Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

You wanted a 10-7 round?  
eek.gif

When was the last time there has been a 10-7 round?  I honestly can't remember seeing one scored like that before.  You'd basically have to almost murder your opponent.

I like Frankie but they need to chill on the rematches.  The division is so deep and all we have seen for a while now are title rematches.  If Edgar wins does that mean Henderson would get an immediate rematch also and have a trilogy?  
sick.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

You wanted a 10-7 round?  
eek.gif

When was the last time there has been a 10-7 round?  I honestly can't remember seeing one scored like that before.  You'd basically have to almost murder your opponent.

I like Frankie but they need to chill on the rematches.  The division is so deep and all we have seen for a while now are title rematches.  If Edgar wins does that mean Henderson would get an immediate rematch also and have a trilogy?  
sick.gif

kalib Starnes vs Nate quarry

You wanted a 10-7 round?  
eek.gif

sick.gif
Please find me a round where someone got their #%% handed to them worse than in Edgar vs Maynard II. He was knocked down literally 4 or 5 times and mounted almost zero offense the entire round.

And OK, maybe "fan" is the wrong word, but I think he's an awesome fighter with huge heart. I'm just tired of his endless string of title shots, especially because I thought he lost two of them. I have nothing but respect for Frankie, even if he is a point fighter.

And like you said, what if Frankie wins a close decision? I really have a hard time believing he's gonna dominate Benson, so this is very likely. Another rematch?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

have you guys seen the mma live show on spike? thoughts?

It's terrible.
not surprised, why the hell is Craig Carton the host of the show? Get someone like Helwani or someone who knows MMA in there

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

You wanted a 10-7 round?  
eek.gif

Please find me a round where someone got their #%% handed to them worse than in Edgar vs Maynard II. He was knocked down literally 4 or 5 times and mounted almost zero offense the entire round.
That's why I was asking.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen a round scored 10-7.  Just like we don't see judges give out 10-10 rounds.

You wanted a 10-7 round?  
eek.gif

That's why I was asking.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen a round scored 10-7.  Just like we don't see judges give out 10-10 rounds.
Starnes vs. Quarry like other dude said
laugh.gif

But seriously, there is such thing in MMA as a 10-7 round, and I think Maynard deserved it. Those uppercuts he was dropping Frankie with were
sick.gif
. It was far worse than a lot of 10-8 rounds that I've seen. I also think there should be an occasional 10-10 round. Like maybe in the Edgar/ Bendo fight in the 5th when Frankie dropped Henderson, but Henderson controlled the rest of the round.

i don't like frankie, but I feel he deserves a rematch.

huge BJ fan, felt like BJ won the first fight but whatever.

as said before, frankie did rematch with BJ, obviously had to do the rematch with gray.

it's fair in my book. should be another good one.

Just a few announced bouts:

Thiago Silva will replace Lil Nog to fight Gustafsson on UFC on Fuel 2 on April 14th.

Frank Mir vs. Cain Valesquez announed for UFC 146.

Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva also announced for UFC 146.

Eddie Alvarez gets his remath with Aoki in Bellator on April 20th.

Michael Chandler's first fight since his title win over Alvarez will be against Akihiro Gono on May 4th.

Ok so if Edgar wins the rematch against Henderson via close decision, and Bendo complains, will we have another rematch? This could go on for years...
laugh.gif

Jus checked out the price for the UFC on Fox event, and decent seats for 100$ plus fees. Might pull the trigger and buy them.

Starnes vs. Quarry like other dude said
laugh.gif

But seriously, there is such thing in MMA as a 10-7 round, and I think Maynard deserved it. Those uppercuts he was dropping Frankie with were
sick.gif
. It was far worse than a lot of 10-8 rounds that I've seen. I also think there should be an occasional 10-10 round. Like maybe in the Edgar/ Bendo fight in the 5th when Frankie dropped Henderson, but Henderson controlled the rest of the round.
A 10-7 round in a 5 round fight? Think about it.

UFC 146 is a super stacked card on paper.

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (Heavyweight Championship)
Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir (#1 Contender for Heavyweight Championship)
Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Del Rosario
Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. C.B. Dollaway
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Sass
Darren Elkins vs. Diego Brandao
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Evan Dunham vs. Edson Barboza

Originally Posted by chino905

Just got tickets to UFC on Fox in Jersey. First ever live UFC event. Can't wait!
The price you posted aren't bad.  I'm tempted to get tickets too.  Never been to an mma event.

Just got tickets to UFC on Fox in Jersey. First ever live UFC event. Can't wait!
The price you posted aren't bad.  I'm tempted to get tickets too.  Never been to an mma event.
yea man. for 100$, i got a seat in section 188. not bad IMO.

Ok so if Edgar wins the rematch against Henderson via close decision, and Bendo complains, will we have another rematch? This could go on for years...
laugh.gif
That's what I'm saying. There's too many fighters who deserve a shot in that division for it to be jammed up like this.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

A 10-7 round in a 5 round fight? Think about it.

Yeah, like I said. There are such things as 10-7 rounds and this was the worst beatdown I have ever seen without a stoppage. Would you not agree? Think about some 10-8 rounds you've seen and then think about how bad of a beating Maynard gave Frankie that round.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

UFC 146 is a super stacked card on paper.

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (Heavyweight Championship)
Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir (#1 Contender for Heavyweight Championship)
Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Del Rosario
Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. C.B. Dollaway
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Sass
Darren Elkins vs. Diego Brandao
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Evan Dunham vs. Edson Barboza
Dumb stacked. I'm so excited for this card
pimp.gif

Reminder that the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starts tonight @ 9pm on FX. Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz are the coaches.

The format for TUF is gonna be different because every show is supposedly live. Interesting in seeing how that plays out.

yeah excited about the Live debut of TUF tonight, but i hate that it moved to Friday nights. UFC should have just kept it on Wednesdays on FX like they have been doing with Spike TV.

bendo and frankie gonna fight again? man bendo gave dat boi an *%% whuppin. and i thought edgar was gonna win.

i cant wait to see aoki in action again. in the rematch with eddie... im picking aoki once again.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Reminder that the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starts tonight @ 9pm on FX. Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz are the coaches.

The format for TUF is gonna be different because every show is supposedly live. Interesting in seeing how that plays out.
pimp.gif
Urijah.

Back
Top Bottom