Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by BlackCease

WOW, both top contenders looking terrible tonight, Chael Sonnen is some %+@+ and Rashad ain't what he's hyped up to be either, no way these dudes are beating Bones or Anderson. 

Evans making Davis look like an *+% hole, I would say far from terrible. 

True he's making Phil look bad but Davis is basically just a wrestler man, he's terrible on his feet, he has no hand speed and he's just awkward and Rashad let this dude get to the fifth?  He shoulda been had him out of there.  Jones is gonna eat Rashad man.  Jones knows it too, lol, look how happy he was at that commentators table.

laugh.gif

I thought Rashad looked great. Of course, a finish is always preferred...but he certainly backed up the wrestling talk. I did not think that somebody on Mr. Wonderful's level would get put in the crucifix twice in one fight.

One thing I would suggest for the next Fox broadcast is to leave a 5-7 minute swing slot in the schedule to show one of the first round finishes from the undercard. They do this on PPV, obviously, but they seem set on a certain number of fights for the network show. Charles Oliveira's calf slicer sub would've been perfect. 

2.gif

I fell asleep before the end of the 5th round 
laugh.gif
.  Not really a good night of fights.  FX seems to get the better fights.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

so is this gonna become official soon?

sonnen-belt-2_large.jpg
If Anderson is healthy he will destroy Sonnen in under 3 rounds. Either knock him out or tap him 
Chael is all hype, he has never done anything of significance in this sports besides run his mouth and juice to beat down Okami And Marquardt. And got a absolute gift of a decision last night against Mike Bisping. 

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "robbery," but Bisping took the first two rounds in my opinion. 
Phil Davis wasn't ready for this fight. It seemed like his game-plan was to survive more than do anything to win. At times late in the fourth and fifth rounds I feel like Rashad didn't push hard enough to secure a knockout. 

Last night's main card did not deliver. First Fox card lasted 20 seconds, second Fox card had all the fights going the distance. No wonder Dana didnt' show up at the post fight press conference
laugh.gif

Sonnen/Bisping was a close close fight. Fight could have went either way. But now that Sonnen gets his rematch, i think hes gonna finish the job against Silva.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Nako XL

so is this gonna become official soon?

sonnen-belt-2_large.jpg
If Anderson is healthy he will destroy Sonnen in under 3 rounds. Either knock him out or tap him 
Chael is all hype, he has never done anything of significance in this sports besides run his mouth and juice to beat down Okami And Marquardt. And got a absolute gift of a decision last night against Mike Bisping. 

I don't know about gift of a decision...  I thought Bisping won just off an eye test, but...

FightMetric: Sonnen vs. Bisping Official UFC Statistics

1307243683r.jpg

1307243683l.jpg

1307243969.jpg

awful night for FOX and the UFC, that didn't win over any fans

Rashad was not impressive, he controlled the fight but didn't make anyone say wow, that guy deserves a shot at the belt.

Sonnen didn't look good or normal at all.

Dana couldn't be too happy

If the UFC was smart they would put a lightweight, a featherweight, and a bantamweight fight on the next Fox event.  I know crowds love the larger weight classes but they disappoint way more than the little guys do.

hat's off to evan's for just straight up outclassing davis, dunno if the spotlight was a little too much for phil but he definitely looked "off." Definitely looking forward to the Bones/Shad match up should a be a good one!

Sonnen didn't look too impressive either fight could have went either way imo was surprised to see the score 30-27 haha we must have been watching two different fights.

Originally Posted by shogun

If the UFC was smart they would put a lightweight, a featherweight, and a bantamweight fight on the next Fox event.  I know crowds love the larger weight classes but they disappoint way more than the little guys do.
i think the problem is that the smaller guys lack star power to the casual fan.

I personally cant wait for UFC on FX2.  The debut of the FUTURE UFC FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION Uncle Creepy Ian McCall.  His fight with Mighty Mouse is gonna be a face paced war.  Thiago v. Kampmann is another FOTN candidate as well.  While these fights have way more potential than this past Fox card (in terms of excitement) chances are no one will care.

not sure if we will be able to watch it stateside, but it looks like the coaching staffs have been set for TUF:Brazil.

Team Wand coaches will include

Rafael Cordeiro
Fabricio Werdum
Dida
Babalu

Jim Miller vs Nate Diaz has been made a 5 round fight for the May 5 show, meaning it is main eventing Fox. That's a very questionable decision imo.

Lavar Johnson vs Pat Berry is also on the Fox show, likely the opener. At least Fox should have a fun 1st round knockout opener next time.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Jim Miller vs Nate Diaz has been made a 5 round fight for the May 5 show, meaning it is main eventing Fox. That's a very questionable decision imo.
Questionable for rating, but I am SO JUICED this is gonna be a 5 rounder.

And fuuuu I HATE Vice
laugh.gif
But I will definitely be there because Nate is my favorite fighter.

Over/Under Goldy saying "Stockton Slap" during the PPV... I am setting it at 4.5

Diaz is not taking Condit lightly bringing in Schilling and Mulkey... He knows what Condit is all about and is preparing

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

They're probably tired of the big name guys providing such lackluster performances...
For the non-mma fans or the very casual fans, they probably don't even know who the big names are anymore.  A really exciting fight will get them talking and tuning in the next time more than anything.  Maybe the Fox events are just jinxed.

Can't wait for the title fight on Saturday.  It'll the first exciting welterweight title fight we've seen in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom