Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Damn Pat, you coulda been a contender 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

^^^ He been working on it like crazy. Plus I was just really referring to him being in a main event and if he had finished he could moved up into a contender fight against like Carwin or something

Reading the last page and a half sounds like I missed at least one good fight.

I'll catch the reair Tuesday.

Is there any follow up to the Marquadt story?

Originally Posted by toine2983

Reading the last page and a half sounds like I missed at least one good fight.

I'll catch the reair Tuesday.

Is there any follow up to the Marquadt story?

He will be on Ariel Helwani's MMAHour podcast tmrw or Tuesday afternoon.

Barry tries too hard to be funny sometimes.  He also seems really emo / bipolar.  Whenever he does his mean face, he looks like he's about to cry.
I think Mitrione is a lot funnier.

Marquardt shouldn't have waited this long to talk about it.  The majority of people think he got busted for roids or tried to cheat a piss test.  I don't think that was the issue since the athletic commission and the ufc knew about the medical issue and gave him 6 weeks to handle it.  He also made weight so that can't be it either.

damn wanted hd to win but it seemed like whenever congo was out another hit would wake him up, crazy fight

Originally Posted by shogun

Barry tries too hard to be funny sometimes.  He also seems really emo / bipolar.  Whenever he does his mean face, he looks like he's about to cry.
I think Mitrione is a lot funnier.

Marquardt shouldn't have waited this long to talk about it.  The majority of people think he got busted for roids or tried to cheat a piss test.  I don't think that was the issue since the athletic commission and the ufc knew about the medical issue and gave him 6 weeks to handle it.  He also made weight so that can't be it either.
I don't think it's him trying to hard to be funny. A lot of people in this sport never act like they're fighters outside of the cage. It's crazy that some of the nicest guys are the ones that'll can beat your @%% quick.

Dude is usually one extreme or the other like he said in interviews.  He's either acting like a goofball and constantly talking about ninjas or when wants to be serious he has a chip on his shoulder and has the constipation face on.
I think they might match up Kongo and Mitrione next.  Should be a slobber knocker and lots of brain cells will die.

I think they might match up Kongo and Mitrione next.  Should be a slobber knocker and lots of brain cells will die.
nah Mitrione would knock him out quick... too nice with his hands

Cheick is slow (not quick anyway)... he hides it with his kickboxing but i think MM gets inside and sleeps him with a combo jus like he did Morecraft

Kongo vs Mitrione would be a good fight I think...I'd like to see that especially after what happened last night with both of them

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Marquardt probably got hepatitis or some %*%*.
Nah, I think he had hormone replacement therapy or taking some other prescription drug and probably failed to provide the prescribing doctors information. There wasn't a prescribing doctor because he was just taking drugs on his own. He let the UFC believe it was legit and at the last minute he came clean. Screwing the UFC and causing Dana to cut him. ESPN is hinting at that theory too

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Crazy finish. Gif of the ring girl's reactions please.
laugh.gif
If this was a Conan movie, all 3 of them would be his for the night to do whatever he pleases.
swear when he walked off victorious like
smokin.gif
and i saw them girls in the back like  
eek.gif

embarassed.gif
  i had visions of him taking down all them b...... (nh)
laugh.gif

A little hard for me to believe that someone as brolic as Nate isn't producing enough testosterone on his own.
eyes.gif

Shrug, I'm no doctor.

So this is how I take it

He was on hormone replacement legally in his fight against Dan Miller. Then he was told to get off the treatment until further tests concluded that he needed it. He begins training for his fight against Story without the treatment. When tests come back  and he is green lit to get back on treatment it's close to fight night. "His doctor" tells him to crank up the dosage and thus results in too high levels of testosterone for the fight.

Not sure who to blame here. Him, "his doctor" or the commission.

Should White be more lenient? Not sure how this warrants a permanent ban.

my picks for saturday....

UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber 2
Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber
Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben
Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Brad Tavares vs. Aaron Simpson
Rafael dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulos
Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader
Matt Wiman vs. Dennis Siver
Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller
Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani
Donny Walker vs. Jeff Hougland
[h1][/h1]

This is pretty relevant here if you guys are interested.

Gina Carano is starring in Steven Soderbergh's Black Op's action film Haywire, with Michael Fassbender - they just released the 1st picture of her from the film - http://bit.ly/kn8lvK

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

my picks for saturday....

UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber 2
Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber
Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben
Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Brad Tavares vs. Aaron Simpson
Rafael dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulos
Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader
Matt Wiman vs. Dennis Siver
Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller
Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani
Donny Walker vs. Jeff Hougland
[h1][/h1]

looks like we are on the same page

sucks that i probably will not be able to watch the event cause I have a friends bday dinner and I am technically ignorant about locating torrents or downloads of the event after the fact.  I am highly considering just coughing up the $60 for the PPV, recording it, and watching it the next day but that seems like such a waste, especially if my picks are wrong.  on that note,  if anyone wants to WIN money, just fade my picks.  I have been on somewhat of a dead streak and chances are that terrible streak will continue.  I half jokingly told my buddy to fade my picks on the last Strikeforce Challengers event (damn you Ryan Couture) and he ended up winning a decent amount of coin.

Here are my plays.  A couple of "reload" plays cause I thought twice and decided to buy more right after booking the initial bets.  If anyone wants to do a friendly vig-free wager with me, let me know
smile.gif

Jun 30, 2011 12:50 PM (12:50:04 PM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630125017-1 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       96/35         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2280. M GUILLARD[/td][td]ML  -275        [/td][/tr][/table]
Jun 30, 2011 12:50 PM (12:51:01 PM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630125017-2 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       51/25         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2300. A SIMPSON[/td][td]ML  -205        [/td][/tr][/table]
Jun 30, 2011 12:50 PM (12:51:02 PM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630125017-3 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       36/30         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2271. D.H. KIM[/td][td]ML  -120        [/td][/tr][/table]
Jun 30, 2011 12:50 PM (12:54:01 PM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630125017-4 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       69/25         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2280. M GUILLARD[/td][td]ML  -275        [/td][/tr][/table]
Jun 30, 2011 01:02 PM (01:02:03 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630130220-1 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       36/30         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2271. D.H. KIM[/td][td]ML  -120        [/td][/tr][/table]
Jun 30, 2011 01:02 PM (01:04:02 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110630130220-2 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       45/30         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2264. D CRUZ[/td][td]ML  -150        [/td][/tr][/table]

Faber was throwing hella barbs at Cruz in the conference, lol.

Smells of a guy who might be a bit nervous. Cruz has that quiet scary confidence. I don't think Faber is gonna be able to deal with Cruz's quickness and speed. Sure Cruz might not knock him out but I think he's gonna be able to stay off the ground in dangerous positions, and also wear Faber out standing up.

Back
Top Bottom