Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by quiickz

laugh.gif

http://www.mmafighting.co...than-rival-rashad-evans/
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just watched TUF, great 1st ep btw, lol @ Dana crossing off that guy who beat Micah Miller (Cole's brother) before the fight had even started. Micah did have lots of experience and fought guys in the WEC and Dream previously. Really lookin forward to seein more of TUF 14, could be one of the best seasons in years.

stayed up late last night to catch up on Ep 1 of TUF and DAMN... some ridiculous fights. Couple of straight zombies there who can eat punches like they are cheeseburgers.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

stayed up late last night to catch up on Ep 1 of TUF and DAMN... some ridiculous fights. Couple of straight zombies there who can eat punches like they are cheeseburgers.

Me too. Shaping up to be a great season of TUF

Really looking forward to Rampage v. Jones tommorrow.
pimp.gif

I'll really pulling for Page in this fight, I like Jones but Page is right, Jon just comes off as so fake. He tries to put on this good guy routine but you can see right through it. And the !#%%!@!+ he keeps taking about him being champion is somehow God's will is the most annoying thing I have ever heard a fighter say. 

kinda offtopic but

Anyone gonna be tuning in for ADCC this weekend? Sucks to watch live with the time difference, but I am hoping to catch the replays later.

Should be some excellent grappling matchups if anyone is into that stuff. Two instructors from my school are competing, and hopefully they both have a great showing even though they are in the same division (+99kg Werdum and Jarrod Bunch). Both drew tough matchups in the 1st round (Werdum v. Alexander Trans and Bunch v. Glover Texeira) but then again, who isnt a tough draw at ADCC?

TUF was
pimp.gif

Lots of big KO's and
eek.gif
eek.gif
at a couple of the guys just taking HUGE shots to the chin and staying on their feet. Crazy man... Too bad some of those guys were eliminated so early.

Good weigh ins.

- Gomi looks like he wants to hurt somebody. Nate looks ready. Should be FOTY.

- Not really sure about the placement of the Broughton vs Browne fight on the main card, but I'm thinking the big hapa brother wins via KO.

- A very different vibe from Jon Jones this time. Zero nerves
eek.gif

TUF is looking very promising this season.

I expect big things from TJ Dillashaw
pimp.gif

In the interest of entertainment, I wonder if they'll talk about Brian Caraway's girlfriend (get's the people goin!).

Seems like a lot of people are pulling for Rampage, myself as well. Going to put a little money on him just because of the odds, hopefully he comes through and wins me some drinking money for tomorrow night.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Seems like a lot of people are pulling for Rampage, myself as well. Going to put a little money on him just because of the odds, hopefully he comes through and wins me some drinking money for tomorrow night.
hahahaha youre better off buying yourself 1-2 drinks with that money, rather than hoping and praying for enough money for 5 drinks and ending up with 0.

that being said, i bet a couple of bucks on rampage because i hate money.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

How the #*$& does 6'4" Jon Jones only weigh 204 LBs????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Make me feel like a fatass for weighing 195 at 6'0"
laugh.gif

Kid's got chicken legs. 

I'm pulling for Rampage and
Heres how I see the fight going down:

Rounds 1-2: Feeling out process. I feel rampage will actually take jones down and work methodically breaking him down from full guard.

Round 3: Rampage engages in some dirty boxing and wears jones down.

Round 4: I see jones being down in the scorecard and he presses. Rampage catches him with a hook when jones rushes in. Rampage wins via TKO

Here are some points for rampage's victory.
1) Wear Jones down with some ground work and dirty boxing. Although Jones has a leaner body, his style of unorthodox striking and wrestling will tire him out faster than Rampage's style of swinging for the fences.
2) Rampage will need to close the distance with jones by being a counter puncher and striking only when jones comes in via strike/takedown
3) Rampage will need to sprawl and be on top of Jones during the ground portions of the fight because if he's on the ground he's a useless turtle on his back.

Rampage can win the fight via knockout but he needs to pick his spots. By grinding and wearing down the champ with some ground work and dirty boxing, jones will be less effective in the later rounds. Once he has found an opening, he will need to unload one of his monster hooks once jones comes in on him.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

1) Wear Jones down with some ground work and dirty boxing. Although Jones has a leaner body, his style of unorthodox striking and wrestling will tire him out faster than Rampage's style of swinging for the fences.
Rampage.... ground work?

I refuse to believe Jones will gas until I see it happen. He definitely has the edge in cardio. As much as I love Page, I don't see any way for him to win other than a huge KO.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

Rampage.... ground work?

I refuse to believe Jones will gas until I see it happen. He definitely has the edge in cardio. As much as I love Page, I don't see any way for him to win other than a huge KO.
Bonnar fight. Lifetime ago but he gassed hard in the 3rd.

Also in the Shogun fight he didn't seem gassed as such but it looked like he was being real careful to pace himself.

The longer it goes the more i favour Rampage.

Yes when the match gets into the later rounds, I don't think Jone will be at his best. If rampage trained as hard as they tried to sell it, then he should be fine going into the later rounds because he has been there before. I can definitely see this going into atleast the 3rd round because Jone does NOT have knockout power and shogun lasted till round 3 who had ring rust. Rampage can take a beating like no other and with the exception of knees from the clinch and soccer kicks, he should be fine.

edit: looking at bambi legs, his lower body seems pretty weak and I dont think he'll be able to take rampage down because Rampage can get much lower than him and he has tree trunks for legs. I'm interested to see if Jones will be able to take a haymaker without collapsing. A weak core = easy knockout.

Back
Top Bottom