OFFICIAL N.O. SAINTS V. MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD : SUN 4:15 PM EST FOX

[h1]Dolphins aim to slow down high-flying Saints[/h1]
In Brief

r_brown_091012_QT.jpg

Ronnie Brown leads a Dolphins offense centered around the running game.
(Wilfredo Lee / Associated Press)

Last meeting:
The Dolphins had five sacks and dominated defensively in a 21-6 win over the Saints at Baton Rouge in Week 8 of 2005.

Streaks:
Miami has won three of the last five meetings and owns a 6-3 overall series edge.

Last week:
An NFC showdown turned into a blowout as the Saints dominated the Giants, 48-27. ... Miami was on a bye.

Keep your eye on ...

The Wildcat's success: Miami's best chance to pull off the upset might be to continue with the Wildcat and pound the ball with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in an attempt to control the time of possession. The formula almost worked against Peyton Manning and any strategy to keep Drew Brees off the field as much as possible is sound.

The Dolphins' rookie cornerbacks: Sean Smith and Vontae Davis get significant playing time for the Dolphins and they have performed relatively well in primary roles. They will get their biggest test yet against the Saints' explosive set of receivers.

New Orleans' underestimated rushing attack: While Brees and the Saints' passing offense gets all the attention, it is actually the running game that is ranked in the top five this season -- not the aerial attack. Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie Bush form a very effective committee, but they will meet a tough Dolphins run defense that ranks third in the league.

Did you know?

The Saints are averaging the most points in the league (38.4). ... Brees has won five straight against the AFC. ... The Dolphins are 12-8 after a bye. ... Miami has won two straight at home.

Read More >

[h2]Team Leaders[/h2]
[table][tr][td]NEW ORLEANS SAINTS[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing[/td] [td]Cmp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Drew Brees[/td] [td]110[/td] [td]159[/td] [td]1400[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Brunell[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rushing[/td] [td]Car[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pierre Thomas[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]284[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mike Bell[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]263[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marques Colston[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]394[/td] [td]15.8[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Devery Henderson[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]241[/td] [td]16.1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Complete Stats >

[table][tr][td]MIAMI DOLPHINS[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing[/td] [td]Cmp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Henne[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]448[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Pennington[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]413[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rushing[/td] [td]Car[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronnie Brown[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]443[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ricky Williams[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]316[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ted Ginn Jr.[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Davone Bess[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Complete Stats >

I can not wait for this game.

Win or lose, we'll see how we look for our future. Drew Brees vs our rookie corners should show us if these kids have what it takes, and if they havelearned anything yet this year.

Hopefully with the bye week and bein at home we can find a way to control the ball and clock and make a game of it. Should be a great game.
pimp.gif

LETS GET IT . Play like we did against the colts, run the ball control the clock and maybe we have a chance.

If shockey and brees dont embarrass us the way peyton did. smh

Games like this usually have me nerves but not this one for some reason.

Phins by 6

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Originally Posted by h3at23

Games like this usually have me nerves but not this one for some reason.

Phins by 6
laugh.gif
You think the phins are that good?

I dont know why I'm not nerves but I'm not (I know I should be) and yes, I think they're good enough to win.

Don't let their record fool you. One thing with the Dolphins this season is that they're better then their record.

And dont get me wrong (lots will), I think the Saints are one of the best teams this season

This game would look a lot different had we not traded a second round pick for Culpepper and instead signed Brees as a free agent.

Thanks again Saban.
grin.gif
sick.gif

Well, hope it's a good game, I'll check in on the thread Monday hopefully able to comment on a win.
pimp.gif

Now that my Canes got beat up, I need the Dolphins to come thru and salvage my weekend.
frown.gif

Def. rooting for the Dolphins, if we play like we did against the Colts and control most of the clock I think we can win.

I say either close victory, or Saints slaughter us.
ohwell.gif

Will probably be a low scoring game being as the Dolphins will look to limit possessions.

Saints will still win though, they're the better team.

Olphinsif the game is close. Saints can't stop the run. No one has exposed it yet cause the saints are always up on the score

Back
Top Bottom