Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Didn't see him use his knees or reach.
That would've cost him the match imo. Didn't you notice their distance to each other? They only got close when they were engaging, butother than that, a clinch by either Wandy or Chuck (hell I havent seen Chuck do a clinch in ages) would've given them an L. Jardine was smart not to getclose neither. I'm happy for Chuck but we could only hope for him to re-focus once and for all. Dude was too quick to promote his after party and Joe Roganeven flagged Chuck for that

I logd on ebay after the match to see Chuck Lidell Affliction tees shoot up to the sky like it was gas
laugh.gif
Damn riders
laugh.gif

I'm twisting my fingers for an Evans v. Wanderlei match.

On a side note:

[h1]UFC[emoji]174[/emoji] 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION - 03/01/2008[/h1]
6x0yud3.jpg

I cannot wait.

That would've cost him the match imo. Didn't you notice their distance to each other? They only got close when they were engaging, but other than that, a clinch by either Wandy or Chuck (hell I havent seen Chuck do a clinch in ages) would've given them an L. Jardine was smart not to get close neither. I'm happy for Chuck but we could only hope for him to re-focus once and for all. Dude was too quick to promote his after party and Joe Rogan even flagged Chuck for that
The only way I look back and see how Wandy could win it was to clinch. He had many opportunities. Jardine was able to do that only because of hisreach. Wandy doesn't have that. The only way he could've won was to go inside, Liddell is too much on the outside for him.

Also, a reminder to everyone, K-1 Dynamite (Kid fighting
pimp.gif
) and Yarennoka(aka Fedor Returns) is on tomorrow and if you wanna catch if live well, start sleeping now or pull an all nighter
laugh.gif
. Yarennoka kinda lost it's luster to me without JZ fighting and no 4 pointknees in the Fedor fight (which would've been the only advantage Choi could've had on the ground
eyes.gif
). Still gotta pull for Gil though. Fairtex/Caesar Gracie fighter
pimp.gif
. Gotta rep for him.

My Uncle just upgraded to HD DirectTV. I just checked and we have the channel showing Fedor's fight. I have work at 8 in the morning tomorrow so I willwake up an hour early and watch the recording.

just finished watching yarennoka and was pretty let down by fedors fight.

fight was way too short.

Originally Posted by wildout4

just finished watching yarennoka and was pretty let down by fedors fight.

fight was way too short.
There is no fight involving Fedor outside the UFC that is gonna be entertaining.
grin.gif

On another note, WARRR KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight was over in 2 minutes. Cho fell on Fedor twice. First time he escaped an armbar, second time he couldn't. Dude was a huge, goofy looking guy.

People are still gonna hate on Fedor until he fights real competition in M1 but he still is the #1 pound for pound HW in the world.

6z8sm05.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Didn't see him use his knees or reach.
That would've cost him the match imo. Didn't you notice their distance to each other? They only got close when they were engaging, but other than that, a clinch by either Wandy or Chuck (hell I havent seen Chuck do a clinch in ages) would've given them an L. Jardine was smart not to get close neither. I'm happy for Chuck but we could only hope for him to re-focus once and for all. Dude was too quick to promote his after party and Joe Rogan even flagged Chuck for that

I logd on ebay after the match to see Chuck Lidell Affliction tees shoot up to the sky like it was gas
laugh.gif
Damn riders
laugh.gif

I'm twisting my fingers for an Evans v. Wanderlei match.

On a side note:

[h1]UFC[emoji]174[/emoji] 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION - 03/01/2008[/h1]
6x0yud3.jpg

I cannot wait.

my favorite fighter (Silva) vs a guy who trains in my hometown.. gonna be a tough fight for me to watch.. Silva by majority!

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by Outlaw83

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Two overrated fighters fought and Silva preferred to put on a show than to finish the fight. Wheres the Muay Thai knees and elbows? Wheres the ground game? Wheres the ground and pound when he had a chance?

I still seen the same Chuck from any other fight he's fought. He's just lucky Silva was shorter and lacked reach. Chuck was smart to not go for a KO because he may have gotten caught.

Still Chuck loses his next fight. Silva may get wise and look to win instead of putting on a show.

laugh.gif
Weren't you the same guy that said that Lidell would not stand a chance against Silva a year ago? Good excuse, maybe next time Silva will grow 5 inches taller
eyes.gif
. Damn Pride nuthuggers are annoying...hop off already.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount Serra so quickly. Last time EVERYBODY said the same thing and look what happened. Hell, this year was full of upsets. The fact is anything can happen....but damn GSP was a beast today.
Nah I wasn't the guy and I was never a Pride guy either. I never got a chance to watch too much of Pride but I did feel Silva could win. Never said Chuck didn't have a chance but his style is still garbage and him fighting someone the same size(Jardine) or bigger(Jackson) Chuck gets own3d.

The way GSP is focused right now and locked in on any area in the ring, no one I feel can get him.

My bad then. I'm not a big Lidell fan either but I was pulling for him that fight so the Pride fanboys can finally shut up.

The only way I look back and see how Wandy could win it was to clinch.
I don't know, I still disagree. If I was Chuck I'll be shooting uppercuts to Wandy if that happens, or break it off with an elbow to cuthim open. The only way I saw Wandy was going to win was to give an all out striking war (and we all saw that's what happened.

but you know,what do we know, we can only dream for a rematch. I know I'm dreaming for one.

Also, I'm glad we're seeing more and more lightweight bouts now. As exciting as the LHW division is I'm amped to see the lightweights fight.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

The only way I look back and see how Wandy could win it was to clinch.
I don't know, I still disagree. If I was Chuck I'll be shooting uppercuts to Wandy if that happens, or break it off with an elbow to cut him open. The only way I saw Wandy was going to win was to give an all out striking war (and we all saw that's what happened.

but you know,what do we know, we can only dream for a rematch. I know I'm dreaming for one.

Also, I'm glad we're seeing more and more lightweight bouts now. As exciting as the LHW division is I'm amped to see the lightweights fight.

Well obviously you shoot some uppercuts or throw something of your own in the clinch, that's common sense. It also leaves you open for his knees and ifyou think it's that easy to break Wandy's clinch then you need to go look back at some more tapes. Wandy made a career of it. And yes, we saw whathappened if Wandy stayed on the outside and threw nothing but stupid bombs, Chuck got an obvious UD.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

People are still gonna hate on Fedor until he fights real competition in M1 but he still is the #1 pound for pound HW in the world.

6z8sm05.gif

eek.gif
that dude looks huge pounding on fedor

Who saw the KID fight? dude is a savage! soccer kick to da dome.
glad ishida got to avenge T blood. He is relentless with those takedowns.

And here are the payouts from UFC 79 (from MMAJunkie.com)

Chuck Liddell : $550,000 ($500,000 for showing, $50,000 for Fight of the night)

Georges St. Pierre : $210,000 ($80,000 for showing, $80,000 for winning, $50,000 for Submission of the night)

Wanderlei Silva : $200,000 ($150,000 for showing, $50,000 for Fight of the night)

Matt Hughes : $100,000

Eddie Sanchez : $96,000 ($23,000 for showing, $23,000 for winning, $50,000 for KO of the night)

Lyoto Machida : $60,000 ($30,000 for showing, $30,000 for winning)

Rameau Sokoudjou : $40,0O0

Rich Clementi : $28,000 (14k + 14k)

Dean Lister : $22,000 (11k + 11k)

Manny Gamburyan : $20,000 (10k +10k)

James Irvin : $16,000 (8k + 8k)

Melvin Guillard : $10,000

Roan Carneiro : $10,000 (5k + 5k)

Tony DeSouza : $7,000

Mark Bocek : $6,000 (3k + 3k)

Nate Mohr : $6,000

Soa Palelei : $5,000

Luis Cane : $5,000

Jordan Radev : $5,000

Doug Evans : $3,000

All the winning fighters except Liddell received pay that awarded 50 percent "to show" and 50 percent as a "win bonus." For example,Machida earned $30,000 to show and an additional $30,000 for his victory for $60,000 total. Each of the night's losing fighters (except Silva) could havedoubled his salary with a victory.

Now, the usual disclaimer: the figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not includemoney paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any bonuses paid to some of themain-card fighters who sometimes earn a small cut of pay-per-view revenue. They also do not include other non-disclosed/"locker-room" bonuses the UFCsometimes pays.

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

6z8sm05.gif

eek.gif
that dude looks huge pounding on fedor

hes over 7 feet tall and STILL GROWING

I don't like Choi much, seems way too sloppy.

I swear it looks like that Fedor will rip someone's arm off someday with his armbars.

the hell? cro cop going to 'pro' wrestle with dudes in pink polka dots now? it's obviously a 'celebrity' performance but still.

what's his contract status right now?

There was a lot of speculation as to whether UFC would allow him to appear on the show. It was (at this point) just a one time gig. I do not know where CroCopstands with UFC.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

There was a lot of speculation as to whether UFC would allow him to appear on the show. It was (at this point) just a one time gig. I do not know where CroCop stands with UFC.

He's fine. CroCop asked for permission to the UFC and Dana was fine with it. Now if it was another MMA promotion...

Back
Top Bottom