Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

This bullpen
pimp.gif

Sheesh the boston red sox "pitching depth" is extremely overated.. losing to the orioles at home is priceless, I think I'm takin my girl todinner tonite... thank felix pie
laugh.gif

i would try to get lee...anything we give them they wont resign anyway...there ok at develping players.

Looking for depth in both their starting rotation and bullpen, the Yankees appear interested in Pittsburgh's Ian Snell.

New York scouted Snell, who could potentially replace Chien-Ming Wang in the rotation, on Sunday.

Pirates general manager Ned Huntington said recently that he doesn't plan to give Snell away for nothing.

"Teams are still hoping to bottom fish and we're still not ready to just give the guy away," Huntington said. "At this point, his four orfive strong outings haven't increased his value [externally]. We're not talented enough and deep enough as an organization to just give away a playerthat has Major League ability, as challenging as it can be sometimes."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad to be able to catch two of our games against Oakland in the past few days here in the Philippines. Back to the US on Wednesday.

Finally able to make an appearance...haven't been on in like 3 days and I feel lost
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We are on FIRE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's Snell actually worth though? He had a bad year in 2008 and was bad this year until he got demoted. I think he had one start down in AAA where hestruck out 17. Does he start out at Scranton for a little while then get called up? It's essentially a LH Wang we're getting back in return so thePirates shouldn't be asking for that much. He struggled badly against the NL Central, how does that bode for him in the AL East?

Pirates just getting salty that we keep taking their "stars" in exchange for AAAA players (Ohlendorf, Karstens, Steven Jackson)
laugh.gif

Some Yankee Stats:
  • Yanks have won 22 of ther last 28. 45 of their last 66.
  • The Yankees have won 8 of their last 9 series. They have won 22 series this year, 2 fewer than ALL of last year
    eek.gif
Mo's last 16 games:
  • 16 innings
  • 4 hits
  • 0 runs
  • 1 walk
  • 15 k's
Phil Franchise last 16 games:
  • 21 innings
  • 11 hits
  • 0 runs
  • 4 walks
  • 25 k's

Hughes is a beast in the pen.... If Joba is staying a starter I would say F it and let Hughes be our next closer
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom