Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Vote Swisher to be a 2009 All Star !

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/05/06/support-swisher-swings-into-action/

He would have to be voted in via write in, but it's worth it. He had a hot start, has cooled down, but is a great guy
pimp.gif
. Plus, he's the Yankees best reliever this season
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by LB510

Is attendance that bad this season I swear thats all in hearing talked about

It's bad pretty much everywhere. Even teams who play in parks that don't have seats costing $1300+ can barely draw fans.

While true for the most part, seeing all of those empty seats behind home plate and going up the 1st/3rd base lines is pretty sad to see.

Yankees need to re-evaluate their pricing.

....and I don't see how Torre would change anything, the team is where they are right now because of Cashman. If Hank were still healthy all these years he would've given him the axe, Yankees over-pay these players, have too many old guys (injuries shouldn't be a surprise to anyone), and no farm development for over a decade to replace those injured guys, bullpen arms that are scared to throw strikes.

Top to bottom, Boston is simply better as a team and organization.
The Yankees need to address the [A-Rod]culture[/A-Rod] of this team...too many aging stars and not enough ability to manufacture runs.

Joba strikes out 12 and the Yankees STILL couldn't win. That's ridiculous.

All these upgrades in pitching won't do much if the team cannot provide run support, especially when it counts.

I think they gotta get rid of the corporate scumbags in charge who think all the Yankee fans make more than $2809375935 a day and can afford these ludicrouslypriced seats.

Boston just has the right players who can do the right things and that's why they've beaten the Yankees five times already this season.

Mez, I think you mean if George were still healthy (then again, old George would've fired everyone last night
roll.gif
). Hank has very little say in organizational matters since he knows more about horses than baseball. Hal has shown faith in Cashman and Girardi butI think Cashman might be on borrowed time if things don't improve. Boston outdoing us in free-agent signings, trades, and drafts has been clearly evidentthe past few years.

i can't see how it's girardi's fault...this team just hasn't come together yet. also, they ALWAYS start slow. give them until the end ofmay/early june to get things going. it's typical yankees baseball in recent years, start slow, and then cannot be beat down the stretch.

^
He's the manager of this team, his job is to get the best out of this team and He even said that himself yesterday after the game. Everyone was talkingabout how good this team came together in spring training but now is when it counts. Last year they were the same way with not hitting with runners in scoringposition, the same stupid look on there faces, and same excuses (ex:..because someone is injured). If George was still in charge he would had came out hisSuite and fired him right on the field
roll.gif

I get upset watching YES network and they have a Joe Girardi show like he's really done something here....but your right Cashman has made this team andBoston is making all the right moves
mad.gif

i realize girardi is the manager...but i mean, he can only work with that which he has. it's not like he's making whacky subbing decisions. i dont seewhat another manager would do differently. you gonna sit tex? you gonna bench cano? theres only so much girardi can do. and the bullpen, wheres theres reallymaybe only one or two guys in that pen that can stop the bleeding right now, what's girardi supposed to do.

cashman deserves more blame than girardi. sure he looked down the three of the biggest FA's in the market, but did he overlook other areas? possibly.

and again, it's a slow start for sure. i think it's waay to early to start talking about canning a manager.

P.S. for anyone who ever says yankee fans don't care as much about the "alleged rivalry"...just look at this thread. clearly losing games toboston is a big deal. it's only may and people want the manager's head.

we need gusty players that will bunt a guy into scoring position or can get a single... we need more base stealers...gritty players..more Nick Swishers.

Girardi has been overmanaging the pen...doing his best Tony La Russa impression by having three different guys come in per inning...or relying on the same guysover and over since no one can seem to get outs.

Girardi can't do much since he has no bench...Yankees don't need 13 pitchers on the roster.

Deadset, look out for some Mets fans who will probably jump on the Red Sox bandwagon...some of these ppl probably want to sleep with Jason Bay and/or TerryFrancona
sick.gif
laugh.gif

We are 13-8 against teams not named the Boston Red Sox...

I'm still optimistic, we never start well. I just hope we dont dig too deep.

That's my fear! They use the same excuses well A-rod or wang isn't here but hey we upgraded our pitching didn't we? Our bench is depleted becauseof the injures, Swisher is supposed to be a role player not everyday. Your right Cashman is to blame but I still do not think Girardi is the man, I hardlythink his players like him. Girardi changed his coaching style this year to be more "player friendly" (if you recall his spring training day off toshoot pool) but after seeing him after the game yesterday I wonder how long that's going to last.....

Let's take a break from the Yankees, and take a look at the Charleston RiverDogs (our Single A team).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4145564

0506reilly_576x324.jpg

It's an article on Pat Venditte, the switch pitcher. You guys heard about him last season, right? Read the article,it's a good read.

Switch pitcher, that's
pimp.gif
. I hope we keep him in the organization, seehow he fairs in AA and AAA.

anyone going to tonight's game? i think im about to cop tickets right now on stubhub...FIND ME WITH THE BLEACHER CREATURES YA DIG!!!

Who knows by how our bullpen pitchers are pitching right now he might be up in the majors in September
laugh.gif
....good article to keep a eye on how he's doing.

I'm going to tonights game, Main section 231.........................

I am going to tonights game, field level section 126 holla at me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hopefully AJ comes thru with a gem, i think last time he went against the rays he almost no hit them.

Going to the game tonight, field level
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hopefully AJ comes thru with a gem, last time against the rays i think he almost no hit them

Nice seats at field level you're going to be all up in the action!! This is my third time going to the new stadium. I went to the first preseason gameagainst the cubs, I almost bareheaded a Johnny damon line drive that went back into the right field and The second home game against the Indians which was thefirst regular season win there.

Tonight 5/6: RHP Andy Sonnanstine (1-3, 6.75) vs. RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 5.40), 7:05, YES.

Thursday 5/7: RHP Jeff Niemann (2-3, 5.68) vs. LHP Andy Pettitte (2-1, 3.82), 7:05, YES

YANKEES (13-13)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Matsui DH
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Cabrera CF
Pena 3B
Molina C

Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 5.40).

RAYS (12-16)
Upton CF
Crawford LF
Longoria 3B
Pena 1B
Burrell DH
Gross RF
Bartlett SS
Iwamura 2B
Navarro C

Pitching: RHP Andy Sonnanstine (1-3, 6.75).

1-0 Rays early on after the RBI double by Longoria. That's his 35th RBI of the season
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom