Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

vdzn2w.gif

and chucks thoughts on Silva..

gotta love chuck sticking up for silva there, im actually a little sad to see chuck go especially the way he did even though i was rooting for shogun

he's just not what he used to be though, i remember him saying in the preview "i want to prove im still the best" and i just kept saying tomyself "but you're not the best, rampage jackson does everything you do but better, and he's younger"

Referee Wiped Down Silva Before UFC 97 Bout

Referee Yves Lavigne says he wiped down Anderson Silva and got approval from Thales Leites' corner prior to their main event bout Saturday at UFC 97.

An SI.com live blog observed that as Silva entered the Octagon, he rubbed lubricant -- applied to his face by a commission-approved cutman -- onto his torso. In the wake of "greasing" allegations against Georges St. Pierre's corner at UFC 94, the observation received critical attention.

However, Lavigne, who watched a replay of Saturday's event, said the cameras did not reveal that both himself and Leites' corner had noticed Silva repeatedly touch his face and body during his warm-up lap around the Octagon. Lavigne said Leites' corner motioned for the referee to inspect Silva's body, although Lavigne said he would have proceeded regardless.

Whew

played an early copy of the UFC Undisputed Demo all day today.

gameplay is very deep (which makes for slightly inaccessible controls for people looking for casual gaming)

it's the closest to actual mma that any game has been yet, but at the same time it leaves me wondering about some features.

there are a vast assortment of moves but only a very specific way to use most of them.

example: one cannot actively attempt to take an opponents back. the only way to get an opponents back is to work to a high mount and then wait for them to turnover. if they dont decide to turn there is no other way to take their back. also fighters at no point press up to or fight right against the cage which isquite odd.

also while having fighters with different styles is cool. it seems odd that any fighter wouldn't be able to throw a superman punch because it's not intheir 'moves list'. it would be more realistic if all fighters had all moves just with varying levels of effectiveness.

KO animations are actually laughable at times with guys getting hit, standing still and wobbling for about 3 seconds and the falling flat on their face, andlast i checked 98% of fighters who get dropped arent losing their mouthpiece.

this is a demo however and im sure somethings will be tweaked by the drop date.

pros:
best player/character models in any game ever.
very deep gameplay
overall animation is smooth
noticeable style differentiation in fighters
closer than anything else to real mma (*but)

cons:
*real mma too deep to include everything.
in game, gameplay options can be slightly restricted.
some might find the game inaccessible
fighters have limited moves lists
some KO animations are poo poo.

Overall tho very solid.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

example: one cannot actively attempt to take an opponents back. the only way to get an opponents back is to work to a high mount and then wait for them to turn over. if they dont decide to turn there is no other way to take their back. also fighters at no point press up to or fight right against the cage which is quite odd.

thats sorta how jiu-jitsu really is though, you're really not getting that back unless they "give it to you" in the sense that you counter one oftheir mistakes on the ground, however the problem of not being able to press up against the cage also prevents you from taking their back

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

example: one cannot actively attempt to take an opponents back. the only way to get an opponents back is to work to a high mount and then wait for them to turn over. if they dont decide to turn there is no other way to take their back. also fighters at no point press up to or fight right against the cage which is quite odd.

thats sorta how jiu-jitsu really is though, you're really not getting that back unless they "give it to you" in the sense that you counter one of their mistakes on the ground, however the problem of not being able to press up against the cage also prevents you from taking their back

no but exact way i decribed it is the only way. (in the demo anyway)

although im getting an idea of a method to try as i type this. perhaps attempting to spin over from a stuffed takedown.

still there are more than two situation in which someone can take their opponents back.

realistically though i get that it's a videogame and it cant be exact.

thats sorta how jiu-jitsu really is though, you're really not getting that back unless they "give it to you" in the sense that you counter one of their mistakes on the ground, however the problem of not being able to press up against the cage also prevents you from taking their back

although im getting an idea of a method to try as i type this. perhaps attempting to spin over from a stuffed takedown.
still there are more than two situation in which someone can take their opponents back.
like i said, thats a counter, but one that may not be in the game, most times when someone gets their back taken its actually because of thatexact turnover when mounted, other times include when one's pressed against the fence and like u said the stuffed takedown but thats usually only if theperson who failed the take down is tired and turtles up on all fours

but im not trying to argue with u or anything, we both agree that mma is just way to compliated for our modern day ps3 and 360 controllers, on their defensethough im pretty sure they had eddie bravo instructing thq on the ground game

my point is that in real life a back could, for example, be jumped from a standing side waistlock, or just taken after forcing the opponent to turtle fromstrikes.

i think im giving the impression that dont like this game but i actually think it's great. and it's just the demo which means a lot of features aregoing to be left out.

there are about 2-3 weeks until the game even has to ship for print so i think a lot of the issues will be solved including the cage thing as ive seen somepics.

One time I kod rua with a head kick and the replay showed me kicking the air in front of him...... Also I hate that the mouth piece always falls out. Still,I'm very happy with the product overall. Take a look at the move list to see moves that aren't in the tutorial. In shoguns guard, press lb and quatercircle with right analog, chuck will slam shogun and stand in shoguns guard. You can get a very easy ko from this position if your opponent is dumb enough tolet you stay there. I also do a lot of side steps and then kick or punch. I've gotten shogun to go grey when I do a front kick by pressing step and kick..Also a ko by pressing step and right punch. These moves seem to be my bread and butter. As for shogun, his Thai clinch is rape, a couple knees to chucks faceand it's goodnight

P.S Shoguns nipples are huge...

Kid sitting next to Dana on TUF
pimp.gif
It's only a matter of time.

SICK RHK by the Brit
eek.gif

^ I don't think so. I started watching the replay, hoping they'd mention it. Hopefully we'll get to see Kid vs Torres in 2010.

lol...

it's easy to make theories of jiu-jitsu if you don't participate or know about it.

look up marcelo garcia. his whole game is about taking people back. #2 in no-gi grappling.

Traditional BJJ says Position over Submission.

Tradition teaches making people make mistakes.
smile.gif

The new breed is learning how to take what they want (position/sweeps/submissions)
devil.gif
devil.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

should he risk it just to "impress casual fans" and wind up losing or something.

He fought a smart fight and that's it... no different from what Floyd Mayweather does... hit and runaway, hit and run and win through the judges score card because that's what needed to win.

Yeah the fans might not be happy, but he won't be the one walking home a loser and a knotted up face...

it's astounding how more people dont realize this.

fans opinion's be damned. and the whole 'fans make the fighters' argument is assenine because there isnt one person who is going to quit watching mma because of that fight.

a win is a win.

dude is heading home with the w, the record, and the bigger cheque.
I can't believe people are saying this... This is mixed martial arts and the ground game is part of it, and Silva is DAMN good on the ground. Point blank, he didn't do much to engage either. Since when has Silva been afraid to go to the ground? Why should be scared to go to the ground when he's jitz in MMA is on par with Leites... You can not compare Floyd's style of fighting to what Silva did if you know anything about boxing and the Philly Shell...

And can we just stop with the casual fan BS... Because the casual fans aren't the only ones shaking their head at Silva.

Listen to you idiots saying Silva
Word? Idiots? AGAIN SINCE WHEN IS SILVA NOT WORTH %$%% ON THE GROUND? He has GREAT jiu jitsu and his wrestling is TEN FOLDS then what he used to be. POINT BLANK, there is little to no disparity in terms of ground skills when comparing Leites and Silva in MMA. This is getting ridiculious. The ONLY place I see people applauding Silva is in this thread. Hell Dana had to apologize for his performance and I've NEVER seen Dana say this about one of his fights. I guess Dana is an idiot as well huh?

anderson-silva_thales-leites_b.gif

Like, really? Now in no way shape of form commending Thales for his performance, both fought horrid fights.

There is a reason why Anderson Silva respects Thales so much. But then again the spectators know more than the competitors.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

When does the demo release on the PS3?

game sites say its live NOW on psn and xbox live but i havent checked, i read that around 7am pst

edit - i dont see it on psn yet, maybe around 12-3pm, the usual store update hours

Heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko and lightweight Shinya Aoki meet April 29
by Dann Stupp on Apr 23, 2009 at 4:25 pm ET
Only in Japan.

Famed heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko will meet lightweight stand-out Shinya Aoki during a five-minute "special exhibition" at an April 29 M-1Challenge (presented by Affliction) event in Tokyo, the organization today announced.

Rules for the contest are still being negotiated.

And considering nearly 70 pounds and four weight classes separate the fighters, expect some safety precautions to be put in place. The bout could end up beingmore of a grappling session by the time the official rules are announced.

The Emelianenko vs. Aoki bout will join a 19-fight card that includes head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA Westvs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.

Emelianenko and Aoki, who both hold WAMMA world titles in their respective weight classes, are two of the most popular fighters in Japan, so the exhibition islikely to be a hit with fans.

Emelianenko (30-1), a World Combat Sambo champion who will compete in the Abu Dhabi Combat Club's submission fighting championships later this year, lastcompeted in January when he defeated former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski at Affliction's "Day of Reckoning" show. The 32-year-old former PRIDE champis undefeated in his past 27 fights.

Aoki (20-4), a standout grappler who's ended 12 of his 20 career wins via submission, last competed in April, when he suffered a 27-second TKO loss towelterweight Hayato Sakurai at DREAM.8. Aoki is 15-2 (with one no-contest) in his past 18 fights.

(Pictured: Fedor Emelianenko)

my take on the demo so far, SO DEEP in terms of actual combat

counter strikes aside, every other counter in the game is gonna be so crucial such as those clinch blocks and sprawls but they're very difficult to timeand predict correctly

The demo is dope. There are so many moves to learn. Right now I'm trying to learn how to counter moves, #!+! is hard as hell. I can't wait 'tilthe 19th...

Are there any special promos with the preorder of this game? cheapest place?

Back
Top Bottom