Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

sorry to continue to beat a deadhose but...

Fabricio stopped in at the gym last night and spoke with the class for a few minutes about his fight and his breakdown of what happened.

in a nutshell

1. he had a gameplan going into it, but was unable to execute it. he acknowleges that he should have listened to what his corner/coaches was saying, but for some reason he kinda went on instinct/autopilot (especially later in the fight).
2. He acknowleges that Reem had a good strategy and was able to execute his plan much better than he (Werdum) was.
3. While he stressed that it is NOT an excuse for his performance, he did mention that he injured his knee at the beginning of Rd 2. He said after he tweaked his knee, it made him more tenative about standing and striking because he could not put weight on that leg/knee to push off of it.

Not trying to speak for him as I do not even know the guy, nor am I in a position to speak for anyone. This is just purely my own opinion/speculation based on what I heard and saw. It seems like he acknowleges that he didn't put his best effort forward and is understanding of the criticism from fans about that fight. He seems to be aware of what went wrong and what he needs to work on for his next fight so that he can put on a better performance.

Obviously I am biased as a student of his school, but I am optimistic that he will bounce back and work/train hard in order to put on a great performance for his next fight.

Interesting Mojo

Hopefully he is more confident in his standup next time around because it seems like he's improved a lot. He didn't necessarily ever threaten Reem, but he definitely could have put on a better show had he stayed on his feet a bit more. He was landing in his exchanges, it could have led to a more natural ground game lol

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

pimp.gif

Nate =/= Nick.

Pass whatever you're smoking this way.

^ ???

i think he means to say that nate does not equal nick

SF Challengers tonight boys. Excited to see Fodor back in action. Villante v. Larkin should be a good solid matchup too.

According to the allelbows people, his weight was fine. Must be something else...

The hate for Nate on websites has been heavy.  Tons of people saying he deserved to get cut for what he did without even knowing what he did.  
indifferent.gif

If it was something like PED's or trying to cheat a piss test, why is that cheater chael sonnen still with the company?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
. looks like we will find out more tonight.

im pissed i missed the Strikeforce Challengers event last night. not having Showtime FML. I heard there were some good fights too.

Originally Posted by shogun

The hate for Nate on websites has been heavy.  Tons of people saying he deserved to get cut for what he did without even knowing what he did.  
indifferent.gif

If it was something like PED's or trying to cheat a piss test, why is that cheater chael sonnen still with the company?

Chael was taking medication for treatment of his condition...

War Chael.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

indifferent.gif

War Chael.
pimp.gif
Right. And add to that, Chael's a character and a personality. Nate's boring as hell, especially now that he's become more methodical in the cage.
That said, I'm convinced Nate tried to fake a piss test as others have speculated above.

So there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there. I first thought He couldn't make weight and Dana was reverse trolling Spike TV 
laugh.gif

Spike was planning on running a Nate Marathon to counter-program Versus tonight.  

I read somewhere that they upped their price and Spike wasn't willing to pay. This will be the last year for UFC on spike.

UFC looking to get there own channel or a network deal (rumors) 

Then I saw the vid of him making weight  here

if you watch the vid you see Charlie Brenneman (his replacement) cutting with him, but his bout was scrapped days before... Suspicious IMO

So I'm thinking Dana knew Nate had to pull out earlier because of some medical reason (rumors of broken foot, staph infection)

Milked it to screw over spike and create buzz. Even though he failed his meds. He waits to give a specific reason? and Nate will be making a statement as well.

If he's mad at Nate, Why give him the face time? I think it was all a WWE publicity stunt 

Nate is gonna fight the Daley/Woodley winner for the SF strap. 

He did just say out of the 'UFC'  

or... he could've been caught with a whizinator 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

War Chael.
pimp.gif
What condition? Because his testosterone levels got lower as he got into is 30s, something that happens to every man. *+%% with that %$$* 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HypogonadismRustyShackleford wrote:

indifferent.gif

War Chael.
pimp.gif
What condition? Because his testosterone levels got lower as he got into is 30s, something that happens to every man. *+%% with that %$$* 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypogonadism

Back
Top Bottom