Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Just curious, Yankees fans worried about Joba? He's been very inconsistent this year and I'd be nervous with him on the bound in a playoff game.

Yea if he does trash in the playoffs they have noone to blame but themselves really. The one or 2 inning starts are gonna hurt him I think.

yeah, just pissed off at how he's being handled.

nolan ryan got it right, he says how can u expect a guy to get stronger and be ready to throw 120 pitches in a big game when you dont let him prepare correctlyby LETTING HIM THROW . they put limits on how many feet they can warm up with ( 120 ft max ), how many pitches they can warm up with, and no long toss which isprobably the best way to strengthen a pitchers arm .

just stupid
smh.gif

Come playoff time I think we would go with a 3 man rotation anyway...so obviously Joba will be in the pen b/c you have to have Andy pitching in theplayoffs......I have a feeling he will dominates in the pen again and then the debate would be back.... Imagine though in the playoffs.... Joba, Hughes, Mo toend the game
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hughes with 3Ks in his 1.1 innings of work.
pimp.gif

Even Coney thinks Hughes could be a great closer; he compared him to Mariano in terms of demeanor.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Come playoff time I think we would go with a 3 man rotation anyway...so obviously Joba will be in the pen b/c you have to have Andy pitching in the playoffs......I have a feeling he will dominates in the pen again and then the debate would be back.... Imagine though in the playoffs.... Joba, Hughes, Mo to end the game
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Joba's gotta get his (&@( straightened out first. I'd trust Robertson more than Joba in the late innings.

One reason they don't want to put him back in the pen is because he takes too long to warm up. It's probably why he's had those stints where hegets beaten around in the first inning.

Maybe he has to pay a visit to his pops in Nebraska again before the playoffs amd "get away from baseball" for a couple days.

Hell no man I disagree....I bet if Joba goes to the pen for the playoffs he will be pumped up again and be dominant.

If he does come out of the pen, can Joba still throw that heat? I haven't seen him throw past 95 and I don't know if it's part of his efforts toconserve energy as a starter or because of that injury he had last year.

Bruney = Kyle Farnsworth 2.0. Girardi still believes he can fix him and get him right (and I hope he does).

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/09/05/runaway-train-never-coming-back/[/h2]
[h2]Runaway train, never coming back[/h2] September 5
With the Red Sox losing at Chicago, the Yankees now have a lead of 8.5 games in the East.

Meanwhile, the Angels will be facing Zack Greinke this evening. At the moment, they trail the Yankees by 6.5 games.

As for today's game, it was a tedious affair as the Yankees walked seven and left 14 on base but lived to tell the tale. The force remained strong in young master Phil Hughes as he fanned three of the four batters he faced.

"This might be as good as I've ever seen him," Joba Chamberlain said of Hughes. "This is the pitcher everybody was talking about a few years ago. It's great to see."

Joba, perhaps you can be inspired by Hughes's performance so you can pitch with a lot more conviction and a lot less CRAPPY.

I don't see why everybody's so concerned with Joba. I believe he was told to reserve his strength specifically for the playoffs.

I @%$$%*% hate these Joba rules.
smh.gif

I have a feeling their going to bite us in the %$* come playoff time.

With the way the standings are, the Yankees wouldn't have to face the Angels in the playoffs until a potential ALCS matchup, correct?

I don't think it's fair to expect Joba to start beasting once/if he moves to the pen. It's not that easy and his stuff has been erratic so far.

On the other hand Hughes looks extremely sharp and the Yanks are lucky to have another reliable closer-type besides Mariano.

I'd rather not see the Los Angeles Angels of Planet Earth in the playoffs period. The Rangers might be able to pass them to claim the lead in the AL West.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

With the way the standings are, the Yankees wouldn't have to face the Angels in the playoffs until a potential ALCS matchup, correct?

Yea. Barring a collapse on both sides, we're playing Detroit.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

The Yankees are definitely playing like one of them killed a stripper last night.

laugh.gif

melky with the 3 run bomb, i do smell a comeback ...

it's faint but i can smell it ..........

Back
Top Bottom