Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

We lose to the Red Sox, again.

Can we put the season on hold, have bullpen try outs, and then resume play?

Don't worry Yankee fans... Michael Kay says it will be alright...
indifferent.gif

just got back from the bar watching the game. hate watching games on interest at the bar cause i can't hear anything, but with NESN's current peanutgallery, it's all good.

glad to see josh come thru with the W. bay is really embracing this rivalry.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

just got back from the bar watching the game. hate watching games on interest at the bar cause i can't hear anything, but with NESN's current peanut gallery, it's all good.

pimp.gif
%*!* you %+%#@.... Red Sox thread is that way -------------->

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

This is so rough to watch.

Top four problems with this team (no particular order):
We don't...
- hit with RISP.
- have a bench whatsoever.
- have any reliable arms in the bullpen.
and - Girardi with his questionable decisions (regarding lineups, starters, and bullpen).

Im all in favor of lineup changes im just curious what everyone thinks it should be ?

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

just got back from the bar watching the game. hate watching games on interest at the bar cause i can't hear anything, but with NESN's current peanut gallery, it's all good.

pimp.gif
%*!* you %+%#@.... Red Sox thread is that way -------------->

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Lets go Giants.

Clap, Clap, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Deadset must have a post limit of 5 or something...always hits up the backup name with the quickness
laugh.gif

John Sterling has an idea about the Yankees:

laugh.gif
nah no post limit...just had it logged in to the other name on my other comp and i forgot

Anybody notice the crowd cheering "We want Torre" in the 9th inning? this team stinks and we can't be using the injuries excuse especially withthe payroll and supposedly the "depth" we have. I'd fire cashman and girardi and his minor league staff. Hire Willie Randolph or wait until nextyear when Tony La Russa and his staff are free agents.

^ i said it from day 1...they should not have fired Torre...for a measly 2 million dollars...and now they are paying for it

Originally Posted by LB510

Is attendance that bad this season I swear thats all in hearing talked about

It's bad pretty much everywhere. Even teams who play in parks that don't have seats costing $1300+ can barely draw fans.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by LB510

Is attendance that bad this season I swear thats all in hearing talked about

It's bad pretty much everywhere. Even teams who play in parks that don't have seats costing $1300+ can barely draw fans.

While true for the most part, seeing all of those empty seats behind home plate and going up the 1st/3rd base lines is pretty sad to see.

Yankees need to re-evaluate their pricing.

....and I don't see how Torre would change anything, the team is where they are right now because of Cashman. If Hank were still healthy all these years hewould've given him the axe, Yankees over-pay these players, have too many old guys (injuries shouldn't be a surprise to anyone), and no farmdevelopment for over a decade to replace those injured guys, bullpen arms that are scared to throw strikes.

Top to bottom, Boston is simply better as a team and organization.

I'm going to the game tonight, hopefully they can play better but this team doesn't feel like the old team when you know they was gonna play hard underTorre, Look at what he's doing in Dodger land......
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom