OFFICIAL MOSLEY VS PBF /MAY 1...LETS DO THIS!

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Floyd took a real fight

Manny took another sure W

Pretty much...
Too bad Pac is scared of needles...No wait, he doesn't want it to affect him physically...No wait he doesn't want it to affect him mentally..No wait......Umm, yeah....

Damn, I'm late. I was looking forward to the Mosley Berto fight last night, didnt know it was canceled.

And lol @ Manny taking another sure W

both floyd and paq will win their fights, and will fight each other later in the year or next year for the last fight of both their careers
my predicition

Originally Posted by Dapper D

laugh.gif
at people saying Mayweather gonna knock shane out...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Shane has never touched the canvas and he got it in with some real welterweights[/color]...that actually fight

So what makes u think a non-fighting boxer with no crazy knock-out strength is gonna knock out Mosley...
RIP Vernon Forrest dropped him a couple times

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Floyd took a real fight

Yea for the first time ever in life

I can't detect the sarcasm....

But Floyd took on Chico when he was undefeated, JLC a 2nd time, Hatton when he was undefeated, DLH @ 154.

My dude has taken chances.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Floyd took a real fight

But Floyd took on Chico when he was undefeated, JLC a 2nd time, Hatton when he was undefeated, DLH @ 154.

C'mon son. I'll give you Chico maybe and even JLC. (Which he really lost the first time and everyone knows it) But Ricky Hatton (Dont forget he jumped to 147) and Delahoya (Steady loser,Sad but true) To call yourself the best of any generation
smh.gif
with that weak resume just doesnt sit well with me.  In other words, he's finally growing a pair of nads.

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:

Floyd took a real fight

You can't be serious. Chico was like 10 years ago. Hatton is bum, his head is a punching bag who had to move up to 147. So in like 10 years he's taken 2 real fighters (I'll be nice and give you DLH)?

Floyd doesn't take chances. He's so scared of losing that 0 in the L column.

You can't be serious. Chico was like 10 years ago.

indifferent.gif
x 100.  Go watch Chico/JLC 1 ...and you're either new to the sport or dont know #%$ about it.  When Pretty boy and Chico met...both were undefeated.  Most Analysts were picking Chico to beat Pretty Boy. Floyd blew him out... go watch that fight.
C'mon son. I'll give you Chico maybe and even JLC. (Which he reallylost the first time and everyone knows it) But Ricky Hatton (Dontforget he jumped to 147) and Delahoya (Steady loser,Sad but true) Tocall yourself the best of any generation
smh.gif
with that weak resume just doesnt sit well with me.  In other words, he's finally growing a pair of nads.
That's why I brought up fighting JLC a 2nd time...he couldve have never fought the rematch, because he already "beat" him.

IMO, Hatton was ready to fight at welter.  That's why I take PBF's win over him @ 147 > Pac's win over Hatton @ 140.  And, yes DLH @ 154 was a huge risk.

yet, you're probably one of the pac fans that get hyped about PacMan beating those same two people...

PBF was fighter of the decade.  I follow the sport religiously, and I'll argue that with anyone. 

IMO, I think you have to be an actual fighter to understand how great Floyd is.... His defense and counter-game....
sick.gif
.  He's too quick for you casual fans.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

damn he took a legit fight were as pacquaio....
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
...u can't be serious...
Clottey is NOOO joke...

This is a dangerous fight for Pacquaio...

and its a fight Mayweather would never take...
roll.gif
. pac fans
smh.gif
. Clottey poses no threat to manny.  As to where mosley will at least be somewhat of a challenge to PBF.

indifferent.gif
x 100.  Go watch Chico/JLC 1 ...and you're either new to the sport or dont know #%$ about it.  When Pretty boy and Chico met...both were undefeated.  Most Analysts were picking Chico to beat Pretty Boy. Floyd blew him out... go watch that fight.
C'mon son. I'll give you Chico maybe and even JLC. (Which he really
lost the first time and everyone knows it) But Ricky Hatton (Dont
forget he jumped to 147) and Delahoya (Steady loser,Sad but true) To
call yourself the best of any generation
smh.gif
That's why I brought up fighting JLC a 2nd time...he couldve have never fought the rematch, because he already "beat" him.

IMO, Hatton was ready to fight at welter.  That's why I take PBF's win over him @ 147 > Pac's win over Hatton @ 140.  And, yes DLH @ 154 was a huge risk.

yet, you're probably one of the pac fans that get hyped about PacMan beating those same two people...

PBF was fighter of the decade.  I follow the sport religiously, and I'll argue that with anyone. 

IMO, I think you have to be an actual fighter to understand how great Floyd is.... His defense and counter-game....
sick.gif

No i didn't get excited over Manny beating Hatton or DLH. Hatton is a bum and DLH killed himself to make 147. You saying Hatton was ready for 147 is an opinion, not a fact.

I know how great PBF's skills are. Point to me where I said he wasn't talented or questioned his ability. I said he's a #%*** when it comes to picking opponents and I'll stand by that.

Once he fought Chico, he changed (started cherry-picking). He looked #!++$#* amazing in that fight. So because he took a tough fight 9 years ago I'm supposed to ignore the fact he hasn't been facing the best competition since then? He took a couple tough fights in 9 years, so that means he takes challenges? Seriously? It almost reminds he of Roy Jones.

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

damn he took a legit fight were as pacquaio....
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
...u can't be serious...
Clottey is NOOO joke...

This is a dangerous fight for Pacquaio...

and its a fight Mayweather would never take...
roll.gif
. pac fans
smh.gif
. Clottey poses no threat to manny.  As to where mosley will at least be somewhat of a challenge to PBF.
Since u back ur claim wit no facts...i'll do the same...U KNOW NOTHING...
and I can't believe were still having this Mayweather argument...

Listen...No one can take away from what Mayweather does in the ring...it's amazing...

and the truth is he can...and probably would beat every welterweight in the division...

but that still doesn't take away from what he is...

the most calculated boxer of our era...with a weak resume...and he gives terrible fights 

This should be a great fight. Mosley is a great fighter & he is hungry after whooping Margarito. I've wanted to see this fight for a while.

Originally Posted by maddog345

This should be a great fight. Mosley is a great fighter & he is hungry after whooping Margarito. I've wanted to see this fight for a while.

we wouldve seen it a whole lot sooner, if mosley was ducking May back then.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by maddog345

we wouldve seen it a whole lot sooner, if mosley was ducking May back then.
Yea it's funny how things work out. PBF was coming up & calling out Mosley but Mosley wasn't trying to fight PBF. Now Mosley is at the end of his career & needs a big pay day so he takes the fight. Either way, it was gonna be the same outcome for Mosley, an L.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Floyd took a real fight

Pretty much...
Too bad Pac is scared of needles...No wait, he doesn't want it to affect him physically...No wait he doesn't want it to affect him mentally..No wait......Umm, yeah....

this is going to be a great fight..mosley is definitely going all in its his only chance. still riding with PBF.

Yea it's funny how things work out. PBF was coming up & calling out Mosley but Mosley wasn't trying to fight PBF. Now Mosley is at the end of his career & needs a big pay day so he takes the fight. Either way, it was gonna be the same outcome for Mosley, an L.

Dude, you regurgitated the same thing Mayweather said on HBO. The boy talks in circles, smoke and mirrors  - Maywaether will say whatever to make himself look right. He is never in the wrong in his head.

Mosley was guaranteed 3 fights from HBO before the year started. So what makes you think he is chasing a fight for the money when he originally was going to fight three times (for whatever amount of $) this year anyway.  He is fighting to solidify his already hall of famed recognition. Now, "Money"May on the other is most likely the one "fighting" for the pay-day.

I'm surprised how many of you think Floyd will actually knock Mosley out. He couldn't knock Marquez out. Barely did anything damaging to Oscar. And he won that fight by a SD. So what makes you think fighting someone just as big as oscar and WAY faster and stronger will be an easier task for Floyd?  Last time Floyd was tested to me was against Zab. I had Zab winning those first 4 rounds. Now, Mosley being just as fast as Zab yet bigger and stronger and not someone to mentally breakdown like Judah does (and DID in that fight after a punching Floyd in the sack) makes me presume this is Floyds toughest fight, ever!

IMO: He lost his first fight to JLC and Chico was a mess inside and outside the ring leading up to the fight. Chico had charges (that he did time for) pending over his head and he didn't make weight. I will never give Floyd that fight for taking on someone of his equal. 

"Mosley has ring rust" - Not getting that either. Its not like he's been sitting back not knowing where his career is going. He was training for a fight with Berto recently. He wanted to fight Clottey last December He's been itching to fight.

In my calculations leading up to May-1st Floyd will have had two fights in about 27 months and Mosley having two fights in about 20 months. So rust can't be used as an excuse. I just think Shane is going to force Floyd to fight and expose him for the first time. Floyd laughed when Fatton and Marquez landed good shots on him. I can't wait to see how he reacts when someone with equal talent and power, lands a bomb.

But, if Floyd does win, i will give him all of his props ( no excuses). He's Great (no denying that) but just like Lebron, when he wasn't taking the last shot to win games. He didn't get the full respect from the sports world until he did/ does what comes with the territory of being called "great". Taking this fight is the first step for PBF. He will finally give me $50 worth of money spent, which i've blown twice on him from the De-La-Hoya and Marquez Bore-fests. 

i know Gatti (RIP) was a shot fighter when Floyd fought him...  but that was my favorite Mayweather fight...  The punishment he was dishing out that night
sick.gif

I'm surprised how many of you think Floyd will actually knock Mosley out. He couldn't knock Marquez out. Barely did anything damaging to Oscar. And he won that fight by a SD. So what makes you think fighting someone just as big as oscar and WAY faster and stronger will be an easier task for Floyd?  Last time Floyd was tested to me was against Zab. I had Zab winning those first 4 rounds. Now, Mosley being just as fast as Zab yet bigger and stronger and not someone to mentally breakdown like Judah does (and DID in that fight after a punching Floyd in the sack) makes me presume this is Floyds toughest fight, ever!
Well in his defense, I don't think he was every trying to knockout Marquez.  PBF was more content w/outboxing him and taking advantage of the size different.  Just my two cents.  I agree Shane is bigger and stronger than Zab but Zab is faster.

indifferent.gif
C'mon son. I'll give you Chico maybe and even JLC. (Which he really lost the first time and everyone knows it) But Ricky Hatton (Dont forget he jumped to 147) and Delahoya (Steady loser,Sad but true) To call yourself the best of any generation
smh.gif

sick.gif

No sir.. Im a religious fan of the sport. I dont get hype about Pac beating the 2 same dudes. although He beat a Ricky Hatton & Marquez at their respectul natural weight classes. (Ricky will never be a "Real Welterweight") You follow the sport religiously so you should know this. I do understand how great his defense and counter game is, but he never puts it to a real test but claims he's the best ever. Thats what urks me. All the great Welterweights of the 80's actually fought eachother and made boxing exciting. If he finally signs his part for the fight, Floyd will earn my respect because he is finally fighting somebody who is his size or bigger. And lay off the steady loser Delahoya. He doesnt count and Floyd really didnt just dominate that fight. But with all that said. Your opinion is respected because I know you follow boxing. These convos make the boxing threads worth while.

Im not even gonna get into the arguments in this one. I think im all argued out from the MM/Pac thread.

But May wins this easily. Even if Shane is to get the majority of the early rounds anything after 6 will be Mayweathers. And he will prolly get a KO around the 10th. Shane wont be able to take the punishment Money gives out in the later rounds because he doesnt use a lot of energy in the early rounds dodging/countering.

This will be a better fight than the Pac/Clotty but I do think that Clotty has a good chance at getting to Pac just because that big head can take some shots and keep coming at him.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i know Gatti (RIP) was a shot fighter when Floyd fought him...  but that was my favorite Mayweather fight...  The punishment he was dishing out that night
sick.gif

those body shots were just disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom