Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Shogun - agreed. Rampage has to make this fight dirty and non-technical. Jones is just too big and strong, the guy looks like a heavyweight in there. No one has really put him in a bad spot, but I think that's because Jones makes it difficult for people to do that. Should be entertaining though, Rampage is never one to back down from a fight.

Dude, Ellenberger looked scary in his last fight. It's a pretty big step up for him though and Shields should be super-motivated after breaking his win streak against GSP. If this fight goes to the ground I think Shields wins. I don't think Shields wants to keep it standing, unless he's going to throw more eye pokes.

The Talent
pimp.gif

That main event was lackluster.  Each time one of GSP's old opponents gets finished, it makes his decisions seem that more boring.  I expect the trend will continue if Hughes somehow finishes Koscheck.
Jones looked like such a lame in that interview.  I don't like Rampage but he comes off as humble compared to Jones.  Jon talks as if he's a way better person than everyone else.

Originally Posted by shogun

That main event was lackluster.  Each time one of GSP's old opponents gets finished, it makes his decisions seem that more boring.  I expect the trend will continue if Hughes somehow finishes Koscheck.
Jones looked like such a lame in that interview.  I don't like Rampage but he comes off as humble compared to Jones.  Jon talks as if he's a way better person than everyone else.

eyes.gif

damn i missed the main event. need to catch it on youtube tomorrow.

And the Jones/Rampage interview was so awkward
laugh.gif

Seems like Shields drastically underestimated Juggernaut, especially his strength and striking. I thought this fight would go 2-3 rounds as well, but once he got caught in that clinch...over.

I just saw the KO and wow, Ellenberger is a beast. Huge win for him, especially HOW he won it. Maybe he should get the winner of Penn/Diaz or the loser of GSP/Condit next. I think he already lost (barely) to Condit though.

Shields maybe should go back to MW? His MW resume is crazy, his best wins were at that weight and this is 3 fights in a row at WW where he seemed average.

^Sweet, was just about to post it. That is a NICE fight, names, styles, everything. AND we get Vitor and Cung Le before it. This event just got way better.

Hughes thinking about retiring after the Koscheck fight: http://www.heavy.com/mma/...8Heavy.com+%C2%BB+MMA%29

Dang, seems like he thought about retiring after the second GSP fight. And that was a while ago, plus he just got canned by BJ. I think Kos is gonna knock him out too, or at least win the fight easily.

Yeah with a loss I def see Hughes retiring. Great career but it looks like its time to hang them up. Also, really looking forward to 137 and 139. As for Jones and Rampage, I see Bones making quick work of 'Page who has looked very unimpressive in his last 3 fights.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Seems like Shields drastically underestimated Juggernaut, especially his strength and striking. I thought this fight would go 2-3 rounds as well, but once he got caught in that clinch...over.

I just saw the KO and wow, Ellenberger is a beast. Huge win for him, especially HOW he won it. Maybe he should get the winner of Penn/Diaz or the loser of GSP/Condit next. I think he already lost (barely) to Condit though.

Shields maybe should go back to MW? His MW resume is crazy, his best wins were at that weight and this is 3 fights in a row at WW where he seemed average.
I think its too early to tell with Shields future, you got remember his dad just passed away and he was probably fighting on pure emotion and mourning. I bet his head wasn't straight, lots of sleepless nights and horrible training sessions. Not to take anything from Ellenberger, but hes a beast and they should just give him Jon Fitch in December. I want to see somebody knock out Jon Fitch before I die.

Shields looks straight emaciated @ 170, sucks because he's too small for MW in the UFC. He's a tweener IMO like Franklin

That's right about Shields and his situation before the fight. Takes a lot to stay in that fight and go through with everything so quickly after his dad passed. Ellenberger/Fitch would be a nice fight to make, but Fitch has to get through Hendricks first.

At 170 Shields definitely doesn't look as shredded as some of these other dudes, like GSP and Ellenberger. But his game is primarily, or it used to be anyway, BJJ.

Back
Top Bottom