new submission system, new ways to finish the fight and increased accessibility through both advanced and simplified gameplay controls, you will experience sheer brutal combat and a pure adrenaline rush every time you step inside the Octagon in UFC Undisputed 3.

Check out the first-look screenshots below and the new key features to get you revved up. UFC Undisputed 3 will deliver the most competitive and engaging experience to date for the franchise. And here we go!

Key Features

PRIDE MODE – Compete for the first time within the legendary PRIDE environment featuring official announcers and renowned Japanese MMA league rules, including brutal soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head.
FINISH THE FIGHT – With punishing new moves, a brand new submission system and increased focus on presentation, players will have more options than ever to take advantage of a downed opponent.

FROM BROADCAST TO CAGE-SIDE – Experience the intensity of UFC with new camera positions, compelling fighter entrances, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance.
GAMEPLAY ACCESSIBILITY – Get inside the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling players of all skill levels to experience the intensity of UFC while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.

EXTRAORDINARY ROSTER – Go head to head with more than 150 prolific UFC fighters, including the addition of Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions.

EXTENSIVE ONLINE OFFERING – A significantly revamped online experience, including both new and updated features, rounds out the best competitive fighting experience to date for the franchise.

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/blog-post/ufc-undisputed-3-step-inside?&p=ps

Originally Posted by shogun

The only thing that sucks is we have to wait until October for UFC 137.  Hopefully the 4 months will go by quick.
quiickz, i know you have a bias towards Rampage but you can't honestly believe he won't have a problem with jones' reach.  Quinton had a tough time chasing down Hamill and connecting cleanly to knock him out.  Jones speed will make him look like Neo from the Matrix against him.  Rampage will be eating spinning elbows and flying knees.  I think his best chance of winning would be to rush forward and go for a quick KO.

I'm hoping Rampage via Slam. Anyways, it seems Diaz has a new fight contract which allows him to fight on the UFC and SF on Showtime. Word is that Melendez may be getting a similar offer.

Hell yeah, let the crossing over begin!

I'm gonna need Melendez to fight any of the top 5 UFC LW's right now. Right now please.

If Diaz and Melendez switch over permanently, then those are big hits to Strikeforce.
Match up Gil with Gomi.  He has the chin and power to stand with him.  Instant fireworks.

Back
Top Bottom