Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

WOW, McCullogh vs. Alexander was horrible. I saw nothing. They both deserve the L. No real punches, few kicks from Rob and couple takedowns. I was making foodwhen this fight was happening. Worst 15 minutes of my life.

Last nights fights.

Smith/Lawler was easily the best fight of the night too bad for the accidental finger to the eye. I really wanted to keep watching that slugfest go.

Kimbo/Thompson Kimbo basically showed me NOTHING. He will never beat a real all around opponent. How is he gonna beat someone with a great ground game ifThompson had him on the ground and was pounding him with Kimbo IMO not really defending himself.

THAT WOMAN COP WALKING IN MARK MUNOZ IS WAY TOO DAMN FINE TO BE A REAL COP. I REMMEBER LAST WEC THEY HAD 2 LIKE BOMB LOOKIN LADY COPS WALKING IN FIGHTERSTOO...SAC PD HAS SOME FINE LOOKIN LADY COPS MAN.

I don't get Versus.
frown.gif

Last night was my first MMA viewing experience, and I enjoyed it from start to finish, and I watched every minute.

What other channels does it air on? Spike is one, isn't it?

Yeah Spike has a lot of UFC coverage.

Their "The Ultimate Fighter" reality show is pretty good too. It comes on Wednesday nights.

^^^ Spike is UFC with Ultimate Fighter and other UFC related things. WEC is all Versus. Nobody gets Versus. I don't get Versus. Don't worry Ska eitherway this fight will be re-aired for the next 3 months. You will be able to see every fight at least three times on Versus.

Wreckage FTW!!!
laugh.gif

I don't get Versus.

Last night was my first MMA viewing experience, and I enjoyed it from start to finish, and I watched every minute.

What other channels does it air on? Spike is one, isn't it?

HDNet, Spiketv, Showtime all have some sort of MMA.

I see mah boy Mark Munoz won the fight but he has alot to work on stand up.....Hopefully i can get him to go with me in Hilo in a couple of months so he couldtrain with BJ and us Hawaii, that will help him alot. Hopefully Faber's training with BJ in Hilo pays off also because BJ worked Faber in the ground withease; It was pretty intense just being there and watching it.

^ yeah he did.. ref was totally out of position..dude could have gotten seriously hurt.

anybody's VS channel having digital glitches or something like that?

Well I don't get HDNet or Showtime, either.

Sooo... for me, looks like... Spike FTW!!
laugh.gif

How often do they air stuff?

And... what are UFC, MMA, and WEC? I'm not asking about what the letters stand for. Are thy like, different entities that operate under basically the samerules (like the NBA Eastern Conference and the NBA Western Conference)? Or are they completely, completely different things, like the NBA and the NHL?

UFC, WEC and EliteXC are different leagues that operate under the same rules (or at least they're supposed to). MMA is the name of the sport...MixedMartial Arts

UFC is the most popular and has the biggest fighters, WEC is the up an coming league with a lot of talented fighters but they cater more to the smaller weightdivisions and Elite XC is the least "elite" of those 3 leagues.

Kind of like how soccer has the Italian League, The MLS, the Premiere League, etc.

They are different entities in the same sport that basically operate under the same guidelines.

So is there one that is pretty much agreed upon as inferior to the others? Like, pretty much everyone into soccer knows that the MLS is inferior to soccerleagues in other countries. Between EliteXC, WEC, and UFC, is one clearly better than the other two, or is one clearly worst than the other two? Or are allthree of them kinds of on the same level?

Thanks for all the info, guys. Much appreciated.

I really wish I was able to watch tonight's matches.

Its like WWF and WCW back in the day IMO.... i think its a lot based on personal preference to decide which ones best... each one has different fighters.

Back
Top Bottom