Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by bobby1109

On the topic of the Nature Boy, my boy said they have a new section at the new stadium. He sat there during one of the games with the M's. He says they started doing the wave and the dude tells them not to do it. Wave comes to their section and no one does it. Starts to come back around the stadium to their section and he stands up and tells everyone not to do it again. So it passes them again and some lady gets up and says "hey, why aren't we doing it?" He gets up and screams "LADY....BOW DOWN TO THE NATURE BOY. WOOOOOOOO." Lady leaves
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by bobby1109

On the topic of the Nature Boy, my boy said they have a new section at the new stadium. He sat there during one of the games with the M's. He says they started doing the wave and the dude tells them not to do it. Wave comes to their section and no one does it. Starts to come back around the stadium to their section and he stands up and tells everyone not to do it again. So it passes them again and some lady gets up and says "hey, why aren't we doing it?" He gets up and screams "LADY....BOW DOWN TO THE NATURE BOY. WOOOOOOOO." Lady leaves
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

18 of the last 23
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

**I was there in Atlanta when we started this streak
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Smells like your !#$ needs to update the thread more often

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Twitter Team thread gets updated all the time
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VegasHustla

1st Place!!

23mr2i0.jpg

This gif is a classic.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Couldn't watch the game because my cable was acting up.

But 1st place.
pimp.gif

*Inserts Diddy saying $%$#@*@%@+!+ gif*

dead @*# its been like since 2004 since we've been this good..

btw random i always wondered who did we get for ted lilly? raul mondesi?

I just looked it up...didn't know he was involved in the Jeff Weaver deal:

July 5, 2002: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the New York Yankees with Jason Arnold (minors) and John-Ford Griffin to the Oakland Athletics. The Oakland Athletics sent a player to be named later, Franklyn German and Carlos Pena to the Detroit Tigers. The Detroit Tigers sent Jeff Weaver to the New York Yankees. The Detroit Tigers sent cash to the Oakland Athletics. The Oakland Athletics sent Jeremy Bonderman (August 22, 2002) to the Detroit Tigers to complete the trade.

Found on http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lillyte01.shtml

Finally got my Yankee tat yesteday. Its simple, but I'll later to it.

And being alone in first place doesn't mean much. We still need to beat the Red Sox. And any little losing streak we go on, we could fall into 3rd place.

YANKEES (56-37)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Matsui DH
Posada C
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Gardner CF

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I just looked it up...didn't know he was involved in the Jeff Weaver deal:

July 5, 2002: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the New York Yankees with Jason Arnold (minors) and John-Ford Griffin to the Oakland Athletics. The Oakland
Athletics sent a player to be named later, Franklyn German and Carlos Pena to the Detroit Tigers. The Detroit Tigers sent Jeff Weaver to the New York
Yankees. The Detroit Tigers sent cash to the Oakland Athletics. The Oakland Athletics sent Jeremy Bonderman (August 22, 2002) to the Detroit Tigers to
complete the trade.

Found on http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lillyte01.shtml

damn out of that deal we end up with the worst player.

lilly, bonderman & pena all in one deal & we go out & settle for weaver..
roll.gif

not for nothing, but billy beane knows %+* he's doing in Oakland when it comes to pitching & that farm system.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Finally got my Yankee tat yesteday. Its simple, but I'll later to it.

And being alone in first place doesn't mean much. We still need to beat the Red Sox. And any little losing streak we go on, we could fall into 3rd place.

YANKEES (56-37)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Matsui DH
Posada C
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Gardner CF
This seems to be the primary lineup Girardi uses lately...

Pics of tat? I was trying to find night shots of the Stadium but came up empty
frown.gif

A comment on LoHud had this statistical nugget:
Current standings:

NYY 56-37
BOS 55-38 1 GB

IF the Yanks and Boston had split the 8 games this year, then this is what the standings would look like:

NYY 60-33
BOS 51-42 9 GB

Imagine we were 9(thousand) games up on Boston?

I'll get pics later. It's just the Yankee logo for now, but I'm gonna add some stuff to it when I get better financially.

Current standings:

NYY 56-37

BOS 55-38 1 GB

IF the Yanks and Boston had split the 8 games this year, then this is what the standings would look like:

NYY 60-33

BOS 51-42 9 GB

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

Current standings:

NYY 56-37

BOS 55-38 1 GB

NYY 60-33

BOS 51-42 9 GB

eek.gif

Deadset &co in the Sawx thread would look like this:

laugh.gif

shoulda, woulda, coulda, blah blah

imagine if we didnt get screwed out of that lame %#@ 5 inning game against the marlins
imagine if louis bleepin castillo could catch a damn pop up

laugh.gif

but yeah, THANK GOD we've gotten it done against you guys so far, or things would be even worse right now, no doubt

And for further giggles...IF the Yankees had actually won the 8 games against Boston this year.

There wouldn't even be an AL East race...numbers are just
eek.gif

TBONE font for emphasis.

NYY 64-29
BOS 47-46
(17 GB)

It really puts into perspective how well the Yankees have played against everyone else for the most part. As we allknow, there have been some bad losses (22-4 against the KLJs, the losses to the Nationals, Angels, Marlins etc)

Back
Top Bottom