Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Awesome ending.

Dunno why the fans were booing throughout, the pace was decent. It looked comical, like the fight was a gimmick because of the height difference.

The strength to pick up Struve and slam him, and the technique of Struve to get the triangle and hold onto it after being slammed. Unreal.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Ref stopped the fight too early even though Rumble would have probably finished him.

agreed

Brenneman took the shot well though
eek.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Ref stopped the fight too early even though Rumble would have probably finished him.

agreed

Brenneman took the shot well though
eek.gif
my boy Charlie is tough... hes from my hometown/highschool

honestly im glad they stopped it... Rumble is too big for that division... son was treating him like his lil bro jus squishin his face into the mat for minutes atta time
sick.gif

Bantamweight scraps can really be hit or miss. These guys are so quick and fast, but they don't have a lot of power. It's no surprise that they choose this title fight to show for free on Versus. I don't see people shelling out for PPV on bantamweight fights unless it's Faber or something.

The title fight was ehhhh. Cruz definitely showed he was better, but he didn't exactly beat Johnson down (although his cheek looked bad). Wiman/Danzig was the best fight I've seen in a while.

Looking forward to Edgar/Maynard III and Aldo/Florian. Guillard is on that card too, some nice fights coming up.

Dana White stated last night that Gilbert Melendez will be the next one to transition from Strikeforce to the UFC. And he also said Werdum is most likely to return to the UFC as well.

The way that UFC is transitioning fighters is stupid.

They should've just have a card with

Cain vs. Overeem
Bones vs. Hendo
GSP vs. Nate
Frankie/Gray vs. Melendez

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Bantamweight scraps can really be hit or miss. These guys are so quick and fast, but they don't have a lot of power. It's no surprise that they choose this title fight to show for free on Versus. I don't see people shelling out for PPV on bantamweight fights unless it's Faber or something.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when watching last night.

Dana was probably pissed when Faber lost to Cruz, since Urijah already had a big name and a strong fanbase to carry the division.

Cruz is still very new to the audience (as is the championship itself), and will probably continue to be defended on free tv (or paired up with another championship fight on PPV) atleast for a little while.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Cain vs. Overeem
Bones vs. Hendo
GSP vs. Nate Nick

definitely would've been cool, Overeem might not have been justified cause dude looked terrible against Werdum, who's the only legit heavyweight he's fought in a while, but I wouldn't mind the other matchups though

Cain vs. Overeem
Bones vs. Hendo
GSP vs. Nate
Not as easy as it sounds though.

Bones for one was already scheduled to fight Rampage and Rampage shouldn't have had to wait for his shot. Dan Henderson hasn't really done much to prove he deserves an immediate shot at any of the UFC champs. Outside of defeating a Fedor, who seems to need a reboot, Hendo needs to do a bit more to earn a title shot in the UFC.
Cain and JDS was already scheduled a loooong time ago, and is a fight I'd 100x rather see than Overeem
GSP was already scheduled to fight Nick Diaz, but Diaz shot himself in the foot
Frankie Edgar or Gray will fight Melendez anyway, it'll probably be Gil's first fight in the UFC

So it's all good really

Originally Posted by chino905

Dana White stated last night that Gilbert Melendez will be the next one to transition from Strikeforce to the UFC. And he also said Werdum is most likely to return to the UFC as well.
damn been busy at the office so I havent been able to keep up with the latest MMA news.

If Gil comes to the UFC are they canceling his title fight with Masvidal?  I was kinda looking forward to that fight.

I overhead Fabricio saying that they are trying to get him a fight for Nov or Dec of this year but they did not mention who his opponent will be.

No buzz about the upcoming PPV?

With Gil going to the UFC, the only person they need now is Alvarez.  There's no one for Eddie to fight except if he wants to go to Japan and fight Aoki again.  Gil's wrestling, sub defense, and chin are all solid.  Plus he hits hard.  He'll be a tough fight for any of the top guys.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by chino905

damn been busy at the office so I havent been able to keep up with the latest MMA news.

If Gil comes to the UFC are they canceling his title fight with Masvidal?  I was kinda looking forward to that fight.  
[h3]Melendez focused on next fight -- in SF

UFC president Dana White made it abundantly clear Saturday night in Washington that he intends to sign Gilbert Melendez to a promotional contract "ASAP."

“We’re looking to bring [Melendez] over right now,[/h3]

Cain vs. Overeem
Bones vs. Hendo
GSP vs. Nate
Three title fights on one card??...... Might aswel have Spider fight Lombard while we're at it
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back to the real world.... 136 is stacked stupid!

You Got Pettis/Stephens and Maia/Santiago on the damb pre-lims
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

no one caught bellator? i just watched it (dvr) Joe Warren getting brutally KO'd by Alexis Vila
eek.gif
. and Warren crying like a little *##$@ after
laugh.gif

1.gif
Ref pushed dude off like Warren was his first born
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

136 is stacked stupid!

This card really is stacked from top to bottom. Even all the Facebook prelim fights are are going to be pretty damn good.

damn i just need to find a way to get the wife out of the house so i can watch all the facebook and spike cards in peace.

Back
Top Bottom